Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Division 3 final

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:07 am

flourman wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:
First half of this thread: Sure this game doesn't matter at all, bit of a kick around will do us no harm I suppose.

Second half of this thread: I'd top myself now but someone has to make sure the manager is executed in the Wicklow mountains and sure if I kill myself now then I'll never get to spend the money I get from lumping on Wexford.

Some men.

Well O2 what's your opinion of where we're at?

Fair question. This was actually the first time I got to see one of our games since the Kerry match.

I think we have a bit more to work with than we did then thanks to Hyland, Feely and Neil Flynn. Dan Flynn should improve us further from last year. I also like the look of Ryan Houlihan, he's getting slated here, and those misplaced passes were bad, but he is young and will get a lot better. I'd stick with him.

We are still carrying some players who take awful decisions and these lads are older so I'd be losing patience. I am thinking of the likes of Fitzpatrick, Conway, Moolick and McNally here. I know they have great plus points but count how many scores come from us giving the ball away in our own half. They need to cut that out or not be involved.

It looks to me like we're trying to kick the ball a lot more and I like that. It reaped dividends early on when we got Neil Flynn one on one but Clare adapted and Smith and Flynn were completely starved of possession. However in general I like that we appear to be working on more accurate kick-passing even if the results are underwhelming. Changing the way we play will take time.

I think our kickout strategy is not as good as it was last year. The biggest factor in our win over Cork was the way Donnellan was landing it on the chest of Moolick and Cribbin. It gave us buckets of possession and we used it to take them apart. Now the strategy seems, most of the time, to be to hoof it out the middle. Maybe Kerry can keep it that simple because it's fine if you've got David Moran and Anthony Maher out there to dominate physically. But our lads in that sector aren't the big strong midfielder types. Gary Brennan is and he hurt us time and again.

There's a lot of talk about our defensive strategy but I think it's too easy to say "oh we don't have a tactical plan". No plan in the world will work if you give away a free EVERY SINGLE TIME the opposition run at you. In some cases I had sympathy for defenders on both sides as the refereeing was unbelievably precious. Ollie was rightly bewildered at a couple of decisions against him and it was the same at the other end - Fitzpatrick had the softest free I've seen this side of someone breathing in the general vicinity of Bernard Brogan.

However a lot of the frees were not down to the ref. I'm thinking of Conway in the second half just slinging one of the Collins' by the shoulder. That's just giving a cast-iron score. We may as well turn around and kick the ball over our own bar. I can't believe someone who has been playing IC football a few years is still doing shyte like that.

So I think the poor defending is a skills and decision-making thing more than a gameplan thing. In most situations we have enough men back - they just can't get forwards turned and get in tackles without giving away frees. What can you do only work on it?

Sorry for the length of this but I'll just finish off by saying where I think we're at. I think/hope we'll be marginally better than last year because of the age profile of the squad. I think we'll make the Leinster final and lose it by more than 10 points. I think with a kind draw we'll win our round four qualifier and be convincingly beaten in an All-Ireland quarter. I think anything less than this would be a disappointment. I think we should be building with the aim of being a top-six side around 2018/19.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:35 pm

For the record OTB, I didn't post in first half of thread, just was shocked at how awful we are and that's not based on one game, but the lack of improvement from being the most humiliated team in All Ireland history last year.

My problem in defence is actually bigger than when we give away the frees by crap tackling as awful as that is, it's when lads can't even put a body on the line to do that - for me that's the beginning of how to be a defender followed by class 102 of not to foul. If I was a player from a top county I'd be urinating laughing at our lads. Honestly. It's that bad. Our defence is Kildangan beside Sarsfields/Moorefield/Athy/Celbridge...

When top teams play, even Division One football this year beyond Down thus extending to mid-tier teams, the tackle is rarely broken. Thus goal chances come from football brains. Now not only do we not have those football brains, the amount of times the tackle is broken every minute we don't have the ball is terrifying. Half the time there's no man in the vicinity, half the time there's one man with no back up and should he fail as he tackles like a lad that has never been coached, you can imagine Bernard Brogan getting five or six (seriously, we'll ship 10 goals against them this year if not put out of our misery first). Clare's goal before half-time perfectly illustrates that. No tackles, no tracking, no cohesion, no support and literally no ability to read the most basic move a club player would get hounded at in training for if he didn't see coming. "Watch, watch, watch, oh shit, he planned to score."

