Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Division 3 final

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:03 am

You'll be rewarded in the next life Seamus.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:05 am

Anyone watching this Div 1 final ? Our lads should be sat down and watch it in full. How to tackle both legal and illegal .

And the intesity which is required for this level
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:23 am

Dublin are on a different planet to us.. glory be the day's when we used to travel with hope.. after watching them today I think I'll apply for a j1.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:25 am

jim wrote:
You'll be rewarded in the next life Seamus.

I'd doubt it my friend. Question
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:32 am

I watched mist of it and yes the tackling was on another level but it was referred completely differently to last night. Kinsella let a lot go, where as Mooney blew for any touch. That's not taking away from our ineptitude but it makes a difference.

Anyway watching it only confirms that  Dublin are so far out of sight of not just Kildare but everyone else it's basically a non event now. Kerry consider themselves the best but they are as far away from Dublin as we are to them.

Either the GAA stop pumping money into Dublin and helping them at every turn or they will have no County football to fill their coffers. Leinster is already a waste land it's only a matter of time the rest follows.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:11 am

Yep GAA have dug a massive hole for themselves with their funding of Dubs. As if the natural advantage of weight of numbers, tradition and commercial sponsorship wasn't enough some bright spark decided they needed to give them a further leg up towards total domination. Only solution is to break up Dublin at this stage.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:05 am

Hard to believe that up until a few years ago, any triangulation of Dublin / Meath / Kildare was an event. It would be hard to think of a bigger non-event in sport these days than the Leinster championship.

Anyway, if it's any consolation, Dubs winning the AI again is a double-edged sword. The Donegal defeat in 2014 put the kibosh on the split talk, but if they go back to back this year, having won 11 out of 12 Leinsters in addition to four consecutive leagues and their underage achievements, splitting them will inevitably become a hot topic again.

Tbh, a split or a similarly dramatic move is virtually assured at this stage. It's ludicrous the advantages they currently have.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:17 am

Incidentally, comparing Tyrone's defensive set up to Kildare's is like comparing Jeffrey Archer to James Joyce - they have it down to a fine art. Fancy them to make the All Ireland final this year.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:53 am

Was taking to a few clare lads cannot believe how nice a football team Kildare are no upper body hits only arm tackles easy to run through it has not changed
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:02 am

I can well believe it. It was shocking to see Jarlath Burns' analysis of the first goal tonight. Long ball into Feely and Brennan and no one within 30 yards of them. Awful.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:06 am

Any chance Colm Cavanagh and Justin McMahon could give a coaching session on sweeper and blocking up the defence session to our defenders?
Back to top Go down
white boy
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:16 am

I think this is the best lesson C.o Neill will get at this time now he knows he needs to change his game plan. He dose not have the players to go man to man surely he see that now mite be the best to happen to us yet .
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:15 pm

Since 2012 we have played 16 games in Croke Park.
We have lost 12 of those.

The last THREE have been hugely embarrassing. (conceeded 14-51 in 3 games Embarassed )
That is just the word that springs to mind for me.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:03 pm

Lads I think it's all well and good talking systems and defensive set-up but if the men who are back there just throw out a lazy paw and are not willing to put the body into the hit then it's the same end result.
Christ what Dublin could do to us is terrifying yet again...

We also have to stop talking about Dublin in general as looking at Cavan v Tyrone they are also streets ahead in terms of their decision-making.
IC players should not have to be spoonfed the basics like midfielders and half backs being caught up the field and leaving the full back line exposed again and again.
Or maybe they DO need to be told and in that case Cian needs to give lads specific roles. Options are not great but a lad like Bolton would at least be vocal back there. Morgan Flats has one of those rare commodities in Kildare football terms - a brain!

This is nothing new here but what worries me is that we are a real purple patch team. When things are all falling in out favour we can be great but then it all falls apart at the first sign of trouble.

That was a bit ranty I know but I honestly think everyone here is sick of the same silly things year on year. Honestly is there another county in Div 2 or 3 that make so many unforced errors?
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:34 am

Flamingo wrote:
..........Christ what Dublin could do to us is terrifying yet again...

We also have to stop talking about Dublin in general........

The only smile I got out of football this weekend.Thanks Flamingo  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bigfullforward
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:54 am

Crofter wrote:
Anyone know what sort of a team Wexford have?

