Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Kildare minors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:02 am

Kick out strategy (or lack there of) is killing us
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:08 am

Yep. Getting murdered at MF.
Our forwards are doing well with what supply their getting.. o Toole having a tough day so far.. although 13s a serious talent.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:10 am

Going to need goals go have any hope. Occasion seems to have got to Robinson
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:13 am

Watching the minors here lads, is it a Kildare thing that we can't change how we play during a game or that the manager can't see what Stevie Wonder could. Getting destroyed in Midfield and the solution seems to be kick it longer.

Can't understand how a sideline can watch that and think we should definitely keep kicking it long.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:25 am

That's a complete collapse by the manager today. Unbelievable he keeps asking them to kick it long. Just terrible stuff to watch.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:28 am

Kerry boys much cuter, fitter, sharper and faster, our lads look like the haven't kicked a ball in four weeks.

Wiped out around the middle yet the keeper insists on kicking every single ball out there. Hackett's calls from the line were embarrassing.

They stuck two fingers up to their clubs and then put on that show.  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:33 am

Agree with you there Taibi. Manager very poor.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:46 am

59 minutes and the Kildare keeper is continuing to kick it long. F*cking hell what is the manager thinking. Scandalous way to feed these minors to the Lions.

Not one short kick out all day. No change of tactics, man on man all day.
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:53 am

Hard luck lads.  Tough day, and im sure nobody went out there today, management or players to end up with a result like we got.  And yes we have made mistakes but that is a serious Kerry team. Different class, and seem to back up all the hype that surrounds them.

Thanks for the games throughout the year lads!!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:03 am

A serious kerry team.. but our game plan never changed, with the exception of putting a big man to the edge of the square.
It's not a time for the knives, but why not change our midfield who were anihalated and out on their feet at an early stage.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:30 am

Said beforehand I thought midfield could be a problem and don't like being right this time. In truth Kerry were better all over the field. A class act - they just moved up a gear at start of the second half and Kildare were still in the dressing room. Heads went down, and as someone said, no one on the line had the gumption to change what wasn't working. In truth Kerry were on a different plain to us today and the senior game just further rammed home that we are in the dark ages in Kildare. Utterly depressed and that's no criticism of a minor team who I didn't really think would get to a semi final. I felt they at least "turned up" today unlike last year when they seemed stuck to the ground. This time they were just outclassed and out-thought on the sideline. Naive. Sure what's one more hammering in Croke Park..
Back to top Go down
Carburyhill
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:53 am

Thank god the minors didn't play with there club teams in the recent championship games and they were so fresh to play like that. Until we stop this dictatorship and making lads not playing for there clubs in kildare we are going nowhere. They were so undercooked it was unbelievable I don't blame the players managements and county board all the way. Will we learn from our mistakes?
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:44 am

Sideline was poor for Kildare. I for one did not feel that we turned up save for the first 20-25 mins. We did not respond to kerry in any shape or form. We relied on one gameplan - dominate midfield - and we were obviously wiped out there, indicating that there was no backup plan when it failed. We were so sloppy and naive. Where is the passion in this county? We are a laughing stock at this stage whenever any of our teams play in croke park. Dreadful stuff. I fear what effect this loss will have on the individuals in this team.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:32 am

It was probably an exceptional Kerry team even by their recent high standards at minor level but that will be small consolation to Kildare.

Crofter's post above adequately sums up my thoughts too!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:02 pm

Before 2014 kerry hadn't won an AI minor in 20 year's.. before 2013 we hadn't won a leinster in 22 year's.. now we are winning ,.. let's hope we can keep doing so and our day will come.. these fellas have a leinster medal which is a raretty in kildare at any level.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:21 pm

I'll start by echoing most comments above in that Kerry were clearly the better team and regardless of switches or tactics they would have won game. However, the Kildare sideline were nothing short of a joke. People will say they shouldn't be critised etc but it was a desperate way to leave a team on the pitch with what was going on. How our kick outs were launched down the middle for 60 odd minutes despite it being clearly visible we were being destroyed there after 10 minutes beggars belief. Similarly inept against Tipp last year.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:55 pm

This forum is fairly funny sometimes watching people backflip on how good a manager is depending on the latest result.