And honestly, this is a Clare team who will go back down to Division Three having been murdered in Munster and, I am not kidding, are seriously overweight (I won't name players as amateur game but not difficult to see). That's the level we are at, beaten by teams with guts, and I mean spirit and the other kind. Ask yourself, if that happened your club even in a challenge game would it bother you?

Now in terms of the player you face, imagine the next level where physique actually matters in terms of explosion, power, sprint speed, holding the tackle, breaking the tackle. We will be even more humiliated than last year which is saying something.  On top of that the lack of basic skills and effort killed us (and yes, it is effort, putting in a proper tackle and concentration and team work are all effort as much as laps of the Curragh). I won't name names, but several shook with men open 15 yards away under limited pressure when they had to try and manage a short kick pass you'd hammer a 10 year old for. All well and good trying to kick it OTB but these dogs have no tricks, indeed you could see one player's leg trembling as he lined up one pass that was nearly intercepted. I'm being nice not naming him, but how he makes his club team if that's the skill set?

As I said before not based on one game, rather a campaign against crap teams (where we deserve to be) with a chance to prove we aren't a laughing stock after last year. Well lads you are a laughing stock (the panel) and it is YOUR choice to do something about it as women who conceived at the Kerry game have now given birth and our lot are still as bad in the same areas. We overly talk of all the effort and hours and hardship (Clare do it too). Well you've a chance to be good athletes, which requires improvement, and if you aren't into that the clubs could do with their levy back! I'm not suggesting All Irelands, I'm saying if you don't use the resources clubs lump out to improve as individuals and a county team, it's a waste of money on egos.

That may sound regressive, and maybe it is, but my opinion is if you can't excel at a Division Three level (we were lucky to get up against pub teams), why treat and pay for them at a Division One level. Imagine what Clare footballers would do with our expenditure, with half the population and an All Ireland hurling team. What would be their returns and would they ask questions.

Summer awaits, other counties would have been far more harsh in analysis in recent years where we picked on the manager (correctly), but we've done that and now it's not always the manager's problem so show us a pair gents because after all the excuses we are running out. Might get hammered for this but time these lads step up. Also time Cian O'Neill's reputation (I'm sure he was great in the backroom but is now a manager) is no longer taken as given as we witness it. What he does is not holy, when others are the devil for the same sins. This is a county with massive potential, and while we can talk all we want about doing nothing in the past, I'd rather do something in the future. Therefore time to stop dicking about and time to stop making excuses. You live by the standards you set yourself and it's time we started setting some proper ones which this team have failed to match given all they've been given (don't start the do-it-for-nothing, most county footballers do well out of it, especially in counties like ours, be it degrees or employment etc)!

If not, and if that effort continues, I hope they let us know so we can save many an afternoon. Please don't take this as a hyperbolic reaction to a game, rather than three years of failure. As for this game, just another chip on a broken shoulder. We've so much going for us and are a joke to the rest of the country, trust me. And our reaction is to show even less effort and pride. Either this group see this as a challenge or they're as weak as their football has been which is bloody woeful right now.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:12 pm

I wouldn't put it as emotively Tommy but I generally agree that there is a mental/attitude element to the way we tackle as well as problems with some players' defensive skills. The longer the game went on, the sloppier we got.
Back to top Go down
Pin High
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:17 pm

Defence is by no means the only problem but let's start there. To defend you need guys who can defend and love doing it and have been developed with that skill set in mind.  Hyland, Conway, Houlihan, Lyons, Byrne all want to go forward with the ball because that's what they are more naturally inclined to do. None would feature in a Division 1 team (Hyland best by far) others wouldn't be in most division 2 sides. The guys that might look good on the ball are not the ones who are likely to do the 'grunt' work to win it. There is a view that to have success you need to get the spine of the team sorted. So someone provide me with players for the following positions in Kildare who could operate at the highest level. Keeper, FB, CB, Midfield, CF, FF. (Exclude players who are constantly injured and anyone with less than 2 years experience). Now we know the current level we're at. Just about division 2 - just. We are still building for the future
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:18 pm

