Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Division 3 final

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:11 am

We don't seem to be able to catch a kickout for love nor money
Back to top Go down
Carburyhill
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:19 am

Watching the game a couple of things
Our lazy tackling is unreal lads putting there arm out instead of there body
There is a serious lack of pace in the team I don't know if it's the system of play but we look really slow
We have a lot of work to do on kick outs
Back to top Go down
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:49 am

Kildare beat kildare again
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:49 am

I see no improvement in that team from last year. Defence is a shambles.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:53 am

Absolutely terrifying, won't be right for days after that and I can forget about sleeping with lights off.

Result doesn't matter as you'd hope had we won that "cup" it would've been in a drawer in the offices in Conleth's until they'd to go looking for it to give back in 12 months. But unless we have 99 per cent of possession against teams that are of any use (not bloody likely with the kick-out system, the decision making and the fear when putting boot to ball) we are in for a few more humiliations.

Without the ball both the attitude and system are a mess. If we tackle, it's lazy and leads to a free and that's if the man with the ball doesn't just run straight through the half-arsed tackle to begin with. There is zero intensity from anyone. Any sort of pace opens us up. Beating a man leads to a massive overlap. There is no joined-up thinking or helping a man who is beaten or who is trying to contain. Just a shambles that's partly out of ability, partly out of set-up and largely out of laziness.

I wish Cian O'Neill all the luck but I've nowhere near enough to get near what he's going to need. As I said on previous page, we were playing a team that have about a third of their team well overweight - I've seen skinnier pub teams in soccer - and still, they were much sharper, faster, and simply put, better. Well deserved win and fair play while competing internally with the Davy express.

Couple of minor pluses are that Flynn (what a boot) and Tyrell could solve the free-taking issues but they'll be consolation frees on big summer days when we've shipped about 10 goals! This isn't based on losing rather performance, and not on one game but limping through a campaign against poor teams where there was an opportunity to show some pride and bounce back after, frankly, humiliating and embarrassing themselves last year. Kildare have had brainless (in football sense) teams in the past but they at least made up for it with effort. This group? They're interest reminds of Laois. Might seem harsh but it's reality, serious boots needed up holes in that camp.

As I say, terrifying and now I'm off to put a 100-watt bulb in the bedroom!

Last edited by TommyKeegan on Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:55 am

If Ryan had have been in charge today, he'd have been fucked into somebody's boot and brought up the Wicklow mountains.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:59 am

Omg. Defender's need to start defending, attacking half backs is all very well, but they have to be able to defend also.

Smith touched the ball once and stayed on the field for an hour.. Mcnally and others need to take better options, not always shooting on sight.. I know it's wrong to be singling out fellas, but it's very frustrating.
Agree with tk, clare looked like a seasoned junior side from south kildare.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:07 am

Trouble brewing I think. Another shambles in Croke Park (I hate the place now). Can't tackle or stop runners, I said before Kildare are easy to play against, just run straight at the defence and they either soil themselves or give a free away.
Couldn't catch a ball all day in midfield and yet we persist on kicking it straight down their best players throat all day. Do the players even think for themselves anymore, or see what's going in front of them.

Hand pass after hand pass given away when it was easier to find their man. Four weeks out from Wexford and they must be licking their lips. Even if we had 4 months we won't sort that defending out. 

I don't know what else to say about how bad that defending was. It is quite simply not nearly good enough.

The sideline had no answer, which I find disturbing. 

Did I say I hate Croke Park
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:15 am

the problem in my eyes was we ran out of moorefield lads to bring on.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:24 am

Xavi wrote:
the problem in my eyes was we ran out of moorefield lads to bring on.

Any more and we'd have to start in the green jersey.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:25 am

Still think blue and white more appropriate given the level of effort focus and interest.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:25 am

Embarrassing.

All 15 on the pitch playing as individuals. Ollie Lyons and Ciaran Fitzpatrick were constantly left out to dry. Seems to be a "your man, you deal with him" attitude at the back. Houlihan, as I stated before, is not good enough to be starting for the seniors. Fergal Conway has never convinced either.

At the other end, Alan Smith's greed on the ball was bordering on cringe worthy at times.

The answer from the sideline? Bring on Kevin Murnaghan.

Jesus Christ.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:35 am

Don't forget daryl and Eanna.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:51 am

Going to have to lie in a darkened room for a while before I comment much on that. All the excuses are being trotted out on Twitter by the deluded. Hard championship training (though clearly nothing tactical and no defensive training), injuries (you'll always have 2 or 3 it's a squad game), red cards (we were as bad before as after the cards), we'd already won promotion blah blah.
It's a load of bollix lads - we're shite and we're not getting any better. Cian is as articulate as they come but he's not solving basic problems or improving us. We're just not very good and have too many brainless footballers. That's not an indictment on their intellect as such but on the pitch it's what they show week in week out.
To finish on one positive - well done Flynn even if that last minute free was typical of the sort of opportunity we never seem to take.His overall display didn't deserve that.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:52 am

One person says Smithy hogged the ball..another says he touched it once..im surprised Jason Ryan nothing getting lashed for this one! 2-17 v Clare and they could have had 3 goals before the first..bring on the Dubs!
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:56 am

Nearly everything about this performance irritated me. As Tommy said, there was a slackness about the whole thing that was appalling.

