Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Kildare Senior Footballers 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Crofter
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:43 am

lilysavage wrote:
In Championship, you would use 20/21 in one game so with half decent run, you could be pushing high 20s with injuries, player rotation, black card( Mad ) suspensions...

Stats nerd that I am I checked back and in 2015 we used 26 players in 7 championship games under Ryan and in 2016 we used 27 in 4 games. Now whether that should be the case in Cian's second year in charge you could perhaps question.

Source is my own website - Link:

http://kildaregaa365.com/index.php/line-ups/
Back to top Go down
Crofter
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:47 am

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
Crofter wrote:
... "released back to their clubs" ...

Please tell me this phrase wasn't actually used!

Shame to see Paudie released tbh. He should have been kept hostage a bit longer.

It was the phrase used by Tommy Callaghan on Twitter and by Ger McNally I think on KFM this morning. Not sure if it was a direct quote from O'Neill though.

Back to top Go down
Crofter
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:52 am

lilysavage wrote:
Didn't see anything from PON this year to suggest he should be part of the 2017 panel.

Brilliant servant. Absolute workhorse for years. But was already effectively sidelined by CO'N last year so better to make way for a younger lad. But surprised Callaghan and Bolton remained on / were kept on. I guess their experience is invaluable even if they won't play every game presumably.
Back to top Go down
Crofter
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:53 am

lily4fr wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
Mick kelly tower's, held healy to one point today.

He has been exceptional for the last number of years. How he hasn't got a look in with kildare is incredible.

Haven't seen him play but just to point out he could still be added after the IFC replay if CO'N feels like you.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:06 am

He has been Brought in previously, and again during the summer, probably as cannon fodder in an A versus B match I'd imagine.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:10 pm

Did the statement not make it clear that players in the Senior & Inter Finals would not be called up (distracted) until their fnals are over ????  So why moan that Mikey has not yet been called up until the Inter Final is over ?????

Last edited by kelf on Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:46 pm

Just a question, do people reckon the excuses for last years' selectors stepping down make sense? Like O'Neill says that Bryan Murphy has a more responsible job now that will take up his time - yet he's becoming U21 manager. That doesn't ring true to me. I know the U21 season ends sooner obviously but for the first half of the year at least I would have thought the U21 job was a massive commitment. Also he said that Murphy was only ever coming on board with the seniors for one year - am I alone in not remembering that being said at the time?
To me these are the type of questions journalists should be asking at such a press conference rather than just reprinting what they're told verbatim.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:08 pm

kelf wrote:
Did the statement not make it clear that players in the Senior & Inter Finals would not be called up (didtracted) until their fnals are over ????  So why moan that Mikey has not yet been called up until the Inter Final is over ?????

I don't see any moaning kelf.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:31 pm

I think Roli will be a great appointment. I think Enda Murphy will be good also but he will not stay long imo. I think he is only in it for profile as he has been trying to get a big club job for a while. Still think they will be good.

On players going back to their clubs etc. I say so be it. They are better off getting football than sitting on a bench imo. And O Neill was. Who knows. He may be back.

As I said in another post I am expecting mid table in division 2 and a qualifier run if we get a favorable draw. Thats the level that squad are at the moment. Hope players get game time and good hard games to develop and hopefully improve.

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:37 pm

As long as there is a marked improvement, you have to be happy. Chances are we will meet the Dubs in Leinster at some stage and Id like us to give a decent account of ourselves followed by a qualifier run. Roli a good appointment, had the desire to travel to Slogo for 3 years as a selector and has been a great servant to Kildare. Will hopefully harden a few of our softer chaps on the panel.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:45 am

Laois or Longford not too bad.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:47 am

LillieLad wrote:
Laois or Longford not too bad.

..and will play winner of Louth/Wicklow/Meath in Semi if we win
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:45 pm

I heard yesterday's that Eoin O Flaherty isn't going back this year due to " work commitments" . Has anyone else heard anything. Might be just a rumours
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:43 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
He has been Brought in previously, and again during the summer,  probably as cannon fodder in an A versus B match I'd imagine.

