Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare Senior Footballers 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:48 pm

A change in selector
Back to top Go down
Landro88
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:07 pm

Is there not only the one change in selector or is there more change after happening?
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:31 pm

I don't know i just heard there was changes and was wondering if anyone heard anything. My sorce wasn't someone in the know. It could be just gossip.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:45 am

Heard today at least one change in selector, former county player coming on board.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:12 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
Heard today at least one change in selector, former county player coming on board.
good appointment I think
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:35 am

Tell us
Back to top Go down
umpireonditch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:06 am

Wonder is it Roli as he's no longer with Sligo?
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:19 am

That's the name going around. Would be good if true
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:19 am

umpireonditch wrote:
Wonder is it Roli as he's no longer with Sligo?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spot on
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:40 pm

new selector a moorefield man.think now not that hard to work out?????.hes last year as a player
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:38 pm

For me I dont think O Neill has it to be a top manager hopefully im wrong but i think we missed the boat with Glen Ryan & his team he would be the type of manager that the players would play for and bring back the bit of pride and passion that is sorely missing from this panel.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:32 am

steviegenius wrote:
For me I dont think O Neill has it to be a top manager hopefully im wrong but i think we missed the boat with Glen Ryan & his team he would be the type of manager that the players would play for and bring back the bit of pride and passion that is sorely missing from this panel.  

Can't agree. Not questioning pride of passion but the days of that getting you to the top are gone. Might work against some other mid-tier team in a qualifier to get you over the top but to get to the next level is about sports science, organisatio, systems, commitment, intelligence and all that as much as pride and passion. Don't think Paídi breaking tables or Micko giving speeches would get a Westmeath or Laois of the 2000s near silverware and that's not much more than a decade back. Game was stuck in the past for so long, the evolution over the last handful of years has been massive and helped it make up for lost time.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:32 am

Thats fair enough Tommy but after watching Kildare the last few years I feel the fight the grit determination is not there in these players and with your sport science etc to make it to the top we need that in us and as I said O Neill to me is not the man to get it into and out of these players, Of course i would loved to be proved wrong.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:55 am

steviegenius wrote:
Thats fair enough Tommy but after watching Kildare the last few years I feel the fight the grit determination is not there in these players and with your sport science etc to make it to the top we need that in us and as I said O Neill to me is not the man to get it into and out of these players, Of course i would loved to be proved wrong.
bascily down to player attitude
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:54 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
steviegenius wrote:

Can't agree. Not questioning pride of passion but the days of that getting you to the top are gone. Might work against some other mid-tier team in a qualifier to get you over the top but to get to the next level is about sports science, organisatio, systems, commitment, intelligence and all that as much as pride and passion. Don't think Paídi breaking tables or Micko giving speeches would get a Westmeath or Laois of the 2000s near silverware and that's not much more than a decade back. Game was stuck in the past for so long, the evolution over the last handful of years has been massive and helped it make up for lost time.  

Ah here Tommy I'm assuming it's late at night in Brazil and you've had a long day or even a drop of vino......sports science is it.....well we have a Dr of Sports Science as manager so that bit we are leading the way in the country. So what's the problem with is In your opinion Tommy?
As far as I can see the constant in both the manager and some of our leading players is ego and bullshit. How would our sports science have faired in a battle like last Sunday where both sets of players went to war beat the shit out of each other in front of 82k people where warriors were needed, and ego and bullshit wouldn't have got out of the tunnel. Give me Glenn and co everyday.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:35 am

jim wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:
steviegenius wrote:

Ah here Tommy I'm assuming it's late at night in Brazil and you've had a long day or even a drop of vino......sports science is it.....well we have a Dr of Sports Science as manager  so that bit we are leading the way in the country. So what's the problem with is In your opinion Tommy?
As far as I can see the constant in both the manager and some of our leading players is ego and bullshit.  How would our sports science have faired in a battle like last Sunday where both sets of players went to war beat the shit out of each other in front of 82k people where warriors were needed, and ego and bullshit wouldn't have got out of the tunnel.  Give me Glenn and co everyday.

Four hours behind here, so just the two bottles down so far...

I think our problem is that our players aren't very good, at least not what we like to think they are. On top of that, year one for Cian as a manager, not doubt lots of teething problems in terms of his duties but also plenty of problems in trying to teach the team how to play a different brand of football with different systems. If you're mentioning Mayo, they have five years of learning how to play football behind them to the point Ed Coughlan actually had to teach them to run properly. And if you're mentioning Dublin, they don't have a backroom team of experts that could stretch from Athy to Castledermot for the sake of it, they are adding to players through fields that involve science rather than sweat. Sure passion is great, but it has to be controlled passion that comes after the fundamentals of the game are taught at a low level and then added to bit by bit individually and in terms of a team plan. That needs a manager and the players

Maybe Cian isn't what we thought, but given his track record elsewhere and the players track record at senior level, I know where my reasoning for the year we just had lies.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:44 pm

Tommy I understand Cian hasn't the resources that Dublin have and I know it's  his first year. The quality of player is an issue too . When I say quality I don't mean in terms of technical ability I mean in terms of quality of character. Leaving a side that he's never managed a team before to the best of my knowledge but considering his reputation as a top coach can you honestly say that the team are better coached than they were under Jason Ryan? Can you even see a small bit of improvment? Because I certainly can't.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:13 pm

jim wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:
steviegenius wrote:

Ah here Tommy I'm assuming it's late at night in Brazil and you've had a long day or even a drop of vino......sports science is it.....well we have a Dr of Sports Science as manager  so that bit we are leading the way in the country. So what's the problem with is In your opinion Tommy?
As far as I can see the constant in both the manager and some of our leading players is ego and bullshit.  How would our sports science have faired in a battle like last Sunday where both sets of players went to war beat the shit out of each other in front of 82k people where warriors were needed, and ego and bullshit wouldn't have got out of the tunnel.  Give me Glenn and co everyday.

Jesus Jim, sports science was at the very core of that battle - sure, attitude - but without the eating, conditioning and so on, they wouldn't last... and teams from 10 years ago wouldn't have lasted 15 minutes.

As for lack of ego? Ego cost Dublin the game.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:45 pm

I think Jim is saying there's to much ego rather than lack of it. Preparation is a huge part of the equation but still only a part and taking that most serious teams are broadly speaking doing the same stuff it ultimately comes down to skill, want/desire or whatever you want to call the intangibles
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:04 pm

Oige  I'm all for eating right and condictioning the body its not important its absolutely vital if you want to be at the top of your game. But it's just 1 ingredient along with so many others. Its like people saying a guy is a great player because he is a skillful player but skill is just another ingredient. Now is 1 more inportant that the other? That's a debate for another day but in my book passion and pride in yourself and desire to win, will lead you to improving all other aspects of your game.
As I said we have the so called best sports science man in the country but I can't see where that has made a difference to the team in the first year. But I'm sure plenty will disagree with we. ☺
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:12 pm

It's amazing listening to the supporters leaving St.Conleth's last night saying that the only player of county standard playing was Roli.  And I don't mean amazing in a bad way towards Roli who once again was superb.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:22 pm

You hear that after every game involving a few county players. It's become a cliché now.

Fergal Conway had a fine game.
Back to top Go down
All_right_in_white
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:38 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
It's amazing listening to the supporters leaving St.Conleth's last night saying that the only player of county standard playing was Roli.  And I don't mean amazing in a bad way towards Roli who once again was superb.

Roli has always stood out massively at club level. To be fair his character is the type of character badly missing from the county team at the moment. A hardworking, loyal and determined individual would put his life on the line for the Jersey.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:27 am

Yeah but if he is coming on board and results at the start of the league aren't good we'll have the usual suspects complaining about too many Moorefield people on board won't we?!!
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:40 am

Lol Shergar, id say ull ne proven right
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior Footballers 2017    

Back to top Go down

Kildare Senior Footballers 2017
View previous topic View next topic Back to top