I know we're already promoted, but by Jesus we are Kildare and if there's one county who hasn't earned the right to check out for an evening it's us. Jim Gavin and Jim McGuinness have taken things to a new level in terms of demanding consistent excellence - neither of them would tolerate a performance like that.

As Flourman said, there would have been death warrants for Jason Ryan if he'd overseen that. Regardless of past achievements, Cian O'Neill has to be held up to the same scrutiny. We were playing good football in the first half and built up a decent lead - yet again, the pandemic of defensive sloppiness amongst current Kildare teams surfaces and we concede a goal. Another killer towards the end of the match for good measure.

There have several threads on here on this subject but it doesn't seem like O'Neill or anyone else actually gives a shit so it's probably a waste of time highlighting it again. If we set the same way against the Dubs (assuming we get there, it's a long way from guaranteed), we will be crucified, again.

If there was sense O'Neill was plotting a defensive masterplan that would be something, but there has been zero evidence of it so far. Very disappointing as when he was with Kerry they were tactically the best team in the country.

Btw, I was among those fighting O'Neill's corner on Moorefield bias but it was almost self-parody in the second half. Half the Moorefield team were by the end.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:57 am

Anybody making any excuses for shite needs to give themselves a shake
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:18 am

wont make any excuses for anyone. we're coming on this forum a long time now expecting more from our players and they never really deliver,in reality they simply are not good enough. The greatest manager in the game had to jump through hoops and stand on his head over 2 different stints to get a couple of Leinsters out of the greatest bunch of players we ever produced.

When you're simply not good enough it can look like you're not trying or can't be arsed. All teams now are prepared to such a high level and standard that honesty of effort is redundant. One aspect I think we do fall down on is the mental side of things which could be a dressed and improved however Sigmund Freud would have trouble assessing us however.

Its widely accepted for the most part that the best players are on the panel. Cian is widely respected as a top coach. Murphy Brennan and Flanagan are no fools. You can analyse it all you want but as I've already said you can't make a silk purse from a pigs ear.

Fitzpatrick - not good enough.
Johnny Byrne - not good enough
Houlihan - not good enough
Conway - not good enough
Moolick - too slow for this level
Tyrell - not good enough
Callaghan - once a top player, no longer good enough
Smith - As above
Feely - nothing suggests to me he's what Ger McNally builds him up to be

Doesn't leave you with much after that.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:26 am

11 games (8 against division 3 teams) into the Cian O'Neill reign and we are still as defensively inept as we have been for the last few years with absolutely no signs of any improvement. What do they do at these training sessions?

To be honest I'd be frightened as to what would happen to us if we do manage to get to a Leinster Final this year.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:47 am

Going to try and look for a few positives as the negatives are so overwhelming. If Moolick had scored like he should have we would have won have won despite being a man down and playing poorly. Flynn and Tyrell kicked some fine scores as did Cribben near the end. After that I'm struggling!
Not going to name any players but quite a few of them are clearly not good enough at this level which lets not forget is Div 3. The 2 Kellys, Doyle, McCormack, Sherry and maybe Fogarty would be a big improvement if we could get them all fit and on the pitch.
The scary thing is we could scrape 2 wins and end up in a Leinster final against Dublin. Based on the league performances they could put 10 goals past us if they wanted to.
I've been a big fan of Cian but he has failed to improve us throughout the league in tackling, intensity or tactics.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:59 am

Which McCormack?
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:06 am

flourman wrote:
Which McCormack?
Ben
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:07 am

Have to say if I was a manager, I would genuinely love playing against Kildare.

Defensively, it's like the last decade of football never happened. There is usually acres of space in front of our full back line. A decent pass into the full forward line, breaking a tackle around the half backs or offloading to a player coming off the shoulder - execute one of those moves properly and our entire defence opens up.

The only thing I can off in mitigation is that the players were a bit upset over Prince's death. His Croke Park gig never happened, but we certainly played like a bunch of effete posers so perhaps it was some kind of tribute.
Back to top Go down
cmcc
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:28 am

Just home now from that debacle and I'm utterly despondent about the future. I'd agree with most of the comments above. We're an utter shambles, I can see no sign of any defensive plan, every team we have met this year has been able to run through us with ease and the worst part is there has been no sign or evidence of improvement in this area. It's been a glaring weakness since the start of the league. I'm absolutely shocked that O'Neill hasn't been able to display more tactical nous based on his reputation in the game.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:34 am

It is unbelievable - elite forwards these days have got used to being virtually asphyxiated, but play against Kildare and you have an entire half to frolic around in at your leisure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   

Back to top Go down

Division 3 final
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next