Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

kildare v Wexford

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Crofter
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Fri May 20, 2016 11:12 pm

"When the 04/05 under 21s came towards the end of their senior careers, McGeeney skipped a generation and brought in a lot of under 21s, in some cases before they were ready, because I'd say he knew what else was there. We're going to be playing lads who 3-4 years ago he didn't think were good enough because there is little alternative."

I'm grappling with this one Shergar. The back 7 all played under Geezer. In midfield Moolick did also and Feely would have done no doubt if he was available. In the forwards all of them except
N Flynn and Tyrell are the only two who didn't play for Geezer and Flynn was only a baby. Are you basing this whole point on Tyrell??

Interesting comments in general. I find the tone dangerously condescending towards Wexford - are they really any worse than Clare or the other teams we struggled against in Div 3 - Sligo, Limerick, Offaly, Westmeath?? Not sure they are and that puts them pretty close to our level on all known form this year.

Kildare have a habit of coming into the championship cold, only building up some steam after getting dumped from Leinster. They need to change that pattern.

Hope they do.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Fri May 20, 2016 11:22 pm

Interesting read shergar... for all the promise shown from this year's u21 team, we have one starter and one sub.. I'm not so sure our panel is that strong, and if we're relying on paudie and daryl to add that bit extra in the last 20 minutes, as you suggest, that isn't filling me with confidence.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sat May 21, 2016 12:21 am

Smith might not start
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sat May 21, 2016 12:51 am

Our half back line worries me, one player returning from a serious injury, another who doesn't like players running at him and one who cant tackle or defend and just wants to go forward. Most of our problems come from players running at us and our inability to track runners in support. Look at the winning Clare goal in the final, for all the brilliance of Brennan's catch and offload if Murnaghan had not been ball watching he could have blocked the run from the goalscorer. If it needed a balck card to do it so be it. Certain that Tyrone would not have conceded that goal.
We are far to nice for our own good and championship football is no place for teams like that. By all means have proper structures for defending but letting the opposition know they risk getting injured running at you discourages a lot of the less committed ones!
However apart from Ryan and Dalton in the late 90's we never really played like that.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sat May 21, 2016 5:57 am

I'm hearing that doyle, tyrell won't start and n flynn is a concern.. I'd of had healy in the 24.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sat May 21, 2016 7:39 am

Alan smith has to have a big game for us tomorrow if we are to win we need him to hit the ground running He has they ability to put scores on the board and stop this messing around for 20 minutes before he starts to play . Hope he up for it for this from the word go .
Back to top Go down
Crofter
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sat May 21, 2016 8:03 am

Jesus Seamus are you trying to freak me out altogether? Frees will be a big problem if both Flynn and Tyrell out.. As for Doyle I didn't really expect him to play but seeing him in the line up was a lift.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sat May 21, 2016 9:41 am

Best of luck to the lads tomorrow - looking forward to it (I think).
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sat May 21, 2016 10:30 am

Enjoyed your post Shergar you know your stuff
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sat May 21, 2016 1:25 pm

Crofter wrote:
Jesus Seamus are you trying to freak me out altogether?  Frees will be a big problem if both Flynn and Tyrell out.. As for Doyle I didn't really expect him to play but seeing him in the line up was a lift.

Like you, I'm hoping it's hearsay.

Question, from the team that got anihalated v kerry last year, is there much of a change ?.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sat May 21, 2016 2:46 pm

Sorry, late night here, but looking back at games and many things stand out. However the pride I feel at 2:08 for about three seconds looking at the Hill. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YjhL9qFk08 …

Wow. And it's something people next door to us (ahem) never mind anywhere else will ever understand. Sadly these days it's "Enfin je me rappelai le pis-aller d’une grande princesse à qui l’on disait que les paysans n’avaient pas de pain, et qui répondit : Qu’ils mangent de la brioche."

Anyway, that can never taint the past. Best of luck today, think we'll either lose a close one or blow them apart. Shall be tuned in throughout and given attention this thread will get versus elsewhere, hope those back home go support the hurlers, unreal strides year after year and a win Sunday and back in Croker. Arguably did more than the footballers in terms of a decade of progress so go give them home advantage if you can!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sat May 21, 2016 3:11 pm

Retro night here, maybe someone posted them before but great to get the original Sunday Game on it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrErml9YHGg
Back to top Go down
Crofter
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sat May 21, 2016 5:08 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Crofter wrote:
Jesus Seamus are you trying to freak me out altogether?  Frees will be a big problem if both Flynn and Tyrell out.. As for Doyle I didn't really expect him to play but seeing him in the line up was a lift.

