Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Kildare minors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1820
Join date : 2011-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:00 am

They're 15 for fuck sake. Let them play whatever they like.

Too many power drunk gobshites on both sides.

Heard of a recent U15 KDUL game on a very frosty morning where any player caught wearing gloves would not be allowed to play the game. These men must feel proud of themselves bullying kids.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2013-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:56 am

Yes Edenderry beat Naas in the final - apparently Paul Cribbin is an Edenderry selector. It's funny, St. Mary's more of a Kildare nursery than any actual Kildare school... Anyway I think a Naas-Edenderry final v positive for Kildare football. You just have to look at the Cribbins and Dan Flynn to see how it can translate to senior.

Edenderry playing St. Pat's from Armagh in semi-final on Sunday, should be interesting. Just wondering if anyone could list the Carbury lads?
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2013-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:02 am

Nine Kildare players on team, including two from Balyna. Probably core of next year's U17 team.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2203
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:10 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Nine Kildare players on team, including two from Balyna. Probably core of next year's U17 team.
there u17 Leinster championship this year Kildare are away to Carlow on 28 of June
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Senior
Senior


Posts : 269
Join date : 2010-07-09
Location : JTB

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:58 pm

Well done to Edenderry and especially all the Kildare lads on it.........

Worth pointing out also that Maynooth Post Primary qualified for the Dublin Senior A Final yesterday beating St Benildus in the semi 5-12 to 4-10........they were 9 points behind and down to 14 man in second half but pulled it out of the bag.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Junior A
Junior A


Posts : 49
Join date : 2014-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:18 pm

When you are on the county panel you cannot be picking and choosing when you turn up, what kind of respect is that for their managers and teammates.

Do one sport or the other.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 3315
Join date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:15 pm

Asking young fellas to pick one or the other is ridiculous.. Surely they should be encouraged to play both and comprises put in place.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
avatar

Posts : 156
Join date : 2010-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:20 pm

If someone encourages your child to specialize in a single sport, that person generally does not have your child's best interests in mind.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Senior
Senior


Posts : 269
Join date : 2010-07-09
Location : JTB

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:23 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Asking young fellas to pick one or the other is ridiculous.. Surely they should be encouraged to play both and comprises put in place.

Spot on Seamus...........for the vast majority the soccer dream is just that - a dream. I have seen this with numerous talents over the past few years. When the move to Utd / Liverpool doesn't happen they invariably end up back playing gaa which does offer them a pathway to high level sport (albeit on a national rather than international stage). Better to try and work with kids at this stage of their development and let them play as many sports as possible.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 3315
Join date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:28 am

I have no issue with the dream, but the pressure put on a kid at that age is ridiculous. I've seen it myself first hand.
Inevitably a chap with talent tends to be good at both codes.. let them develop at both and decide at some stage, but not at 14 or 15.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 583
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:29 am

White Bridge wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
Asking young fellas to pick one or the other is ridiculous.. Surely they should be encouraged to play both and comprises put in place.

Spot on Seamus...........for the vast majority the soccer dream is just that - a dream. I have seen this with numerous talents over the past few years. When the move to Utd / Liverpool doesn't happen they invariably end up back playing gaa which does offer them a pathway to high level sport (albeit on a national rather than international stage). Better to try and work with kids at this stage of their development and let them play as many sports as possible.

From what I hear nobody was stopping anyone playing soccer but surely there has to be some standards . It's a matter of commitment for me. It's soccer for one, its marbles for someone else, lads coming and going all of a sudden lads would be on here saying the manager is not up to it, as it's not taken seriously. If I was manager I'd want lads putting Kildare minor team first.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Junior A
Junior A


Posts : 49
Join date : 2014-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:17 am

jim wrote:
White Bridge wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
Asking young fellas to pick one or the other is ridiculous.. Surely they should be encouraged to play both and comprises put in place.

