Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Kildare minors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:35 pm

to me this has been a good grade for the last 3-5 years for us and although Kerry stronger they are talking about building from their last 3 years to win a senior all Ireland so we should be doing similar and try and get to 2nd in Leinster again and then winning another Leinster title.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:23 am

was behind kildare subs in hogan stand yesterday it was very interesting watching both sets of mentors kerry had a mentor who was like a 16th man across the field all afternoon at every play with some sort of instructions not one kildare mentor gave any directions to any player throughout the entire game very strange indeed its great winning leinster but its time to start beating the big boys of this world
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:01 am

moatesports wrote:
was behind kildare subs in hogan stand yesterday it was very interesting watching both sets of mentors kerry had a mentor who was like a 16th man across the field all afternoon at every play with some sort of instructions not one kildare mentor gave any directions to any player throughout the entire game very strange indeed its great winning leinster but its time to start beating the big boys of this world
we long way off beating big boys of this world
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:45 am

Very disappointing yesterday although as has been pointed out, this is a superb Kerry team.

To pick up a point Shergar made earlier - realistically, the standard of football in Leinster at the moment is diabolical. You watch the senior game yesterday and I think we'd all agree the idea any Leinster team could push Dublin that hard is laughable. For those of us who grew up watching ferocious matches between any combination of Kildare / Meath / Dublin it truly is a sorry state of affairs.

I know Meath have tried to get their act together at underage but they haven't made any serious headway of yet. In fact, watching different Meath and Offaly underage teams over the past number of years, I have found it hard to believe that two counties with such proud traditions have allowed things to degenerate so badly.

A classic example - 2013. Our U21 boys go down and run rings around Meath in Navan. We go on and win Leinster before the now customary shambles in the All Ireland series. It seems like whenever we beat Dublin and / or win Leinster, we think of the All Ireland series like it's the UEFA Supercup or something. We just can't bring the same level of performance for whatever reason.

Anyway, yesterday was a stark reminder - as if it were needed - of the dire future for Leinster football if things continue as they are. There were 75,000 at Kildare-Dublin 09, and 35,000 at Dublin-Westmeath this year, so it looks like the Leinster Council are finally getting the message in the only terms they seem to care about - money.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:05 am

Just to say as well - was cheering for Kerry in senior game yesterday and got plenty of abuse from Dublin fans afterwards. Lots of pointing at Kildare top as well - "You're a Fucking disgrace" etc. They seem to really hate Kildare and Meath fans particularly. Stay classy lads!
Back to top Go down
Borderline
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:49 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Just to say as well - was cheering for Kerry in senior game yesterday and got plenty of abuse from Dublin fans afterwards. Lots of pointing at Kildare top as well - "You're a Fucking disgrace" etc. They seem to really hate Kildare and Meath fans particularly. Stay classy lads!

Of course they hate us, we are the kings of slagging here when we win any game but never seem to think days like sunday will come around when we have to take some of that slagging back.
Just take the last post from "Shergar" as an example..

Shergar wrote:
We saw the Westmeath and Laois minors running around like headless chickens rather than trying to get their head up and pick out a pass. The Westmeath under 21s featured players who couldn’t kick the ball properly. The Offaly under 21s looked like they hadn’t seen the inside of a gym all year with the same bad manager they had at minor level 3 years earlier. We generally get one competitive game a year at minor and under 21 level in Leinster, usually Dublin, and we’re learning f*** all from most other games.

All those things could have applied to us on Sunday, and these types of unnecessary, insulting comments usually come back to haunt us as they did last Sunday...
All the young lads on those teams started the year with the same hopes as we had and deserve some respect for their efforts, not insults from some clowns here who probably never put in anything like the work these lads have.
If you want respect from counties like Dublin you have to show that you deserve it. Dublin have saved football in my opinion as it was turning into a dull, tedious, and boringly repetitious game. They brought all the skills back into the game, worked very hard at it and have reaped the rewards. We should shut the f**k up and strive to do the same, then we can afford to slag off other counties if that's what turns us on..   Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Borderline on Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:01 pm

Caprea wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:
This forum is fairly funny sometimes watching people backflip on how good a manager is depending on the latest result.

Few weeks ago, Hackett was the man we should have made senior manager according to some posters.

Now he's the main reason we lost by 22 points.

Could it be that this is a discussion forum filled with many posters with different views?

Certain posters had their say about Hackett after the Leinster final. Different posters had a different view after the game yesterday.

Have you checked who posted both times with different views? I.e. Who is backflipping..

I checked back and a couple have done a fair old backflip, but I wasn't talking about anyone in particular when I made my initial post.

My point is more that several posters seem to put every success and every failure at the manager's doorstep.
It's like if you lose by 22 points, that means the tactics/gameplan was stupid. Maybe they were, but to me there was a gulf in fitness, mental strength (and above all) ball skills on Sunday.

No tactics will compensate for that. Yes, it looks stupid when we keep pumping kick-outs to an area we're losing them in, but who's to say that if we went short we wouldn't have been piling more pressure on ourselves? If we did that and conceded five goals instead of two, Hackett would be slaughtered even worse.