You really hate your A v B games Seamus!
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:22 pm

jim wrote:
I heard yesterday's that Eoin O Flaherty isn't going back this year due to " work commitments" . Has anyone else heard anything. Might be just a rumours
I did hear few weeks ago he had not his mind up if was going back this year
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:56 pm

Just had a look at the U-21 team that started against Galway in 2013. All these lads will be 24-25 next year. What's happened to us since then. I know you have a few lads away but there are other senior lads taking their place. Just reading back the match report we kicked 19 wides and were beaten by 5 points. What an All Ireland would have done for us then.

KILDARE: Mark Donnellan; Michael Konstantin, David Hyland, Sean Higgins; Paul Cribbin, Fergal Conway, Jonathan Byrne; Thomas Moolick, Sean Hurley; Liam McGovern, Niall Kelly, Daniel Flynn; Paddy Brophy, Fionn Dowling, Padraig Fogarty Subs: Hugh Mahon for Fogarty; Gavin Farrell for Dowling; Tony Gibbons for McGovern.

http://www.kildare-nationalist.ie/2013/04/20/kildare-kiss-goodbye-all-ireland-dream/
Back to top Go down
Crofter
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Big Full Back wrote:
Just had a look at the U-21 team that started against Galway in 2013. All these lads will be 24-25 next year. What's happened to us since then. I know you have a few lads away but there are other senior lads taking their place. Just reading back the match report we kicked 19 wides and were beaten by 5 points. What an All Ireland would have done for us then.

KILDARE: Mark Donnellan; Michael Konstantin, David Hyland, Sean Higgins; Paul Cribbin, Fergal Conway, Jonathan Byrne; Thomas Moolick, Sean Hurley; Liam McGovern, Niall Kelly, Daniel Flynn; Paddy Brophy, Fionn Dowling, Padraig Fogarty Subs: Hugh Mahon for Fogarty; Gavin Farrell for Dowling; Tony Gibbons for McGovern.

http://www.kildare-nationalist.ie/2013/04/20/kildare-kiss-goodbye-all-ireland-dream/

Probably the best underage group I've seen for Kildare. Beat the Dubs after that trilogy as minors in 2010 before shock defeat to Longford. Played brilliant football winning Leinster as under 21s and then we all know what happened in Tullamore. Total melt-down.

Still feel that core group can drive us on at senior level. As long as they have the dedication and winning mentality. That's what it takes and not sure they have it.
Amazing crop to come through from one minor / under 21 team though.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:35 pm

It was an amazing team and don't forget Kevin Feely should have been there as well. Definitely the worst managerial performance of McGeeney in Kildare imo as he just there like a statue as our primitive catch and shoot from any position was in stark contrast to Galways clever team play. Certainly the most frustrating day as a spectator for me.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:13 pm

Ogie wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
He has been Brought in previously, and again during the summer,  probably as cannon fodder in an A versus B match I'd imagine.

You really hate your A v B games Seamus!

Not a bit friend. . Can be a great exercise when done right.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:22 am

murof wrote:
It was an amazing team and don't forget Kevin Feely should have been there as well. Definitely the worst managerial performance of McGeeney in Kildare imo as he just there like a statue as our primitive catch and shoot from any position was in stark contrast to Galways clever team play. Certainly the most frustrating day as a spectator for me.

So it was an amazing team of players that kicked 19 wides and it was the managers fault. Is that what your sayings
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:09 am

Here's the 2010 Minor team that won the third match against Dublin:

Kildare - M Donnellan; M Konstatin, J Byrne, B Egan; M Duke, T Moolick, J Comerford; S Hurley, K Feely; L McGovern, P Cocoman, P Cribben; N Kelly, P Fogarty, F Dowling. Subs - T Gibbons for Hurley; F Conway for Cocoman; C Plunkett for Kelly.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:54 am

By my country 11 of those have played senior of some type, that's a fair return
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:03 pm

lillyboy wrote:
By my country 11 of those have played senior of some type, that's a fair return

I have counted 12, with only the two corner backs and McGovern having not played senior from the starting 15.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:15 pm

This is a quote from an interview this week with Roli for the county final. The below is in reference to the Kildare team for next year and knowing Roli he means it. I finally think we might be going places.

"We can stick to the fellas who are working the hardest, who are being the most honest and hard-working and toughest, they're the ones that are going to be playing and that's the way it is."
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:15 pm

Is paddy brophy home good?????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Today at 2:07 pm

Back to top Go down

Kildare Senior Footballers 2017
View previous topic View next topic Back to top