Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Referee Watch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Sun May 01, 2016 12:33 am

topcat wrote:
The ref pass has been around for maybe 15 years, it may have been discontinued during that period but it was first brought in around 2000. It used to cover any game played within county Kildare.

Spot on tc. It's still around.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Sun May 01, 2016 8:45 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
topcat wrote:
The ref pass has been around for maybe 15 years, it may have been discontinued during that period but it was first brought in around 2000. It used to cover any game played within county Kildare.

Spot on tc. It's still around.

Never heard of it and I've done the gate for years. The way the new regime run things there's nothing being given out for free now. They did away with the OAP season ticket.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Sun May 01, 2016 8:48 pm

Ask a referee.
Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Sun May 01, 2016 9:09 pm

Iv asked sm, what I was told is the county board want refs to bring the umpires, so if they give up their day to go umpire in new bridge say at 2pm and want to stay for next games they pay, refs not happy with that cos they know lads on gates and carpark are being paid for their day, that's what a senior ref told me
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Sun May 01, 2016 11:54 pm

If a ref & umpires are let in free to do a game, in Newbridge or Hawkfield they are in the grounds so it seems impossible to change them at the gate for later games,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Looks like an excuse for whatever some are really pushing for..............
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Mon May 02, 2016 2:50 am

Heard of a similar issue before where for a SFC match a ref brought four umpires with him, all in the one car. When he went to drive in the lads on the gate insisted all four umpires pay in (think it was €8 each). They refused and the guys still wouldn't let them in. If I remember correctly the ref rang someone on the county board and after a while the lads had to let them in for free. It wasn't in Newbridge or Hawkfield and was only the one match so would seem unfair to charge them in when they were giving up their time to do umpire at the game.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Mon May 02, 2016 4:30 am

Ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Mon May 02, 2016 5:32 am

the young lad wrote:
Iv asked sm, what I was told is the county board want refs to bring the umpires, so if they give up their day to go umpire in new bridge say at 2pm and want to stay for next games they pay, refs not happy with that cos they know lads on gates and carpark are being paid for their day, that's what a senior ref told me

that is some farce young lad
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Mon May 02, 2016 7:59 am

Next they'll be looking for the players to pay in. Shocked
Back to top Go down
bk 1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Mon May 02, 2016 10:43 pm

I umpired in newbridge last year, after the game I went outside for a sambo and when I came back to the gate I was told I had to for the next game, I rang the ref and he came to the gate and had words with them, they said they only doing what they told from upstairs, anyway I got back in
Back to top Go down
bk 1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Mon May 02, 2016 10:44 pm

I umpired in newbridge last year, after the game I went outside for a sambo and when I came back to the gate I was told I had to pay for the next game, I rang the ref and he came to the gate and had words with them, they said they only doing what they told from upstairs, anyway I got back in
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Wed May 04, 2016 6:57 am

In Newbridge if leaving for a sambo get a pass at the Gate on the way out & no prob getting back in..........

Why do lads make things difficult for themselves !!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Wed May 04, 2016 8:42 am

But then they'd have nothing to whinge about.

To be honest, if you weren't umpiring the second game, I don't see why you should be allowed in for free.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Wed May 04, 2016 10:59 am

You're a harsh man Taibi Surprised
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Wed May 04, 2016 9:46 pm

who gets paid on match day in HQ? gate people, referee, does the people in the hi vis coats hanging around the pitch get money also
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Wed May 04, 2016 10:20 pm

Xavi wrote:
who gets paid on match day in HQ? gate people, referee,  does the people in the hi vis coats hanging around the pitch get money also
NO, they dont get paid.
Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:43 am

Funny choice of ref for intermediate final, colgan his wife is towers and her son is on the line with Glenn, and barry has the senior
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:47 am

Well if Barry has the senior we all know what to expect.
Drippings of gel coming from him all day.
Any any chance to make himself centre of attention will be taken.
Absolute full of it.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:47 am

There will be some array of cards that day for sure.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:20 am

I know this might sound funny and I have had numberous words with referees over the years, including Mr Barry, but at least with him you know what you get, he is consistent ( good or bad ) and I really believe he is the best referee in the county and I have been 'on the sidelines' for the last 10 years.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:26 am

Very funny, he is consistent agree, but for me lacks a bit of common sense. . But then again were told common sense is a bad thing when refs are being assessed.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:58 pm

I don't get this 'common sense' thing. That's interpretation and people complain about referees having different interpretations and players not knowing what's what. If the rules are applied to the letter, there is no doubt.

But like the nymphomaniac, we want it every way. Let the game flow, punish the fouling, too early for a red, if you give that there'll be a 100 fouls in the game, can't give that when there's so much riding on it though it was okay to give it in the first half, the game is gone cynical, refs show no common sense. It's not only the refs that are inconsistent.

We all hate fussiness but not knowing what's going to happen when a certain act occurs is much worse in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:49 pm

Ogie wrote:
I don't get this 'common sense' thing. That's interpretation and people complain about referees having different interpretations and players not knowing what's what. If the rules are applied to the letter, there is no doubt.

But like the nymphomaniac, we want it every way. Let the game flow, punish the fouling, too early for a red, if you give that there'll be a 100 fouls in the game, can't give that when there's so much riding on it though it was okay to give it in the first half, the game is gone cynical, refs show no common sense. It's not only the refs that are inconsistent.

We all hate fussiness but not knowing what's going to happen when a certain act occurs is much worse in my opinion.

I think we all know the real frustration that players/managers have with a certain type of referee (I won't mention any names), is the their egotistical mannerisms when officiating. A player can't so much as ask what a certain infringement is for, and it's seen as dissent.

I have to admit that I do favour the 'common sense' approach to refereeing and I think that most players/spectators do too, but the 'by the book' style is certainly not the most irritating aspect of this referee's character.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:22 pm

Ref changed in the Inter final thankfully, the county board gave the original ref the ok but I think he may have stood down voluntarily.
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:26 pm

Caprea wrote:
Ref changed in the Inter final thankfully, the county board gave the original ref the ok but I think he may have stood down voluntarily.

Rediculous when you think he reffed Towers in the championship the year they got relegated. Fair play for stepping down though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   

Back to top Go down

Referee Watch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next