Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Referee Watch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:37 pm

lily4fr wrote:
Caprea wrote:
Ref changed in the Inter final thankfully, the county board gave the original ref the ok but I think he may have stood down voluntarily.

Rediculous when you think he reffed Towers in the championship the year they got relegated. Fair play for stepping down though

He may have been completely fair but strong family connections to one team cross a line for a final. There's a bit more around the story as well that I'm not going to get into here.

Fair play to the ref for the standing down if that's what happened, that's an assumption given the CB gave the ok.
Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:38 pm

Tmh objected to the ref on the grounds he had family on the line with towers, cb then removed him and replaced him with billy o connell
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:44 pm

the young lad wrote:
Tmh objected to the ref on the grounds he had family on the line with towers, cb then removed him and replaced him with billy o connell

CB must have had a change of heart because that wasn't their first answer when TMH objected
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:24 am

the young lad wrote:

Surely ger Donnelly would have been aware of any connections ?.
Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:32 am

Caprea, That's how it happened, and that has come form a good friend of the ref who spoke to him today
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:38 am

Who appoints referees for theses matches
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:48 am

the young lad wrote:
Caprea, That's how it happened, and that has come form a good friend of the ref who spoke to him today

ok i saw a letter from kildare CCC saying there would be no change to the ref, that was that, then word came through today that he was going to be changed.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:00 am

Very hard on the referee himself.. having been appointed to ref a county final,  and then have it taken away.. a mess.

Where's the replacement from ?.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:36 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Very hard on the referee himself.. having been appointed to ref a county final,  and then have it taken away.. a mess.

Where's the replacement from  ?.

It depends really. His wife is from Kildare town, i would like to know if she is a member of round towers or how close her ties to the club is. In my mind if she is a member or past member of the club in the last 10 years he shouldn't be reffing.

Equally his son in law who is some sort of backroom member of Glenn ryan's coaching team. This is again too close for comfort if you are from TMH.

Presuming they have a close family, its two people around his christmas dinner table that want Round towers to win. One his own wife. It seems a clear-cut conflict of interest and I don't think he should be near a final that RT are playing in if my understanding is correct.

Unfortunately there is a little more to it as well relating to previous with a member of the TMH coaching staff that I won't be going into the rights and wrongs of.

Its a bad situation and it really should never have come up. There are too many red flags there for TMH to have any comfort or confidence in the appointment and frankly it has been a source of distraction for players.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:21 am

Taking all that into account Caprea, and if you're comments are correct, then why was the said referee appointed in the first place? .. and if TMH are within their rights to object, then it surely leaves any future appointment of the said referee for towers matches open to objection ??.
I do agree it's a mess, and distracts from the final itself.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:01 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Taking all that into account Caprea, and if you're comments are correct, then why was the said referee appointed in the first place? .. and if TMH are within their rights to object, then it surely leaves any future appointment of the said referee for towers matches open to objection  ??.
I do agree it's a mess, and distracts from the final itself.

I don't know...my takeaway would be to have less faith in those in power in Kildare GAA.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:42 am

Colgan should never have been in the frame for the intermediate final because he should be reffing the senior final, he's by far the best referee in the county.

Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:36 am

I wouldn't argue with that Taibi.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:03 am

I think the best ref in the county is now reffing the intermediate final, have been very impressed with Billy O Connell in any game he has reffed over the last couple of years.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:59 am

Not sure anyone from TMH club would agree with you topcat after today's performance in the intermediate final
Back to top Go down
intheback
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:45 am

Thought he did a good job today and added on the correct amount of time. If lads are going down in injury time then it's correct to add that time on further.

Also if a team can't hold onto 2 point lead deep into injury time then I wouldn't be blaming the ref.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:53 am

Billy o connell and brendan cawley are the best refs in the county by some way.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:39 am

sarsno1 wrote:
Billy o connell and brendan cawley are the best refs in the county by some way.

Oops.... you might get a few replies to that statement Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:47 am

As a neutral, playing 12 minutes of injury time seemed very unfair on TMH. Yes there was a bit of stoppage in the injury time but definitely not that much. Couldn't help but think he played for a draw.

Any word on the injured TMH player? Looked to be in a very bad way coming off.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:07 pm

BFB. Obnouchous... I'll leave out the rest .
Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:41 pm

Topcat, what's your call now on the ref sence your club lost to moorefeild Saturday and players and management attected him,, he also did intermediate today and was a joke,
Back to top Go down
pkmie
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:42 pm

If TMH had of kept there mouths shut regarding the original referee they would probably have won. Colgan is a Monestrevin man to the core and to be fair to him he is certainly one of the best in the county.
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:01 pm

intheback wrote:
Thought he did a good job today and added on the correct amount of time. If lads are going down in injury time then it's correct to add that time on further.

Also if a team can't hold onto  2 point lead deep into injury time then I wouldn't be blaming the ref.

+1

Think the referee can only be commended. TMH did everything to run out the clock. 2 players down receiving treatment and a schmooze. The frees towers got were in no way soft.

Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:47 pm

I wasn't at Sen B final on Saturday so can't comment on his performance but from speaking to a few people not one blamed the referee for the defeat.

On yesterday's game, he missed a blatant black card for the Towers goalkeeper and possibly played a bit too much injury time in the second half.

As I said earlier I think he is one of the best refs in the county and that hasn't changed after yesterday.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:10 pm

Whatever about the refs ability, he is certainly a popular man with the CB and dunney after the draw yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Referee Watch   Today at 2:08 pm

Back to top Go down

Referee Watch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next