Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare Senior Footballers 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:53 pm

Never ceases to amaze me, people say we don't have enough tough footballers, then when we get one, they are hammered for every indiscretion, real or imagined.
Darryl was one of our best, and one of the few who can say he really played to his best in big games when the going was tough (Donegal 2011 springs to mind, he was superb). As for never seeing the best of him, come off it, he was consistently at his best from 2008-2011, that's a fair stint.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:05 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Never ceases to amaze me, people say we don't have enough tough footballers, then when we get one, they are hammered for every indiscretion, real or imagined.
Darryl was one of our best, and one of the few who can say he really played to his best in big games when the going was tough (Donegal 2011 springs to mind, he was superb). As for never seeing the best of him, come off it, he was consistently at his best from 2008-2011, that's a fair stint.

As I said he put in some outstanding performances. I certainly think we cannot include the word 'imagined' when it comes to any of his indiscretions but he was a joy to watch when in full flight. He had a good couple of years but just feel it did not go on for long enough
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:05 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:

As I said he put in some outstanding performances. I certainly think we cannot include the word 'imagined' when it comes to any of his indiscretions but he was a joy to watch when in full flight. He had a good couple of years but just feel it did not go on for long enough
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:17 pm

Most of his sending offs were in early rounds of the league or O'Byrne Cup and I don't think Geezer was in any way concerned. I can only remember one championship red card which was for two yellows against Meath, can't remember the year. And the second yellow was unfortunate as Meath were attacking and he made a great block initially but fouled just after. He was brilliant in 2009-2010-2011. The perfect foil for Earley. An excellent partnership and the platform for many of our wins during this period.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:46 am

Did he get sent off after half time up in Monaghan??
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:56 am

Big Full Back wrote:
that's was Eoin o flaherty
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:23 am

fone wrote:
Big Full Back wrote:
that's was Eoin o  flaherty

Wasn't sure. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:01 am

fone wrote:
Big Full Back wrote:

That was Brian Flanagan actually. Big scuffle before the break then the two teams came back out and McQuillan sent off Flanagan.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:30 am

Lily8 wrote:
fone wrote:
Big Full Back wrote:

That was Brian Flanagan actually. Big scuffle before the break then the two teams came back out and McQuillan sent off Flanagan.
my mistake it's 2012 just seen it on youtube
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:22 am

bloodsub wrote:
Most of his sending offs were in early rounds of the league or O'Byrne Cup and I don't think Geezer was in any way concerned. I can only remember one championship red card which was for two yellows against Meath, can't remember the year. And the second yellow was unfortunate as Meath were attacking and he made a great block initially but fouled just after. He was brilliant in 2009-2010-2011. The perfect foil for Earley. An excellent partnership and the platform for many of our wins during this period.

Safe to say he most definitely wasn't concerned. And neither were his teammates, and most definitely, Earley appreciated him massively.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:29 am

Lads I've been away a good bit of late. Has there been any confirmation of which players from the county senior and inter finalists are called into the senior squad?
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:40 am

No word yet they back gym at moment, well Sarsfields RoundTowers will stay with clubs until they finished with club championship
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:45 am

Cian was on yesterday's Off the Ball panel and mentioned that they met up last week and that there are 10 U21's involved.

It was interesting to hear him and it was a decent insight if only a small one of what he wants this year.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:08 am

Kildare needs dan Flynn Paul cribben to stay injury free for next season
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:34 am

Daniel Flynn has played 3 league games for Maynooth so far this year and Paul Cribben came on for the last 20 minutes for Maynooth against Sligo. Good to see them back on the field
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:19 am

Thanks lads. 10 under-21's ? They must have an extended panel working together then as there's not close to 10 in the names already announced surely.

re Daniel Flynn I saw a great clip on Twitter where he caught a ball under the crossbar in his own defence for Maynooth and soloed the full length of the field, setting up a score I think in the end. Agree we need him and Cribbin injury-free this year. Missed them big-time this summer.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:19 pm

Crofter wrote:
Thanks lads.  10 under-21's ? They must have an extended panel working together then as there's not close to 10 in the names already announced surely.  

re Daniel Flynn I saw a great clip on Twitter where he caught a ball under the crossbar in his own defence for Maynooth and soloed the full length of the field, setting up a score I think in the end. Agree we need him and Cribbin injury-free this year. Missed them big-time this summer.