Few weeks ago, Hackett was the man we should have made senior manager according to some posters.

Now he's the main reason we lost by 22 points!

I was as disappointed as the next man and I did think we could have switched up a few things during that catastrophic period after half-time.

I won't get into too much detail because you must remember these players are only 17 or 18.

But at all levels, players must take responsibility - there is more to football than who's wearing the bib on the sideline.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:57 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
This forum is fairly funny sometimes watching people backflip on how good a manager is depending on the latest result.

Few weeks ago, Hackett was the man we should have made senior manager according to some posters.

Now he's the main reason we lost by 22 points.

Could it be that this is a discussion forum filled with many posters with different views?

Certain posters had their say about Hackett after the Leinster final. Different posters had a different view after the game yesterday.

Have you checked who posted both times with different views? I.e. Who is backflipping..
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:15 pm

jj wrote:
I'll start by echoing most comments above in that Kerry were clearly the better team and regardless of switches or tactics they would have won game. However,  the Kildare sideline were nothing short of a joke. People will say they shouldn't be critised etc but it was a desperate way to leave a team on the pitch with what was going on. How our kick outs were launched down the middle for 60 odd minutes despite it being clearly visible we were being destroyed there after 10 minutes beggars belief.  Similarly inept against Tipp last year.

+1 can't argue with that, neither a tactical change on kickouts or a personnel change in midfield is really hard to fathom.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:39 pm

After watching the game on record, we started well but it was only a matter of time before Kerry got going. I'm sure there should have been more changes made in the second half but I still don't think it would have mad a difference. Our midfield and both half back and half forward lines were obliterated by Kerry. We never won a breaking ball in the middle. Kerry midfield had a strategy of tapping it down or to the side to someone waiting. There tackling was excellent. How many times did they disposess Kildare players in possession. It's very easy to start shouting the odds from here but our minors are no different to the seniors. When Kerry went 6-7 points up after half time the heads dropped and it was game over. Thought the 10 and 13 are a class apart and even in our best day I still think we wouldn't have beaten them. I fear for Galway as they could be on the end of a similar scoreline as I can't see them getting near to Kerry. And no I'm not from Kerry but I can't remember a minor team look so complete the way they played.

Well done to our minors. They have had a good run the last four yrs with Brendan Hackett and credit to them for getting to consecutive All Ireland semi's. The next man in will have a tough act to follow and no doubt he'll be judged accordingly.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:55 pm

Am disappointed with the margin after going to their games this year it was clear after the Mayo game to get at Kildare was going to be through the weakness in midfield... and that was where any decent opposition was going to target and its obviously a key area!
anyhow great to get to another all-Ireland semi and all credit to the group for their great efforts this year and hopefully this will stand to them in the future
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:04 pm

Big Full Back wrote:
After watching the game on record, we started well but it was only a matter of time before Kerry got going. I'm sure there should have been more changes made in the second half but I still don't think it would have mad a difference. Our midfield and both half back and half forward lines were obliterated by Kerry. We never won a breaking ball in the middle. Kerry midfield had a strategy of tapping it down or to the side to someone waiting. There tackling was excellent. How many times did they disposess Kildare players in possession. It's very easy to start shouting the odds from here but our minors are no different to the seniors. When Kerry went 6-7 points up after half time the heads dropped and it was game over. Thought the 10 and 13 are a class apart and even in our best day I still think we wouldn't have beaten them. I fear for Galway as they could be on the end of a similar scoreline as I can't see them getting near to Kerry. And no I'm not from Kerry but I can't remember a minor team look so complete the way they played.

Well done to our minors. They have had a good run the last four yrs with Brendan Hackett and credit to them for getting to consecutive All Ireland semi's. The next man in will have a tough act to follow and no doubt he'll be judged accordingly.