I still would have changed the approach myself, but I'm just saying that the solutions aren't easy in games like that.

I just think we need to be more level-headed when assessing coaches and managers. Instead of them being geniuses when we win and muppets when we lose, we should realise the truth is usually somewhere in between.

Earlier in the year, I didn't buy opinions that Hackett should be senior manager, but neither do I believe knee-jerk reactions now that paint him as being clueless.

Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:31 pm

I thought Brendan Hackett was an excellent manager beforehand and I still do. Imagine that!

Been watching Kildare teams since 1990 and, whenever we have won Leinster, we have always unravelled at some point. It's become a custom. Other counties seem to have that ruthlessness to drive on after winning provincial titles, but often it's like we shrink rather than bloom, as I said earlier.

In that sense, this latest failed All Ireland bid is the modern story of Kildare football. Then you throw in a flat performance on the day and an exceptional Kerry team. Jesus, laying all that at Hackett's doorstep is a bit much. I think he's done a brilliant job tbh. Ditto Brian Murphy before him.

We've more good talent coming through for minor, and we should have some good U21 teams over the next few years as well. Hopes springs eternal etc. On to the next chapter.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:47 pm

Borderline - could you point out to me where I was "slagging" these supporters on Sunday. I literally didn't say a word to them all day, I was minding my own business and watching the match. Also they weren't "slagging" me - it was a barrage of abuse after final whistle. Pretty amazing you are condoning that tbh.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:42 pm

I believe brendan Hackett has called it a day. . No doubt he'll be back in a senior intercounty role soon.
Back to top Go down
Borderline
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:30 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Borderline - could you point out to me where I was "slagging" these supporters on Sunday. I literally didn't say a word to them all day, I was minding my own business and watching the match. Also they weren't "slagging" me - it was a barrage of abuse after final whistle. Pretty amazing you are condoning that tbh.

Don't be stupid, I didn't say YOU were slagging anyone, I said we as Kildare supporters on this forum are very quick to run down every other county when we win a game and I gave an example by quoting Shergar.... Jesus H Christ, will you read the post properly before commenting on it. I am not condoning that sort of behaviour but I understand that they will use any bad day that we have to hurl back some of the abuse that we so freely throw around when we get on our high horse after a victory..
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:40 pm

I did read your post and it's incoherent. I have never abused anyone on here, ever, and I have never read much of it from anyone else either.

Also would suggest thinking twice before calling me or anyone else "stupid", it's out of order.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:48 pm

Dubs treat Kildare GAA with utter contempt, going back to McGeeneys time in particular where Kildare supporters and some pundits nationally considered us to be a better team than them despite the fact we never actually beat them in a championship match.

This pi**ed them off no end so they love the fact we are struggling now and love to remind us of this.

That does not excuse any abuse HG but that is their attitude towards Kildare GAA, we don't deserve to share the same pitch/stadium as them in their eyes.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:02 pm

Lads, there are bitter rivalries all over the GAA - Cork/Kerry being but one example - but there is usually a sporting attitude amongst supporters. I would never abuse anyone at a match, for any reason. It is a new low and it has no place in the GAA.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:21 am

Disappointing end to the campaign but there's no doubt Kerry were superb. Last year ended feeling as if something was left behind but then Kerry did something similar to Tipp in the final. Plenty of positives, probably the 1st Kildare minor team to retain Leinster, beat a fancied Meath team after extra time in Navan and played some lovely expansive football along the way.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:42 am

You're right HG. Never understood this talk of Dublin fans being great craic, most of my experiences suggest the complete opposite. I hate being in Croke Park when we're both playing, you just know you're going to get some a*shole shouting at you about sheep or what a waste of petrol and thinking he's a great wit.

Also, as if they'd be cheering for Kildare against Kerry - or anyone - in All-Ireland semi-final if they were in to support Dublin minors.
Back to top Go down
Landro88
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:14 am

Is Gay Campbell the favourite to take over the minors next year? I have heard of many different people he is.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:58 pm

I think we all know the secret to success is to load the schools with coaches. This is the only way to improve the pool of young players we have and thus hopefully improve the standard of football in the county. For this to happen we need MONEY. We need to pay coaches to do this. And not just county players. They need to be coached properly.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:49 am

Gay Campbell is new minor manager for 2017
Back to top Go down
umpireonditch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am

What are his credentials?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:10 am

He carried the water bottles during Brendan Hackett's tenure and his son was the keeper. Expect Morgan O'Callaghan to be named U21 manager in the coming days.

You hang around long enough..
Back to top Go down
umpireonditch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:16 am

Oh holy fuck.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:32 am

Bit quick to judge lads. Would ye not give the man a chance
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:30 pm

umpireonditch wrote:
What are his credentials?

Best of luck to the man.. he was a selector with murph a few year's ago and has been involved with next year's team since u14.. good to see a bit of continuity.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:23 pm

What role had he under Hackett team , he was Hackett choice for job
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   

Back to top Go down

Kildare minors
View previous topic View next topic Back to top