They are utterly dreadful. A horrendous Laois team beat them by 10 points last week. Challenges are no great indicator of anything but still......
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:30 am

tomoneillandhissisteranne wrote:
Flamingo wrote:
..........Christ what Dublin could do to us is terrifying yet again...

We also have to stop talking about Dublin in general........

The only smile I got out of football this weekend.Thanks Flamingo  Laughing

I often disagree with myself! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:34 pm

Ah lads it's only April I'm an optimist and in a months time maybe the glass will be half full
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:28 am

Right now Moate, there isn't even a glass!
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Wed May 04, 2016 10:44 pm

If we look at Kildare football at the moment there is hardly a list of players you can make up that you can say he is a excellent footballer and can do it all. The standard of football in teh county is at a low in my opinion. In fact no matter what system kildare play the players ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH to play it against the better teams. They are just better footballers than us. At the moment. We will compete against all Leinster counties in the championship but Dublin will beat all comers. I just hope that the minor and u21 teams that have competed against Dublin in recent years will keep playing football. We need these to follow through year on year and bring the strength of senior football in the county back up. Someone old me that looking at the u21 team of 2005 makes for bad reading. Although I cannot verify this most don't event play football anymore and more or less stopped very soon after. Only what I was told. I wonder how many of the minor player from last year will be still playing in 5 years. I hold my breath.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Wed May 04, 2016 11:28 pm

The same could be said of the 21s team that reached the All-Ireland final in 2008, of that team the only two that made a siginifigant impact at senior level have been Smithy and Eoin Flats, quite a number of them are not even playing club football anymore, those are players who should be hitting their prime at 28-29 right now!
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Fri May 27, 2016 12:21 am

That is where our problem lies. We need to make sure all the underage teams that are playing so well keep playing as long as possible. Not sure if the beer in Kildare tastes nicer or what but we just seem to lose a lot of the top underage players.
Back to top Go down
kildare12345
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Fri May 27, 2016 8:51 pm

Botch wrote:
That is where our problem lies.  We need to make sure all the underage teams that are playing so well keep playing as long as possible.  Not sure if the beer in Kildare tastes nicer or what but we just seem to lose a lot of the top underage players.

Just a note that going drinking isn't the sole reason people stop playing. For many the time given/needed far exceeds what they get out of it. Especially for county football, not sure how guys in counties outside Dublin in Leinster give the level of commitment required when there is almost zero chance of winning anything of note.

These guys are sacrificing so, so much at the detriment of their health, relationships and job usually. Lads retiring with massive, long term debilitating injuries at young ages.

I do feel that club footballers are being mucked around also in the county, games getting changed willy nilly, putting them on during bank holidays or on the Monday evening of a bank holiday. Training for a championship match in May and then the next not being for 3 months. A season that is 9/10 months long at the minimum for most clubs with training to games ratio being askew.

Thought it was fitting how the professional Australian cricketers reacted to Maher's statement about their drinking ban. Rochford had the right idea with this when managing Corofin I think.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Fri May 27, 2016 11:14 pm

kildare12345 wrote:
Botch wrote:
That is where our problem lies.  We need to make sure all the underage teams that are playing so well keep playing as long as possible.  Not sure if the beer in Kildare tastes nicer or what but we just seem to lose a lot of the top underage players.

Just a note that going drinking isn't the sole reason people stop playing. For many the time given/needed far exceeds what they get out of it. Especially for county football, not sure how guys in counties outside Dublin in Leinster give the level of commitment required when there is almost zero chance of winning anything of note.

These guys are sacrificing so, so much at the detriment of their health, relationships and job usually. Lads retiring with massive, long term debilitating injuries at young ages.

I do feel that club footballers are being mucked around also in the county, games getting changed willy nilly, putting them on during bank holidays or on the Monday evening of a bank holiday. Training for a championship match in May and then the next not being for 3 months. A season that is 9/10 months long at the minimum for most clubs with training to games ratio being askew.

Thought it was fitting how the professional Australian cricketers reacted to Maher's statement about their drinking ban. Rochford had the right idea with this when managing Corofin I think.

A-f**king-men
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sat May 28, 2016 12:04 am

Good post k12345.. welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   

Back to top Go down

Division 3 final
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next