Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare Senior Footballers 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:37 pm

bloodsub wrote:
lillyboy wrote:
By my country 11 of those have played senior of some type, that's a fair return

I have counted 12, with only the two corner backs and McGovern having not played senior from the starting 15.

Konstantin played senior as well although only in the O'Byrne Cup.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:39 am

jim wrote:
murof wrote:
It was an amazing team and don't forget Kevin Feely should have been there as well. Definitely the worst managerial performance of McGeeney in Kildare imo as he just there like a statue as our primitive catch and shoot from any position was in stark contrast to Galways clever team play. Certainly the most frustrating day as a spectator for me.

So it was an amazing team of players that kicked 19 wides and it was the managers fault. Is that what your sayings

The style of play which was persisted with for the entire game was the managers fault. I thought that was obvious if you read it carefully.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:29 am

They kicked 19 wides. It was very poor decision making by the players that lost that game. Fionn Dowling was shooting from stupid positions that day as he tends to do.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:08 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
This is a quote from an interview this week with Roli for the county final.  The below is in reference to the Kildare team for next year and knowing Roli he means it.   I finally think we might be going places.

"We can stick to the fellas who are working the hardest, who are being the most honest and hard-working and toughest, they're the ones that are going to be playing and that's the way it is."

I read that article and remember thinking the same. I know talk is cheap and you could probably find similar things being said at the start of every year but surely that would be a good place to start.

I think most Kildare supporters would be happy enough if every player on the team gave everything they have in every game and put their body on the line. If that means leaving out some more "talented" players then so be it.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:19 am

jim wrote:
They kicked 19 wides. It was very poor decision making by the players that lost that game. Fionn Dowling was shooting from stupid positions that day as he tends to do.
True but the manager took of Fogarty first and he had just set up a goal for Hurley and left Dowling and Cribben on to kick 12 wides between them.
Any way its history now and I am more interested in what Roli can bring to the county team now. Hopefully he has learned plenty in the last few years in the role. Difficult to get excited about the Leinster draw as we have slipped behind Meath in recent years and we will need a big improvement to get past them to another final where we already know who is waiting.
Back to top Go down
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:39 pm

murof we have to get by Laois or Longford first.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:15 am

if tipp had their full compliment of players for the league last year it would have been a lot more interesting they perhaps would have made it and kildare maybe just shading clare but with galway meath ,cork ,down etc its certainly up a notch on division 3
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:35 am

TheHulkHoganCowardFund wrote:
murof we have to get by Laois or Longford first.
So true, how unkildare like of me to look so far ahead!!!
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:19 am

fone wrote:
Is paddy brophy home good?????

Tell us more
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:22 am

Home for a holiday from what I hear. Next year is the big one as to whether he makes it over there
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:30 am

Thanks. Pity we won't have him next year.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:20 pm

Daryl Flynn officially retired seen it on twitter, good servant put in one of the best midfield performances I have ever seen against Donegal in 2011.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:10 pm

LillieLad wrote:
Daryl Flynn officially retired seen it on twitter, good servant put in one of the best midfield performances I have ever seen against Donegal in 2011.

I think the game that sticks in my mind was against Tyrone in 2009 ??
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:33 am

As said above he's home at the moment but going back out for pre season
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:29 am

I cannot believe so little is being made of Daryl Flynn's retirement. I suppose he hasn't been able to be at his peak for four years. But at his peak, was the sort of player Kildare so badly, badly need right now - a combination of all that you'd want.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:57 am

I wish Paudie O'Neill would announce his retirement as it's highly unlikely we'll see him in a Kildare jersey again. If there was ever a player that deserved acclaim, it's him. Hugely under rated player on his day.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:08 am

Flynn was a superb player at his best. The perfect foil for Dermot. Did so much grunt work and hard work without the fancy stuff he sometimes went without the acclaim he should have got.

Couple of games stand out for me Meath in the quarter final 2010. Dermot had just done his knee but Daryl was immense in midfield that day. His finest moment was probably the Donegal game in 2011. A Titan that day and the last great Kildare performance in midfield. Tough, skill, not a backward step taken.

Terrible shame injury stopped him in his tracks. His loss in 2010 against Down was probably the losing of that game.

Best of luck to him in is post Kildare career. Biggest compliment I can give him is that he is exactly the type of player we are desperately crying out for.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:31 am

Daryl was a top class midfielder under Mcgeeney. Even scored the odd point! Agreed that Donegal performance was inspirational against a team who were unstoppable the following year. Im pretty sure the Indo made him Man of the Match the following day which in a topclass game and Daryl on the losing side. Gave everything for Mcgeeney and county which possibly shortened his own impact at club level due to injuries.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:59 pm

Taibi wrote:
I wish Paudie O'Neill would announce his retirement as it's highly unlikely we'll see him in a Kildare jersey again. If there was ever a player that deserved acclaim, it's him. Hugely under rated player on his day.

I'd say he would probably be too embarrassed to announce his retirement. He'll just keep playing. That would sum his absolute selflessness and abhorrence of the limelight to a tee. An absolute hero who must have clocked up more miles on the pitch than anyone in the duration of his career, and dutifully fulfilled roles that were not always best suited to him but did them because we were weak in that area. And he got ridiculous criticism because of that.

The irony is he did the midfield job better for a long while than some players who would have many more of the traits suited to being serious operators in that position.

Underrated is the word Taibi.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:16 pm

A bit of a Flynn love in??
He was a fine player who put in a couple of outstanding performances but we never got a good run from him imo. Injuries affected him and he always was liable to lose the head.
Maybe I am being a bit harsh?
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:36 pm

Botch wrote:
He was a fine player who put in a couple of outstanding performances but we never got a good run from him imo. Injuries affected him and he always was liable to lose the head.

I think any player, in this age, that has given 13 years of probably the best years of their life to the Kildare county team deserves some respect, irrespective of how many times they have played for the county team during that period.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:46 pm

When did he ever lose the head for Kildare? Love in? Get over yourself.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:00 pm

How about a challenge game against the u21 this yr....i'd call that loseing the head
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:14 pm

As I said he was obviously a good player but just feel we never saw the best of him. Maybe injuries cost him??
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:04 am

Botch wrote:

The hard edge was vital. He often set the tone. And sometimes he was caught going over the top. It's badly missed in the current side. From 2007-2010 he was huge. I'd say ask Dermot Earley about him.

Injuries killed him the last four years though, no question about that.

But yeah, I'd have no problem being involved in a Flynn love-in when it comes to his contribution to Kildare's best years in the past decade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    

Back to top Go down

Kildare Senior Footballers 2017
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next