Maybe, just see this league campaign as a continuation of half-arsery in terms of attitude. For instance, Dublin don't let down guard and thus never lose and always destroy weaker teams. Two divisions lower we should be doing the same and today with that lead early, against (it's true despite all I said) an inferior team, we should have utterly destroyed them. Instead not only are we lazy and a mess, we lose. Unacceptable (not in terms of one game) but in terms of last summer and this league, scraping past counties that would bend over for our players, back room, facilities and resources. Thus it's time these lads get a grip. Harsh truth, they cannot win a Division Three trophy... they are in football terms, what Kildare hurling is to hurling! Now their choice with all the endless investment from clubs is to be better or not, as this is going nowhere with large investment and not being better! With a better management team and a year of off-season finance they are bad as they were so look at it this way, what's the return on the investment?

Last edited by TommyKeegan on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:20 pm

Pin High wrote:
Defence is by no means the only problem but let's start there. To defend you need guys who can defend and love doing it and have been developed with that skill set in mind.  Hyland, Conway, Houlihan, Lyons, Byrne all want to go forward with the ball because that's what they are more naturally inclined to do. None would feature in a Division 1 team (Hyland best by far) others wouldn't be in most division 2 sides. The guys that might look good on the ball are not the ones who are likely to do the 'grunt' work to win it. There is a view that to have success you need to get the spine of the team sorted. So someone provide me with players for the following positions in Kildare who could operate at the highest level. Keeper, FB, CB, Midfield, CF, FF. (Exclude players who are constantly injured and anyone with less than 2 years experience). Now we know the current level we're at. Just about division 2 - just. We are still building for the future
To a point agreed, but if you asked that question in 2008, and look at those who did it under McGeeney, clear proper coaching makes huge difference.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:20 pm

reichenhall wrote:
jim wrote:
I know I'm going to get absolutely hammered for this but I'm going to throw it out there anyways. How was David Hyland captain today?????  He fcuked off to the states when the ship was sinking after the Dublin game last year. Give 2 fingers to his team mates and now he's leading us out in a national final. I'm all for clean slates but some stanes take longer to shift.....

jayses lads i've never seen the glass so empty on this forum before....didn't see the game today so i can't really comment....but Jim...it seems like a knee jerk post really...?
Hyland didn't fcuk off to the states as you said, or give any amount of fingers to anyone.....and leave a sinking ship....

he took a student visa like thousands of others....new manager came in and started with a clean slate....
if you have an issue with that you are probably one of the many i've met over the years who actually think that the GAA own the players.... Sad

Correct he is entitled to do whatever he wants and I certainly  don't think the GAA owns the players but I certainly have an issue with a guy that swore blind to the manager and captain that he wasn't going to the states, he said he applied for a J 1 but wasn't going anyway while have his tickets booked for the Monday after the Dublin game. To me thats 2 fingers to your team mates.

Just on the point you make about the GAA owning players would you say it was acceptable for lets say Neil Flynn to have gone on the beer Friday night?after all he's entitled to do what he wants the GAA don't own him....

Btw I think David Hyland is a fine young player and played reasonably well yesterday my issue is the fact he was captain and what do the other players think.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:44 pm

I won't be too hard on Cian it will take time but you would likevto see a small bit of improvement from last year and I haven't seen it even before yesterday. We may just be patient i suppose
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:03 pm

I'm not an apologist for any manager but let's look at what Cian O'Neill took over - a Division 3 team. And we're still technically and performance-wise a Division 3 team. And with that come all the weaknesses outlined above. But we're a slightly better team than we were a year ago. The fact that we're not a largely better team may well come down to the fact that our players are not good enough to be a lot better or are not yet good enough - I'm hoping the latter. It will take O'Neill a year or two or three to build a solid Division 2 team - if there's the makings of a Division 2 team in there.
On the matter of his track record in serious competition - Played eight; won six; lost two. And - despite what some posters say - the common thread in the losses is that we had one player sent off in one lost match and were defeated by a point and had two players sent off in the second and were defeated by a point. The other common thread in those matches was the buffoonery of Mooney, an histrionic referee who issued almost a dozen yellow; three red and one black card in a game that was virtually without incident yesterday. That is a reflection on the ref, not the players.
I, for one, didn't expect a miracle and don't expect a miracle from Cian O'Neill.
And none of this is in any way a defence of the mistakes of yesterday but it is a recognition that we may just not be as good as we hoped we'd be.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:06 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
For the record OTB, I didn't post in first half of thread, just was shocked at how awful we are and that's not based on one game, but the lack of improvement from being the most humiliated team in All Ireland history last year.

My problem in defence is actually bigger than when we give away the frees by crap tackling as awful as that is, it's when lads can't even put a body on the line to do that - for me that's the beginning of how to be a defender followed by class 102 of not to foul. If I was a player from a top county I'd be urinating laughing at our lads. Honestly. It's that bad. Our defence is Kildangan beside Sarsfields/Moorefield/Athy/Celbridge...

When top teams play, even Division One football this year beyond Down thus extending to mid-tier teams, the tackle is rarely broken. Thus goal chances come from football brains. Now not only do we not have those football brains, the amount of times the tackle is broken every minute we don't have the ball is terrifying. Half the time there's no man in the vicinity, half the time there's one man with no back up and should he fail as he tackles like a lad that has never been coached, you can imagine Bernard Brogan getting five or six (seriously, we'll ship 10 goals against them this year if not put out of our misery first). Clare's goal before half-time perfectly illustrates that. No tackles, no tracking, no cohesion, no support and literally no ability to read the most basic move a club player would get hounded at in training for if he didn't see coming. "Watch, watch, watch, oh shit, he planned to score."

And honestly, this is a Clare team who will go back down to Division Three having been murdered in Munster and, I am not kidding, are seriously overweight (I won't name players as amateur game but not difficult to see). That's the level we are at, beaten by teams with guts, and I mean spirit and the other kind. Ask yourself, if that happened your club even in a challenge game would it bother you?

Now in terms of the player you face, imagine the next level where physique actually matters in terms of explosion, power, sprint speed, holding the tackle, breaking the tackle. We will be even more humiliated than last year which is saying something.  On top of that the lack of basic skills and effort killed us (and yes, it is effort, putting in a proper tackle and concentration and team work are all effort as much as laps of the Curragh). I won't name names, but several shook with men open 15 yards away under limited pressure when they had to try and manage a short kick pass you'd hammer a 10 year old for. All well and good trying to kick it OTB but these dogs have no tricks, indeed you could see one player's leg trembling as he lined up one pass that was nearly intercepted. I'm being nice not naming him, but how he makes his club team if that's the skill set?

As I said before not based on one game, rather a campaign against crap teams (where we deserve to be) with a chance to prove we aren't a laughing stock after last year. Well lads you are a laughing stock (the panel) and it is YOUR choice to do something about it as women who conceived at the Kerry game have now given birth and our lot are still as bad in the same areas. We overly talk of all the effort and hours and hardship (Clare do it too). Well you've a chance to be good athletes, which requires improvement, and if you aren't into that the clubs could do with their levy back! I'm not suggesting All Irelands, I'm saying if you don't use the resources clubs lump out to improve as individuals and a county team, it's a waste of money on egos.

That may sound regressive, and maybe it is, but my opinion is if you can't excel at a Division Three level (we were lucky to get up against pub teams), why treat and pay for them at a Division One level. Imagine what Clare footballers would do with our expenditure, with half the population and an All Ireland hurling team. What would be their returns and would they ask questions.

Summer awaits, other counties would have been far more harsh in analysis in recent years where we picked on the manager (correctly), but we've done that and now it's not always the manager's problem so show us a pair gents because after all the excuses we are running out. Might get hammered for this but time these lads step up. Also time Cian O'Neill's reputation (I'm sure he was great in the backroom but is now a manager) is no longer taken as given as we witness it. What he does is not holy, when others are the devil for the same sins. This is a county with massive potential, and while we can talk all we want about doing nothing in the past, I'd rather do something in the future. Therefore time to stop dicking about and time to stop making excuses. You live by the standards you set yourself and it's time we started setting some proper ones which this team have failed to match given all they've been given (don't start the do-it-for-nothing, most county footballers do well out of it, especially in counties like ours, be it degrees or employment etc)!