This post says more or less everything I'd want to say about yesterday. That Kerry team is a really strong and very accomplished group for guys so young and it'll be interesting to watch their progress through the next few years. Like BFB, I've enjoyed a wonderful summer of good football thanks to the minors and their backroom team. If yesterday was tough for those of us watching, it was a damn sight tougher for all involved. Well done, again, and it'll be equally interesting to see the progress of our own young fellows in the coming years. Up the lilies!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:18 pm

I'd say in fairness at the start of the campaign many including myself didn't give this team much of a chance of getting to far. . They'd only 3 player's on the FF line that we knew about as such and I think only those 3 from the previous years team. Like I said it's little consolation today, but they have a leinster medal.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:28 pm

They did well to get to a semifinal as apart from a few decent forwards they are not a great team even by Leinster standards. I actually think last years team was much better and should have at least made it to the final.
Disappointing that another group of young Kildare players are left with a soul destroying memory of Croke Park on a big day. You feel with the diminance of Dublin that they will probably experience a few more if they progress to senior level.
I never felt they had a real chance against Kerry but management ensured they had none by continually kicking the ball into an area where Kerry were completely dominant. The tactical nous of Kildare managers at minor level in recent years leaves a lot to be desired when we play outside Leinster.
Anyway well done on their displays up to this point and lets hope some of them progress to better things at senior level.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:34 pm

Thanks to all the players and management for their efforts this year. Combining inter-county football with the Leaving Cert is tough so massive respect for those players who did just that. Would echo a lot of what Crofter said. We should have tried to change it up but if we tried to run it through a physically stronger Kerry team we would have probably have had different problems with the same result. Not sure what could have been done to win more ball at midfield. If Aaron Masterson couldn't win ball no one else on the subs bench was going to. Talent wise at the start of the year I thought it was the second weakest group of minors we have had in 8 years. Yes there are a few really good individuals but with all the commitment and attitude in the world, they probably exceeded expectations even getting this far and a number of them improved as the year went on.

We got out muscled everywhere but particularly on the breaking ball. Kerry got their body positions set and we couldn't get them out of the way. It’s obviously a very talented Kerry team but they had talented minor teams from 94 to 2014 as well. The difference is now that they are as well organised as any other county in terms of development squads and their strength and conditioning is on another level to nearly everyone else at this grade. I’ts easier to implement the skills of the game when you can physically dominate your opponents. Anyone who thinks it doesn't matter should have seen the Kerry manager's interview on TG4 after the Derry quarter-final.

Most of the Kerry players haven't played a senior game for their clubs since before the Leaving Cert. County minors aren't allowed play in the county under 21 championship down there and after the quarter final they had one round of minor championship and some of their players play for clubs already knocked out so they had no game in 4 weeks. The issue of playing/not playing senior championship is a red herring with our lads.

Big picture, from 1991 to 2003 the spread of all-ireland minor finalists across the 4 provinces was as follows:
Leinster - 10
Munster - 5
Ulster - 7
Connacht - 4

From 2004 to 2016 the spread is:
Leinster - 3
Munster - 8
Ulster - 8
Connacht - 7

Apart from an outstanding crop of Dublin minors in 11/12 and a Meath team that caught a few breaks in 2012, nothing. Not such a big issue for Dublin because all their players go to college locally and its easier to keep them together and monitor and develop them. But for us the Leinster minor championship has become as useful as the ulster minor championship to the Antrim hurlers.

Up until a few years ago a few Leinster teams played in the ulster minor league before the Leinster council, I think, put a stop to it (though Longford can still play in the Connacht minor league). We need to get more exposure to playing teams from the other provinces because a lot of the underage teams in Leinster are poor. We saw the Westmeath and Laois minors running around like headless chickens rather than trying to get their head up and pick out a pass. The Westmeath under 21s featured players who couldn’t kick the ball properly. The Offaly under 21s looked like they hadn’t seen the inside of a gym all year with the same bad manager they had at minor level 3 years earlier. We generally get one competitive game a year at minor and under 21 level in Leinster, usually Dublin, and we’re learning f*** all from most other games. No point waiting for the Leinster Council to do something about the state of Leinster underage football, we need to take remedial action for ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   

Back to top Go down

Kildare minors
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next