Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Kildare v westmeath

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Carburyhill
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:02 am

Those tactics do not suit these kildare players it's not the way kildare should play leave it to other counties who want to do it. Would a Glen Ryan management team play like that with no spirit no intensity I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:02 am

Abomination of a team, totally rubbish. Spend money on this lot, never again. Sick of them. No heart, no skill, no brains, no courage, no f*cking hope and no change.

They never had a better chance of giving something positive to the supporters and they produce that. That was their last chance in my eyes. As a group they are finished.

Don't think I've ever been more mad and sickened by a game of football. 

We'll hear all the clichés now, how disappointed they are how they will work hard, how they need to learn. It's all hollow, none of them seem to give a damn, because if they did that would not have happened. 

F*cking fuming.
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:05 am

Kildare gaa dead a long time. again another pathetic, useless, gutless excuse for a performance. Even at our lowest Kildare should always have 4 or 5 points on a team like Westmeath. I'd fuck have that panel back to their clubs for good. Wastes of space clearly haven't the bottle for it. Qualifiers going to be further embarrassment.

A team and a county with no soul or identity.

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:20 am

It's started already, J.D on Kfm saying the players are hurting more than anyone, needing to circle the waggons blah blah blah. J.D is in a position to tell it like it is. But the players are never called out on their performance. Excuses and clichés, that's all we have in this Godforsaken County.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:30 am

Think its karma for way we treated our last two managers. Only good thing is we didn't win. Absolute shite. No heart . Let the manager spoof all he likes.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:32 am

So little heart, depressing.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:39 am

Jesus lads I don't know anymore.

I thought we'd see a reaction today after Wexford but we were completely outfought when the game was there for the taking. Very disheartening.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:45 am

Manager is to blame for that defensive muck on display that they don't even execute well. Biggest fault lies with players though. They have escaped criticism for too long. There's not one proper hard bastard on the team. So many players didn't really want the ball today and actively avoided looking for it. Let's face reality too many timid cowards who don't relish a battle. One would have to conclude that they're not very intelligent either as evidenced by constant taking of a wet ball into the tackle and the persistent ridiculous fouling.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:54 am

Frankel wrote:
Manager is to blame for that defensive muck on display that they don't even execute well. Biggest fault lies with players though. They have escaped criticism for too long. There's not one proper hard bastard on the team. So many players didn't really want the ball today and actively avoided looking for it. Let's face reality too many timid cowards who don't relish a battle. One would have to conclude that they're not very intelligent either as evidenced by constant taking of a wet ball into the tackle and the persistent ridiculous fouling.

Hard to disagree with any of this but our problems are much deeper. What you say here is merely cosmetic .

I do not agree with the statement that we don't have the players too. We've enjoyed good success at underage the last number of years,far more than we had in the 90''s and early 00''s.

The attitude of what we have is disgusting and it's coming from am out of touch manager
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:12 am

and Meath man kicks Connolly on the head & no action from Rory Hickey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, G Reilly is a scummer

Mickey B then punches into the face & gets away with Yellow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Hickey chickens out a second time...................
Back to top Go down
jimmers
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:13 am

Beginning to think the emperor has no clothes.........
Back to top Go down
jimmers
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:17 am

We have played two Division 4 teams and been absolutely shocking. 2 points in the second half against Wexford. 28 minutes in the second half today without a score. We are adopting a style that is completely alien to the players and quite clearly haven't bought into. 5 weeks between the 2 games and there was no noticeable improvement.

Utterly depressing.........
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:30 am

No words for that today.

Watch the player exodus now for the US etc.

No appetite for qualifiers at all.

Embarrassed to be a Kildareman.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:31 am

kelf wrote:

and Meath man kicks Connolly on the head & no action from Rory Hickey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  G Reilly is a scummer

Mickey B then punches into the face & gets away with Yellow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Hickey chickens out a second time...................
u never see Kildare doing these things because kildare are too nice
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:37 am

Crofter wrote:
No words for that today.

Watch the player exodus now for the US etc.

No appetite for qualifiers at all.

Embarrassed to be a Kildareman.

That's what players with no bottle or backbone tend to do so if there is an exodus "good luck and fuck ya" as they say.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:38 am

It takes a lot longer than 5/6 weeks to implement a proper defensive structure, O Neill wasted the first 6 months of his reign playing man on man or all out attack football in Div 3. For him to say that he was always planning on changing the structure of the team for championship is a nonsense and the fact that people swallowed that nonsense, particularly the local press is even more laughable.

Are we going to revert to type now that the defensive system hasn't worked?
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:50 am

Pace in the middle of the pitch or lack of it is our biggest problem. Picking a system and then shoe horning in players is a recipe for trouble, set ur system to suit ur players not the other way round.
How many half backs did we have playing today 7 or 8 and only 4 forwards
I'm a long time travelling but I think I'll find something else to do next time
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:14 am

Ah we can blame systems and tactics all we want but God it was westmeath we were playing. Players like rabbits in headlights and showed no heart or bottle. Simple as.
Back to top Go down
jemser
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:25 am

Why kick the ball forward when you can make 6 or 7 side ways backwards passes.
That was an absolute shambles, disgusting. If that's the way o Neil wants to play he should be sacked, if the players went off script and served up that shit they should all be dropped. In every club in the county there are2 or 3 players with a football brain,clearly none of them are on the county panel
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:32 am

Depressing
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:35 am

I really don't know what to say....
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:56 am

Fool me once, fool me twice. That was a travesty today, O'Neill put all his eggs in one basket, a defensive system for a Leinster final. You can forgive it if you get results or even performances, the last two games are up there with Fermanagh 2008 as the worse games I have ever seen. O'Neill needs to put his hand up and start taking responsibility he's very quick to distance himself from the Dublin/Kerry games from last year, well Cian this is all on you. Your system is making good players look average and average players look shit. Fans can forgive defeats if you get performances, we're not even getting anything close to that.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:03 am

Dinny Breen wrote:
Fool me once, fool me twice. That was a travesty today, O'Neill put all his eggs in one basket, a defensive system for a Leinster final. You can forgive it if you get results or even performances, the last two games are up there with Fermanagh 2008 as the worse games I have ever seen. O'Neill needs to put his hand up and start taking responsibility he's very quick to distance himself from the Dublin/Kerry games from last year, well Cian this is all on you. Your system is making good players look average and average players look shit. Fans can forgive defeats if you get performances, we're not even getting anything close to that.
when we play open football u still lose, no Flynn. Cribben feely today that's a big lost to team like Kildare
Back to top Go down
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:13 am

To the Kildare team and management i just want to say this. You let your county down today. You are a bunch of heartless cowards.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:42 am

fone wrote:
Dinny Breen wrote:
when we play open football u still  lose,  no Flynn. Cribben  feely  today that's a big lost to team like   Kildare

I agree we need to change it, what I can't except is the crippling fear that these players are playing with. They are gripped by the fear of making a mistake, the system doesn't allow them to express themselves. Football is a squad game you rarely have all your best players available with injuries suspensions etc.. I'm not looking for wins, I want to see performance levels increase game on game, we are not seeing that. I can't think of one performance this year..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   

Back to top Go down

Kildare v westmeath
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next