If not, and if that effort continues, I hope they let us know so we can save many an afternoon. Please don't take this as a hyperbolic reaction to a game, rather than three years of failure. As for this game, just another chip on a broken shoulder. We've so much going for us and are a joke to the rest of the country, trust me. And our reaction is to show even less effort and pride. Either this group see this as a challenge or they're as weak as their football has been which is bloody woeful right now.

+1
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:08 pm

jim wrote:
I know I'm going to get absolutely hammered for this but I'm going to throw it out there anyways. How was David Hyland captain today?????  He fcuked off to the states when the ship was sinking after the Dublin game last year. Give 2 fingers to his team mates and now he's leading us out in a national final. I'm all for clean slates but some stanes take longer to shift.....

I thought hylo gave his all, although I'm not sure about him at FB.
The manager named our two most injury prone player's as captain and vice captain. . Will eoin doyle play at all this year ?.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:16 pm

Positives:

- Niall Kelly, Peter Kelly, Eoin Doyle and Dan Flynn did not feature so it was by no means our strongest team.
- Neil Flynn has the ability to make it.
- There are still 4 weeks until the Wexford match to put things right.

Negatives:

- There are only 4 weeks until the Wexford match to put things right.
- Eoin Doyle and Dan Flynn are very unlikely to be back for then.
- We're still hopelessly brittle and fragile as a team in tight games.
- We never perform in Croke Park anymore.
- We leak scores by the bucket load when a team gets a run on us.
- We lack that bit of cuteness in our play: defenders not adapting to a fussy referee who they should have been familiar with, forwards seemingly incapable of drawing 'soft' frees for simple scores.
- We can't handle teams who run directly at us with pace.

A lot of these problems are nothing new. They might have been weaknesses in latter years under McGeeney and then they became glaring issues in the last two years under Ryan. O'Neill has his work cut out to stop the rot. On the evidence of yesterday (and a lot of the other games this spring against Div 3 teams) we seem to have stood still rather than improved or disimproved. We should have enough to get to a Leinster Final with only Div 4 and Div 3 teams standing in our way but it is a sorry state of affairs when an early defeat almost seems like a better option than the prospect of facing Dublin in early July.
Back to top Go down
Ois
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:56 pm

Lads, looking forward, will the panel be cut this week?  The go to players from the Mcgeeney era look like they have become pperipheral, some started but got taken off, some came on very late and some never featured at al,
As regards the current crop, Feeley has underwhelmed for me.
Finally the defence, If they're interested I'd call up Paul Mescal, Darren Maguire,  Shea Ryan and Luke Flynn from the u-21s straight into that defence. At least they wouldn't be caught for pace - we need pacier defenders.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:24 pm

Pin high - i dont get this idea that all the defenders want to just go forward and not defend.

On David hyland being the only defender to make a division 1 team and the our best defender that's just brain dead stuff. Peter Kelly an all star, Fitzpatrick has had two very solid years and lyons who is our best defender and has probably conceded less scores in championship than any defender in the country over the last three years are three better defenders.

I just don't understand the logic of some of these posts, saying some lads are brilliant and they've hardly even played championship!!! Do people forget about the players who have proved themselves in division 1 and against top players, imo the only ones who've done that are Bolton, lyons, Kelly, Doyle (he hasn't played many games though), Callaghan, Niall Kelly, Cribbin.

Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:40 pm

It was telling that no defenders were brought in from the 21's while forwards were. You say they wouldn't be caught for pace so I presume you didn't see the Leinster final where for all the positives we still lost for many of the same reasons as the seniors do - inability to deal with players running at us.
I would have brought Luke Flynn into the senior set up, not so sure about the others just yet.

The only argument I can see for bringing in more of them is that the confidence of the current crop is shot and we may as well give up on this year. An argument that has it's merits to be fair.

Morgan is the player who can have the biggest influence on that defence in my view outside of Eoin Doyle. Those who think P Kelly will solve it haven't been watching these last 4 years. Doyle at least was warming up yesterday but I doubt he'll be ready to start v Wexford and if he does it's unfair to expect him to solve the issues.

If I were O'Neill I'd be going all out defence to try to grind out wins against Wexford and our semi final opponents giving ourselves something to build on. Marrying that with attacking prowess can come next year. Without the defence being fixed we are toast.