Like you,  I'm hoping it's hearsay.

Question,  from the team that got anihalated v kerry last year,  is there much of a change  ?.

Good question. Team that lined up v Kerry below. 6 changes. P Kelly, Hylo, Conway into the backs, Feely at MF, Tyrell and Flynn up front. Two of those enforced you might say (N Kelly and Fitz injured)

Kildare: M Donnellan; O Lyons (0-01), C Fitzpatrick, M O'Grady; K Murnaghan, E Doyle (0-01), E Bolton; T Moolick, P Cribbin; E O'Flaherty (0-01, 0-01f), N Kelly (0-02), P O'Neill (0-02); E Callaghan, A Smith (0-2), C McNally.
Back to top Go down
Crofter
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sat May 21, 2016 5:12 pm

"Enfin je me rappelai le pis-aller d’une grande princesse à qui l’on disait que les paysans n’avaient pas de pain, et qui répondit : Qu’ils mangent de la brioche."

Whatchoo talking about Willis ?
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sat May 21, 2016 6:03 pm

It's a very important game for Kildare. We need to win and start rebuilding our confidence. Hopefully we have a good crowd travelling up and the team puts in the performance that they're capable of.
Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sat May 21, 2016 10:27 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
Retro night here, maybe someone posted them before but great to get the original Sunday Game on it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrErml9YHGg

Good days - they'll come again. I had forgotten how fortuitous the two goals were that day. Sweet memories
Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sat May 21, 2016 10:32 pm

[quote="TommyKeegan"] "Enfin je me rappelai le pis-aller d’une grande princesse à qui l’on disait que les paysans n’avaient pas de pain, et qui répondit : Qu’ils mangent de la brioche."  

And look what happened to her head Cool
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sat May 21, 2016 11:41 pm

Crofter wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
Crofter wrote:

Like you,  I'm hoping it's hearsay.

Question,  from the team that got anihalated v kerry last year,  is there much of a change  ?.

Good question. Team that lined up v Kerry below. 6 changes. P Kelly, Hylo, Conway into the backs, Feely at MF, Tyrell and Flynn up front. Two of those enforced you might say (N Kelly and Fitz injured)

Kildare: M Donnellan; O Lyons (0-01), C Fitzpatrick, M O'Grady; K Murnaghan, E Doyle (0-01), E Bolton; T Moolick, P Cribbin; E O'Flaherty (0-01, 0-01f), N Kelly (0-02), P O'Neill (0-02); E Callaghan, A Smith (0-2), C McNally.

Thank you crofter.
I'm wondering have the croker scars healed from that disaster, and bearing in mind clare could have scored 4 or 5 goals, I'm not so sure. .. I know mine haven't.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sat May 21, 2016 11:57 pm

Best of luck to all.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sat May 21, 2016 11:58 pm

Great win for the minors, hopefully the start to a great day.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sun May 22, 2016 5:02 am

Judging from the radio commentary, whether we go all-out attack or blanket defence, too many of our players are absolutely braindead in some of the decisions they make.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sun May 22, 2016 5:07 am

2 points in the second half...... I know a wins a win but by god that was painful.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sun May 22, 2016 6:12 am

Absolute disgrace of a performance. I'm dumbfounded by that performance.
An embarrassment and a shambles.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sun May 22, 2016 6:20 am

Trying to find the positives and it's not easy 1/ we tried different tactics 2/ Morgan was good 3/ Eoin Doyle and Peter Kelly have a game under their belt. 4/??
2nd half was as much fun as waterboarding
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Sun May 22, 2016 6:31 am

lillyboy wrote:
Trying to find the positives and it's not easy 1/ we tried different tactics 2/ Morgan was good 3/ Eoin Doyle and Peter Kelly have a game under their belt. 4/??
2nd half was as much fun as waterboarding

Waterboarding is good fun.....that wasn't fun. It was the worst I've ever seen it's just lucky Wexford were so poor. I'm slow to blame Cian O Neill.  He said when he came into job he didn't want lads that wanted to play for kildare but wanted to win for Kildare. Well I didn't see any today. I know i shouldn't say it and i won't name names but we have 3 or 4 lads that are cowardly. It was embarrassing to see lads pulling out of ball. I worry going forward.....

Last edited by jim on Sun May 22, 2016 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Today at 2:07 pm

Back to top Go down

kildare v Wexford
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next