Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Kildare Club Championship 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
AuthorMessage
intheback
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:55 am

I'd wager a lot of clubs and indeed counties would be really happy to have Glen at the helm.

Apart from his own county of course. Anyway look where they are now.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:07 am

intheback wrote:
I'd wager a lot of clubs and indeed counties would be really happy to have Glen at the helm.

it take more than glen ryan to sort the Kildare senior team . Have look johnny doyle piece in Irish examiner yesterday
Back to top Go down
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:03 am

U21 B Championship
Leixlip 0-01 to 1-8 St. Laurences

Leixlip scoring only 1 point Shocked Pathetic.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:20 am

Hulk. As one who was at the game, it was fairly depressing stuff. We were hugely stuck for numbers - much so one player who played in an u17 game yesterday played the whole game today!!! 3 subs in total on the line. We did lose most of last years team who got to the final, but it was soul destroying to see today.
In fairness to all concerned they put in really hard work- management and players,- and despite knowing we had a lack of numbers all of the lads were committed to the cause, (one or two lads who hadn't played for a few years came back) and they put in good sessions for the build up. However the bottom fell out of our challenge today.
Back to top Go down
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:38 am

Sounds bad lot. Whats going on there? Lack of interest? Also would it not have been a good idea to join up with Confey for the u21's. Leixlip is such a massive town and i just can't believe how they don't compete strongly at all levels.
Back to top Go down
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:42 am

Also great win for Maynooth.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:39 am

lilywhites on tour wrote:
Hulk. As one who was at the game, it was fairly depressing stuff. We were hugely stuck for numbers - much so one player who played in an u17 game yesterday played the whole game today!!! 3 subs in total on the line. We did lose most of last years team who got to the final, but it was soul destroying to see today.
In fairness to all concerned they put in really hard work- management and players,- and despite knowing we had a lack of numbers all of the lads were committed to the cause, (one or two lads who hadn't played for a few years came back) and they put in good sessions for the build up. However the bottom fell out of our challenge today.

It is a ridiculous time of year to be starting competitions , the weather is horrific and pitches terrible.

3 subs ? I would venture ye are one of the lucky ones.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:40 am

fone wrote:
intheback wrote:

it take more than glen ryan to sort the Kildare senior team  . Have  look johnny doyle piece in  Irish examiner yesterday

True bud.
Back to top Go down
All_right_in_white
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:09 am

lilywhites on tour wrote:

The right idea would have been to join with Confey and enter a St Columbas team at U21. The Confey senior team have a few very strong players on the panel U21 but they couldn't enter a team this year because of a lack of numbers.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:02 am

I'm hearing there were a number of w/o in the u21 championship, and it's sad to see what is an excellent grade of football.. it's a terrible time of the year for it and the interest just isn't there and hasn't been for a good few years.
Back to top Go down
pkmie
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:42 pm

Under 21's has been dead and buried for a few years now. Most young lads are playing at Minor and Senior level all year long, not to mention schools and colleges so can't you really blame them for taking a break for a few months over the winter? I didn't play U-21 the last two years I was eligible for that very reason....
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:23 pm

Its very hard to get an u21 team out. I certainly would not be slagging off clubs or results. All you can do is do you best and I think we all know how hard it is to get anyone in most clubs to help out and take on a team. Especially a u-21. Most of the time you are on the phone begging lads to come play.
Back to top Go down
pkmie
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:47 pm

Dare I ask the question is it time to consider getting rid of it altogether?
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:04 am

From 2018 it's u20 for county and u21 in club also u17 for county and u 18 for club
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:43 am

I'd fancy maynooth for the u21 this year, have the team to do it. What kind of a team do athy have this year. I know they won this age at minor beating tmh but a few of those players seem to have gone off the radar. As for Leixlip only scoring a point that's pretty dire stuff, but did yee not have a very strong team last year?
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:48 am

Celbridgelad wrote:
I'd  fancy maynooth for the u21 this year, have the team to do it. What kind of a team do athy have this year. I know they won this age at minor beating tmh but a few of those players seem to have gone off the radar. As for Leixlip only scoring a point that's pretty dire stuff, but di'd yee not have a very strong team last year?
Naas beat athy last Sunday
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:48 pm

I hear a rumour that Ross Glavin in the new Moorefield manager.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:34 pm

Ross Gavin has step down ballyteague manager after agreeing to stay other  year. Ross is officially the new Moorefield manager
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:47 am

Gaa1928 wrote:

WTF Kenny turned that team on its head after the mauling it got off Sarsfields last year, another day and another ref Moorefield would be deserving champions and this is the thanks he gets? seriously shocking stuff even by Moorefield top table standards stunned is an understatement!
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:55 am

kildarecat wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:

WTF Kenny turned that team on its head after the mauling it got off Sarsfields last year, another day and another ref Moorefield would be deserving champions and this is the thanks he gets? seriously shocking stuff even by Moorefield top table standards stunned is an understatement!

Did ye not think Maybe Kenny called it a day himself.....
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:16 am

Dido wrote:
kildarecat wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:

Did ye not think Maybe Kenny called it a day himself.....

Well if he did fair enough but I'm not privy to anything more than what I already know.
Back to top Go down
Highball
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:11 am

Very surprised to hear about this management change . Ross is only 32 and only has one year under his belt at ballyteague. Added to that he is probably very close to the lads on the panel which I'm not sure is a good thing (granted Kenny Duane not much older).

I just think it's a very strange appointment for a club who would have a lot of interested parties willing to take over. Could be a master stroke if it goes well for him and wish him the best but just find it a bit strange and quick so soon after county final
Back to top Go down
spot on
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:21 pm

its alot moore sickening than people know.sad vsad it will all come out in time.best of luck 2 ross and frank..
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:45 pm

Good to see young coaches getting a chance. Better than the merry go around of mercenaries  in most counties.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:09 pm

sarsno1 wrote:
Good to see young coaches getting a chance. Better than the merry go around of mercenaries  in most counties.

I agree with your basic point there is a myth out there that you need an outside manager to succeed, but in this case unless Kenny stepped down of his own accord there was absolutely no reason whatsoever for Moorefield to change manager and mentors, I hope against hope that it wasn't a crowd pushing their own agenda that shoved Kenny aside to allow Ross in?.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   

Back to top Go down

Kildare Club Championship 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 32 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next