I would play 8 defenders and 3 midfielders. I'd tell the FB and CB that charging forward to drive the team on is all well and good but you're there first and foremost to hold your position. I'd have Morgan and maybe Bolton as free defenders in my eight, both sitting in front of the FB line with everyone else man for man. The two midfielders supplement the HB line when we don't have the ball.

Then I'd find some recent Dublin coaches or ex defenders to come in and coach the lot of then how to tackle as clearly the backroom team Cian has around him are not able to do that.

The job I wouldn't want is psychologist to this team.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:32 pm

On the under 21s O'Neill said others were asked but couldn't commit. I'd say a few have trips to America planned.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:35 pm

Westside wrote:

I just don't understand the logic of some of these posts, saying some lads are brilliant and they've hardly even played championship!!! Do people forget about the players who have proved themselves in division 1 and against top players, imo the only ones who've done that are Bolton, lyons, Kelly, Doyle (he hasn't played many games though), Callaghan, Niall Kelly, Cribbin.

I agree with you and I'd add Flats to the list.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:36 pm

Morgan would be straight in for Wexford if it was my decision. I wouldn't care how fit he was, I would have him sat between the half and full back line. Added to him as Crofter said Bolton would be beside him . Tell them not to move forward and stay behind but either side of the centre back.

I would also have a free man Sat in the large D. Told not to move either.

That leaves a three for midfield and three forwards to hit if we turn it over. I don't care how it looks, unless that defence is plugged once and for all we are going nowhere fast.
I thought O'Neills first order would be to solve the soft center, it seems I was wrong. I have belief he will improve us, but his claims we will be competitive is looking light weight. Any top six or eight team would have put up a cricket score last night. If Clare can score 2-17 God forbid what Dublin would do.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:38 pm

I would agree with a lot of that crofter but I don't know if the manager will go defensive as he likes to play expansive football. Without a solid defensive set up we're at nothing.

One thing I wouldn't agree with is that the confidence is shot, there is still a Leinster final spot up for grabs, get over Wexford and confidence will be back.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:26 am

Westside wrote:
I would agree with a lot of that crofter but I don't know if the manager will go defensive as he likes to play expansive football. Without a solid defensive set up we're at nothing.

One thing I wouldn't agree with is that the confidence is shot, there is still a Leinster final spot up for grabs, get over Wexford and confidence will be back.

Well if he's that rigid / stubborn he is not cut out for high-level management. I like Cian and I like my Kildare teams to play "expansive football" but right now we are a laughing stock nationally over our piss-poor defending. You have to cut your cloth and any sane manager would see that he has a priority problem to fix first. No manager wants to see his team embarrassed on the national or Leinster Final stage but right now we are sleepwalking into being "shocked" before we ever get to the Leinster Final. He has one job to do for the next 4 weeks. He needs to get one or two of Tom Cross's coaches and park the feckin things on the Croke Park pitch -- Laochra or no Laochra !
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:48 am

[quote="Rex"]Morgan would be straight in for Wexford if it was my decision. I wouldn't care how fit he was, I would have him sat between the half and full back line. Added to him as Crofter said Bolton would be beside him . Tell them not to move forward and stay behind but either side of the centre back.

I would also have a free man Sat in the large D. Told not to move either.

Good luck with him not moving forward, its all he wants to do. And as for defending he has always been one of the worst tacklers we have. Definitely agree with Morgan coming and a fit Doyle will also help but its disappointing that none of the U 21s are able to move up. Wouldn't give up on Houlihan just yet as he will have learned a lot from yesterday.
Back to top Go down
allwaysontheditch
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:25 am

Obviously the big clubs can't provide the defence needed. What about the smaller clubs who don't seem to have got a look in! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:32 am

allwaysontheditch wrote:
Obviously the big clubs can't provide the defence needed. What about the smaller clubs who don't seem to have got a look in! Evil or Very Mad

Define "smaller club ", and suggest what player's from what clubs should be brought in ?.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:14 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
allwaysontheditch wrote:

Define "smaller club ", and suggest what player's from what clubs should be brought in  ?.

That's the end of that conversation....
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:22 am

Don't know why I bother jim. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 final   

Back to top Go down

Division 3 final