Spot on Seamus...........for the vast majority the soccer dream is just that - a dream. I have seen this with numerous talents over the past few years. When the move to Utd / Liverpool doesn't happen they invariably end up back playing gaa which does offer them a pathway to high level sport (albeit on a national rather than international stage). Better to try and work with kids at this stage of their development and let them play as many sports as possible.

From what I hear nobody was stopping anyone playing soccer but surely there has to be some standards . It's a matter of commitment for me. It's soccer for one, its marbles for someone else, lads coming and going all of a sudden lads would be on here saying the manager is not up to it, as it's not taken seriously. If I was manager I'd want lads putting Kildare minor team first.

Proper order. If lads are getting dropped for attending soccer when they are supposed to be at county gaelic then so be it. Plenty of hungry lads out there.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 456
Join date : 2011-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:21 am

Thought we did away with The Ban in the 70s. Sounds ridiculous at that age group.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Junior A
Junior A


Posts : 49
Join date : 2014-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:24 am

It's very difficult to play both sports. Add in the school bits and pieces and you can see where the injuries come from. I know lads in Kildare getting injections at 17 and 18.

It's not right.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 456
Join date : 2011-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:08 am

That's a load of bullshit. When would you urge lads to quit all other sports if 15 is too old. 12/13? Playing other sports as a kid accelerates physical development. Didn't do Kevin Feely any harm and he did it much longer and at a far higher level.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 3315
Join date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:22 am

Maybe at County level at a certain age it can become difficult, and it might become more obvious whether a chap is gonna make it at one grade or the other.. Didn't Shane long play minor with Tipp ?.
Back to top Go down
tpos
Senior
Senior


Posts : 101
Join date : 2010-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:33 am

Wasn't Rory McIlory playing soccer until last year ??
It depend on the sport and person. For most it would be around 14/15, but if doing 1 sport and there is an off season not a problem to play another.
Team sport complicates playing 2 sports, you cant jump from one to another without annoying teammates.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1066
Join date : 2010-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:41 am

Sounds like complete madness to me. The problem stems, I think, from underage managers thinking they're Jim McGuinness.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 456
Join date : 2011-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:44 pm

What about the Slaugtneil lads? Crossover there between hurling and football all the way up . Or is that somehow different because it's hurling or football?
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 583
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:21 pm

Again I dont think anyone is stopping anyone from playing different sports. I think in this situation lads just didn't show up for a kildare game. I think lads are missing the point they just happened to be playing a difference sport, they could easily have been gone fishing. From what I heard one player turned up played some of the game with kildare and then went off to the soccer game. No problem. But just not to show up isn't good enough in my book. Standards are important lads.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Junior A
Junior A


Posts : 49
Join date : 2014-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:30 pm

jim wrote:
Again I dont think anyone is stopping anyone from playing different sports. I think in this situation lads just didn't show up for a kildare game. I think lads are missing the point they just happened to be playing a difference sport, they could easily have been gone fishing. From what I heard one player turned up played some of the game with kildare and then went off to the soccer game. No problem. But just not to show up isn't good enough in my book. Standards are important lads.

And its also about showing some respect for the managers who to be fair, are the ones investing their time in the lads.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 600
Join date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:10 am

First of all they are 15 secondly it was a training session with Kildare under 16 development squad not a game, thirdly it was an all ireland quarter final in the soccer. Now jim and intheback take off your Kildare Gaa goggles. If this is the way the underage developments managers are working you are going to have a lot more than the 3 boy being dropped.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Junior A
Junior A


Posts : 49
Join date : 2014-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:17 am

Stevie

I am talking about a county match at a different age level to what you are talking about, also last weekend.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 600
Join date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:44 am

No problem intheback
Back to top Go down
intheback
Junior A
Junior A


Posts : 49
Join date : 2014-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:13 am

Stevie

Appears to be the same subject matter tho. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   

Back to top Go down
 
Kildare minors
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Similar topics
-
» kildare minors beat Dublin
» Kildare minors
» Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread
» KILDARE MINORS 2012
» Old Photos of Kildare Minor Football Team

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: