Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Kildare Club Championship 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
AuthorMessage
kildarecat
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Kenny Duane?   Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:11 pm

sarsno1 wrote:
Good to see young coaches getting a chance. Better than the merry go around of mercenaries  in most counties.

I agree with your basic point there is a myth out there that you need an outside manager to succeed, but in this case unless Kenny stepped down of his own accord there was absolutely no reason whatsoever for Moorefield to change manager and mentors, I hope against hope that it wasn't a crowd pushing their own agenda that shoved Kenny aside to allow Ross in?.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:41 am

kildarecat wrote:
sarsno1 wrote:
Good to see young coaches getting a chance. Better than the merry go around of mercenaries  in most counties.

I agree with your basic point there is a myth out there that you need an outside manager to succeed, but in this case unless Kenny stepped down of his own accord there was absolutely no reason whatsoever for Moorefield to change manager and mentors, I hope against hope that it wasn't a crowd pushing their own agenda that shoved Kenny aside to allow Ross in?.

Luke Dempsey won 2 titles in 2 years and was also 'moved on' so no surprises here. He has now won back to back titles with St.Lomans.

Whatever happen this time around I am not sure about but at least Ross and Frankie are also club men and I'm sure Kenny wouldn't wish them any personal ill will.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Kenny Duane   Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:46 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
kildarecat wrote:
sarsno1 wrote:

Luke Dempsey won 2 titles in 2 years and was also 'moved on' so no surprises here.  He has now won back to back titles with St.Lomans.

Whatever happen this time around I am not sure about but at least Ross and Frankie are also club men and I'm sure Kenny wouldn't wish them any personal ill will.

Of course Kenny wouldn't wish them any ill will and like all Moorefield people I wish Ross and co all the best, but from a personal perspective if it turns out Kenny was shoved aside he's more than entitled to feel a little cheesed off don't you think?.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Kenny Duane   Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:46 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
kildarecat wrote:
sarsno1 wrote:

Luke Dempsey won 2 titles in 2 years and was also 'moved on' so no surprises here.  He has now won back to back titles with St.Lomans.

Of course Kenny wouldn't wish them any ill will and like all Moorefield people I wish Ross and co all the best, but from a personal perspective if it turns out Kenny was shoved aside he's more than entitled to feel a little cheesed off don't you think?.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:13 pm

kildarecat wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
kildarecat wrote:
sarsno1 wrote:

I agree.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:14 pm

I see suncroft gave rheban a wo in the u21 championship.

Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:19 pm

U21 semi finals.

A. Clane v moorefield.
Maynooth v naas.

B. Raheens v monasterevin.
St Lawrence's v tower's.

C. Alymer gaels v rheban.
Rathangan v sallins.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:41 pm

Any word on the club managerial merry go round apart from Moorefield?
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:05 am

kildarecat wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
kildarecat wrote:
sarsno1 wrote:

It appears that you were well informed 'kildarecat'
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:36 am

Micky Murphy. 
Did nt hear of any other changes. Jtb were looking. Don't know of other clubs. Did the athy lad stay on.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:48 pm

I'm gonna go with moorefield and naas.. raheens and tower's.. alymer gaels and rathangan to advance to the u21 finals.
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:49 am

Towers looking for the game to be played in 'the park' next Saturday. Would be a great occasion for the the town/club.

Hope it gets the green light, in spite of the grievances between the manger and our CB chairman.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:43 am

lily4fr wrote:
Towers looking for the game to be played in 'the park' next Saturday. Would be a great occasion for the the town/club.

Hope it gets the green light, in spite of the grievances between the manger and our CB chairman.
nothing to do with Kildare county board it's up to Leinster council to decide it gets go ahead
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:11 pm

Is there any reason why tower's couldn't play it on their own turf ?.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:13 am

It looks like the CB are gonna put the u21 championship B on hold until tower's Leinster campaign ends.. the joy of success.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:56 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
It looks like the CB are gonna put the u21 championship B on hold until tower's Leinster campaign ends.. the joy of success.

Is this fair on the other clubs. I say no way.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:42 am

Certainly unfair on larries who are in the semi waiting a few weeks now.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:47 am

Does this competition mean anything to clubs who senior team win senior intermediate or junior. Sarsfields would not play three best u21 players in case they got injured for Leinster senior club championship. Is play wrong time of year
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:19 pm

sarsno1 wrote:
Micky Murphy. 
Did nt hear of any other changes. Jtb were looking. Don't know of other clubs. Did the athy lad stay on.

Brian Flanagan is the new jtb manager.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:38 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
sarsno1 wrote:
Micky Murphy. 

Brian Flanagan is the new jtb manager.

Not sure that is a good appointment but I may be proved wrong. Too close to current squad imo
Back to top Go down
Landro88
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:42 am

Something doesn't add him. Flanno gave up a selectors role with the county due to work commitments but yet he takes a club management role.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:49 am

A schmokescreen...for all 3 to go for different reasons looked odd. But to be fair, I would imagine its just a case of Cian changing his selectors without a public ditching which is the decent way to do these things.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:40 pm

All the best to Towers today and our lads up in Drogheda tomorrow obviously. A step into the unknown for us against a strong physical team, the lads have prepared well and want to deliver a big performance.
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:09 pm

topcat wrote:
All the best to Towers today and our lads up in Drogheda tomorrow obviously. A step into the unknown for us against a strong physical team, the lads have prepared well and want to deliver a big performance.

+1 best of luck to both teams!
Back to top Go down
jimmers
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:37 am

Kildare GAA Awards 2016

Footballer of the Year
Fergal Conway - Celbridge

Senior Football Club Player of the Year
Ben McCormack - Sarsfields

Intermediate Football Club Player of the Year