No, in the 30s... there was plenty of interest in that discussion but he confirmed what I suspected, that he felt using so many players last year proved a handicap and he wouldn't be doing that this year. He probably shouldn't need to having given teh world and his mother a go last year anyway. He said in hindsight, it was probably a mistake.

I was also delighted to hear him say it was also a mistake to try and be too hands-on. McGeeney had to learn that too. When you're manager, you can't be immersed in the coaching because you're only seeing what you're doing and you're not dealing with the players one-on-one... he is going to step back and says he would have done that if Brian/Flano/Brennan had stayed, that it was a lesson learned.

As ever, game-day will decide but they were good things to hear.

Good to hear Daniel is going well. I know he's not everybody's cup of tea but if fit and motivated, has the potential to be the main man and one of the best players in the country IMO.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:04 am

Bolton and Callaghan yet return back training
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:35 am

Looking in from the outside, it seemed that Cian wanted to do most of the coaching himself and was still a coach at heart rather than a manager. It makes sense for him to take a step back.
Ronan Sweeney said in an interview before the county final that they hope to get the panel fitter earlier in the year and would be looking to pick the 15 toughest and most committed players.

You'd like to think that if management have learned from last year then we should see improved performances and we should have an advantage over counties like Meath and Laois who will have new management teams in place.
Time and results will tell. I think most Kildare fans will wait and see how things work out before getting our hopes up.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:56 pm

If the Chicago Cubs can overcome the Billy goat curse and win their first World series since 1908 then there must be a little hope left that we can break our own famine, curse or whatever voodoo haunts us.

Surely it's got to happen sometime.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:27 am

Rex wrote:
If the Chicago Cubs can overcome the Billy goat curse and win their first World series since 1908 then there must be a little hope left that we can break our own famine, curse or whatever voodoo haunts us.

Surely it's got to happen sometime.

Looking at the panel named today I don't see it happening anytime soon. Eoghan Flats has stepped aside from panel for 2017.

Certainly our poorest panel in many many years bereft of anything that even closely remevlmes a leader . We'll be back down in Div 3 for 2018
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:46 am

Panel of 28 named today - Sarsfields/Round Towers players to be added following conclusion of their Leinster campaigns

Mark Donnellan, Maynooth
Shane McNamara, Celbridge
Ollie Lyons, Celbridge
Peter Kelly, Two Mile House
David Hyland, Athy
Mark Hyland, Athy
Mick O’Grady, Celbridge
Eoin Bateman, Naas
Liam Healy, Moorefield
Darren Maguire, Maynooth
Eoin Doyle, Naas
Keith Cribbin, Johnstownbridge
Johnny Byrne, Allenwood
Emmet Bolton, Eadestown
Cian O’Donoghue, Clane
Tommy Moolick, Leixlip
Kevin Feely, Athy
Fionn Dowling, Suncroft
Paul Cribbin, Johnstownbridge
Luke Flynn, Johnstownbridge
Fergal Conway, Celbridge
Daniel Flynn, Johnstownbridge
Niall Kelly, Athy
Cathal McNally, Johnstownbridge
Neil Flynn, Maynooth
Chris Healy, Two Mile House
Eamonn Callaghan, Naas
David Slattery, Confey
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:51 am

As well as Eoghan Flats not being available, Adam Tyrell and Ryan Houlihan weren't considered due to overseas Irish Defence Forces commitments in 2017.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:38 am

Looking at that squad I'd be worried about our strength in depth. I know players such as Houlihan won't make or break us but they add to the competition for places and instead there's a few lads at the back end of that 28 with zero inter-county experience.
I'm very surprised not to see Mark Sherry there - still injured?
Finally, I hope Flats' absence isn't permanent. I still think he'd be an important part of the squad, particularly as he's one of the few good players we have in that late-20s-pushing-30 age bracket.
Hopefully we can add Hurley, Smith, McCormack, Sherry, maybe Shea Ryan.
Back to top Go down
umpireonditch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:29 pm

Conor Tiernan was prob most influential player in co final and he only came on at half time, would he be worth a place on panel? I think so personally and it surprises me he hasn't featured before
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    

Back to top Go down

Kildare Senior Footballers 2017
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next