Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare minors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:31 pm

Another slap in the face for the club player. Train all year only to find out you'll be missing an important player a few days in advance of the championship because of an U18 competition which in the grand scheme of things is not that important.

Ger Donnelly must be gone into hiding again as he's done lots of times during his tenure when important issues need to be addressed.

Speak up you fucking coward!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Don't forget Taibi, the minor fellas weren't allowed play any senior league matches either. . It's creating a situation now where a player who might start playing with kildare at say u16, and then makes progress up trough the ranks will play very little club football.

I don't think our 2 fellas will play minor championship Tuesday night either. . So unfair on the club manager and team mates.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:58 am

Whatever not playing with there senior team but not playing with there club minor teams my god. I would love to know what there club minor panel/Friends think its a complete and otter joke..
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:00 am

I couldn't see a situation where the minor championship would go ahead without the county lads.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:14 am

lillyboy wrote:
I couldn't see a situation where the minor championship would go ahead without the county lads.

Not sure it's relevant if individual players aren't interested in playing.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:18 am

I'm hearing now that a number of county minors have pulled the plug on playing with their senior team at the weekend. .. the irony is the CB put on the matches this weekend for the club's with county minors to give them a longer break.
Back to top Go down
umpireonditch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:26 am

Well Seamus to be honest if they aren't interested in playing Minor football championship for their club they should not be let play on a county panel but that's a different days argument altogether!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:53 am

Absolutely..
There's a fair few boys on the senior panel with about as much interest.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:05 am

This is a terrible attitude being encouraged by the county minor management and the county board sitting on their hands and letting it happen. They are basically telling players of 17/18 years of age that once you have made the county set up, you can completely ignore the club, treat it as a nuisance for want of a better term.

Some of the players on the minor team have already seen their clubs relegated to Div2 of the senior league for next year, now they are being asked to play championship fixtures without them which heightens the chances of them being relegated to intermediate championship for 2017 which can't exactly help the development of these players.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:08 am

Its up to the county board to speak up about this as Taibi has said but yet again they won't. Leaving all the pressure on the county minor players themselves and making clubs even more frustrated with the county board than they already are. Its a joke.

I do know of 2 minors Hackett has given the OK to to play for their senior club teams this weekend though. Granted they aren't on the starting 15 but obviously he hasn't put a full block on the whole lot of them playing for their clubs as some are suggesting. I don't blame him anyway. He's going to look after his team as he sees fit. It's up to the co board to step in here.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:21 am

Ring croke Park give kerry a walk over do not enter any team in any under age competition at County level next few years concentrate on club only its problem solved
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:34 am

I don't blame the manager, he has one ambition and more luck to him.. I'm sure he doesn't give a Fck about the club's, and why should he.

Are you from moate, or what ?.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:05 am

Every manager resents his players playing for other teams as he feels the possible injuries or fatigue resulting from it is too big a risk to take. McGeeney probably lost his job in Kildare because of his reluctance to accommodate the clubs. You even see it in other sports like rugby and soccer.
But for Kildare minors I feel the real question is whether a month training with no games is the best preparation for the semi final. Last year against Tipp we looked miles off the pace and totally undercooked. Kerry will be at least as good as Tipp and definitely better than any team we have played so far. I would like to see the Kildare players as battle hardened as possible because nothing they have faced so far will prepare them for a county so steeped in tradition and belief.
There will be a lot of ill feeling if the minors underperform again in the semi.
Back to top Go down
Gaa2015
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:32 am

I wonder how many county players trained with there clubs this week a week before championship, not many I'd think as they were told not to, problem in kildare is we make these players out to be superstars without even playing a senior game for their club maybe that's why we fail so often
Back to top Go down
Mikeys
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:17 am

Foley didn't play for Sallins tonight
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:23 am

Kilcullen
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:10 pm

Well done
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:25 pm

Ah this takes the biscuit. Typical Kildare nonsense and why we win nothing. It's no wonder that any young fella that makes any county team suddenly thinks they're the bee's knees. Effectively county management and the county board telling them that they're too good to even consider playing for their clubs.

Given the prohibition on minor county panelists from playing adult club league football, how many games in the entire year will these have played now? I'm sure restricting the number of games and increasing the amount of training can only do wonders for a player's development and enjoyment of the game.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:27 pm

murof wrote:
Every manager resents his players playing for other teams as he feels the possible injuries or fatigue resulting from it is too big a risk to take. McGeeney probably lost his job in Kildare because of his reluctance to accommodate the clubs. You even see it in other sports like rugby and soccer.
But for Kildare minors I feel the real question is whether a month training with no games is the best preparation for the semi final. Last year against Tipp we looked miles off the pace and totally undercooked. Kerry will be at least as good as Tipp and definitely better than any team we have played so far. I would like to see the Kildare players as battle hardened as possible because nothing they have faced so far will prepare them for a county so steeped in tradition and belief.
There will be a lot of ill feeling if the minors underperform again in the semi.

I don't disagree but it's a shame these people wouldn't look at the attitude of the best managers like Mickey Harte and Brian Cody who just let lads play. It's surely conducive to a better attitude among players.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:42 pm

If they dont play for there clubs they cant play for the county simple as that.
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:19 pm

For Monasterevin last night, both minors played a half each. I wonder was this agreed between Hackett and the club?
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
Ah this takes the biscuit. Typical Kildare nonsense and why we win nothing. It's no wonder that any young fella that makes any county team suddenly thinks they're the bee's knees. Effectively county management and the county board telling them that they're too good to even consider playing for their clubs.

Given the prohibition on minor county panelists from playing adult club league football, how many games in the entire year will these have played now? I'm sure restricting the number of games and increasing the amount of training can only do wonders for a player's development and enjoyment of the game.

re the number of games 7 club minor league, minimum 3 minor club championship, min 3 Leinster minor league 4/6 minor challenge matches, 5 championship matches, several in house matches along with school and club u/21 so probably mid 20's.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:34 am

bloodsub wrote:
For Monasterevin last night, both minors played a half each. I wonder was this agreed between Hackett and the club?

The players themselves had a very late change of heart under much persuasion.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:55 am

Hyland playing for Ballyteague today..seems sense prevails
Back to top Go down
reichenhall
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:14 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
bloodsub wrote:

The players themselves had a very late change of heart under much persuasion.

Much persuasion... i know exactly what ya mean Seamus.....

is that what we've come to ?...

it's really time for CB to make a stand and a decision on this matter.......and not leave it to young chaps or worse their managers.......?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   

Back to top Go down

Kildare minors
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next