Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

kildare v Wexford

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Mon May 09, 2016 6:55 am

Full panel

Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Mon May 09, 2016 8:34 am

Really disappointed at McCormack going, probably a year to early for Kavanagh and cant really have any complaints about the others. Surprised that McGrillen, Dowling and Darly Flynn survived, all looked way of the pace in the league and at their age are not likely to get much better for the summer.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Mon May 09, 2016 10:55 am

Dowling is only a chap.

I'm assuming ciaran fitz and k cribben are unlikely to figure in the early stages, and that leaves 32. . We're any of that list playing for their clubs this weekend ?.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Mon May 09, 2016 8:20 pm

I'm not sure McCormack's absence is ability related
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Mon May 09, 2016 9:46 pm

All the county lads were supposed to play with there clubs at the weekend but we found out on Thursday that they were not allowed to play.
Back to top Go down
spot on
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Mon May 09, 2016 11:00 pm

ben mc cormack was flying in training,a day at the races,
Back to top Go down
spot on
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Mon May 09, 2016 11:10 pm

lets be honest moorefield celbridge sarsfield have players on panel that must have no shame or are brain washed.there well passed it.let the younger lads in.not knocking them they gave kildare football everything ,but you have 2 call time,they take away the good momeriers of them when they carry on 2 far.
Back to top Go down
Ois
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Tue May 10, 2016 8:54 am

Lads, something is not right. Heard Ben McCormack was flying in training and Con Kavanagh as well. Yet both cut from panel. Is the panel that strong??? Methinks the boys were on the beer??? I would actually have McCormack starting against Wexford.
Back to top Go down
umpireonditch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Tue May 10, 2016 9:52 am

Spot on bring your shit stirring else where
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Tue May 10, 2016 9:53 am

Supposed to be building for the future but dropping U21 players who are only in the panel a couple of weeks definitely doesn't add up. Both were great for the U21s this year, McCormack in particular. Disappointed they aren't included. Its young fresh players we need. Must be for disciplinary reasons. Doesn't make sense otherwise.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Tue May 10, 2016 10:11 am

Could simply just be off to the States for the summer or focusing on college exams over the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Tue May 10, 2016 10:26 pm

The manager is a walking cliché, at the time of his selector appointments he spoke about leaving no stone unturned in getting the best hmm, during the O'Byrne cup on tactics there are no tactics let them play football hmm, after completing the league there are still no tactics, in the latter stages of the league he spoke about transition hmm, he then picks a panel that doesn't look like a team that's in transition but he sure gets column inches..... we still in reverse gear.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Tue May 10, 2016 10:37 pm

Stonecold wrote:
The manager is a walking cliché, at the time of his selector appointments he spoke about leaving no stone unturned in getting the best hmm, during the O'Byrne cup on tactics there are no tactics let them play football hmm, after completing the league there are still no tactics, in the latter stages of the league he spoke about transition hmm, he then picks a panel that doesn't look like a team that's in transition but he sure gets column inches..... we still in reverse gear.

Honeymoon period seems to be well and truly over. I have to agree on the tactics side of things - I hope I'm wrong but we still can't tackle and still aren't set up to stop runners.
The inclusion of a 32 year old to plug gaps reeks of desperation to me.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Tue May 10, 2016 10:52 pm

Totally agree with Stonecold and flourman on this one, expected a lot more than a load of 'clichés' and would have no issue if I taught we were in transition with a system or committed / body on the line style of play but I just can't see how we are any better off coming into the Championship than this time last year .....
Also expected to see a lot more of the physicality and toughness that the manager brought elsewhere but although the players look good and fit the t-shirts well they are just not putting the bodies on the line ...
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Tue May 10, 2016 11:02 pm

if_in_doubt wrote:
Could simply just be off to the States for the summer or focusing on college exams over the next few weeks.

He'd hardly have joined the panel in the first place if that was the case.

Podge was cut from the panel initially supposedly because of an injury, . Hardly the norm if one looks at the list above !.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Tue May 10, 2016 11:25 pm

He was dropped off the panel for going on piss in punchestown and missing training.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Wed May 11, 2016 12:05 am

flourman wrote:
He was dropped off the panel for going on piss in punchestown and missing training.

I suppose rules are rules.. bit harsh, as he has been training since last September with the u21s.
Anyway I think we should leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Wed May 11, 2016 12:41 am

Stonecold wrote:
Ah SC come on, he hasn't even managed a game in the month of May and you have basically written him off. 

I have accepted that it's going to take more than six months to get us to a level needed to challenge. It will at least take this and next year because so much needs changing. The sooner people look at it as a three year project the easier it will be when this year inevitably ends in disappointment. 

At the start of the year most of us would have been delighted with promotion and a Leinster final. We achieved the first. We can't sort out the ills of the last 4 years in such a short time.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Wed May 11, 2016 1:50 am

We were close to the top in 2010-11 but our decline in the next few year coincided with the rapid change in tactics and fitness of the top teams. This has left a hug gap between us and them which none of us could have believed possible 5 years ago. Our decision to dump one manager and then appoint another unwisely means we lost a few unneccesary years.
As Rex said its a 3 year project and we have a manager who has experience of working with those top teams. It's a case of getting the best squad first and then finding a way to counter the top teams. I hope any young players dropped will come on board again soon and more of the U21 team will be available next year.
However if we perform badly against Wexford then the manager will rightly have to take a lot of criticism. Our best 2 managers both lost their first championship game and see how close they finally came in the end!
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Wed May 11, 2016 8:48 am

Funny that a kildare player was not retained for drinking during what is basically holiday season around Naas/Newbridge.

Paddy andrews is currently on his instagram from London and Barcelona living it up. Maybe he's a special case for some reason but I'd like to know if the Dublin team have been given a week off training to have some R&R ahead of the leinster championship cakewalk.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Wed May 11, 2016 9:10 am

Caprea wrote:
Funny that a kildare player was not retained for drinking during what is basically holiday season around Naas/Newbridge.

Paddy andrews is currently on his instagram from London and Barcelona living it up. Maybe he's a special case for some reason but I'd like to know if the Dublin team have been given a week off training to have some R&R ahead of the leinster championship cakewalk.

Funnily enough some of the Dubs were also enjoying themselves at Punchestown.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Wed May 11, 2016 9:17 am

If he did miss a training session because he was out on the lash then there has to be consequences. There are plenty of lads there trying hard to nail down a place and sacrificing their social lives in doing so. It's a pity because he had the potential to offer something this summer but the management probably feel like they were left with no other option.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Wed May 11, 2016 9:38 am

Lily8 wrote:
Caprea wrote:

Funnily enough some of the Dubs were also enjoying themselves at Punchestown.

We play championship football two weeks before them against a team we may or not beat. Their season also starts in August with absolutely no chance of losing a game before the All Ireland semi-final. If they're our rules and a guy breaks them, not having consequences would mean what's to stop someone else next week. Agree three-year project, but would like/expect to be in a Leinster final this year even considering that project.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Wed May 11, 2016 7:45 pm

Agree Tommy. This is a young lad and lets be honest has played 20 min good football at under21 level. He hasn't kicked a ball at senior level yet.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    Wed May 11, 2016 9:42 pm

Agree Tommy. This is a young lad and lets be honest has played 20 min good football at under21 level. He hasn't kicked a ball at senior level yet.

He scored 3-4 off Ryan Houlihan in a training game I'm told. Dropping him ain't going to help us as our full forward line is a waste ground when it comes to cutting edge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kildare v Wexford    

Back to top Go down

kildare v Wexford
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next