Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Kildare GAA website

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PeterBME
Junior C
Junior C


Posts : 2
Join date : 2016-09-12

PostSubject: Kildare GAA website   Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:41 pm

Out of curiousity does anyone know if the Kildare board or whomever have any plans for the KildareGAA website ? One of the poorest I've ever seen. Sparse and infrequent updates to match results, Incorrect tables, previous 7 days results showing results from 2013 etc etc ? Looks very much like hardly anyone manages it. Just look at results for the past 7 days and never mind the 2013 crap but there's 20 games just from last weekend where there are no updated results ?
I very much doubt this is the first time this has raised it's head. Anyone know if there are any plans to bring the data up to date and managed/monitored properly ?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1705
Join date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:31 pm

The website is the cyber equivalent of St Conleth's Park.

Decaying and no one seems to give a flying f*ck.

Maybe the new PRO is working on bringing it at least into the 21st century.

There's some very good county websites out there. Mayo have just re-booted theirs. But then Mayo also have a nice county ground (admittedly with help from Connacht Council / GAA).

And Kildare clubs voted against the Reilly/O'Callaghan ticket. Really makes you wonder.

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 449
Join date : 2011-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:40 pm

''..The website is the cyber equivalent of St Conleth's Park...' Very Happy

The website is sh1te, I also get stuck in 2013 results when looking for last weeks. You need instructions to find the league tables. We are very backward in many ways. If you look at some of the Northern football teams (average teams like Cavan, Monaghan etc) their sites and twitter feeds are on the mark. Look at the fixtures this weekend. A fken logjam. Did Co Board forget there was an All Ireland on the Sunday. Do fk all for most of summer, then run off championship as if it was a hindrance, squeeze it in wherever you find a n hour or two.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 589
Join date : 2011-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:42 pm

Crofter - That is the best line I have ever seen written to describe the mental state of Kildare GAA!!

This is a great site. Whoever runs it really puts the Co. Board to shame. Great work done on this. http://kildaregaa365.com/
Back to top Go down
PeterBME
Junior C
Junior C


Posts : 2
Join date : 2016-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:39 am

Lilywhites on Tour. Fair play to whomever runs Kildare365 but I'm looking for all results, senior, intermediate, junior, underage etc etc. Just look at Hill16 website- every age, every category updated to the minute . Revert back to our drivel. I have kids playing U13 and they are showing as having lost a game they won by 14 pts, having played 2 games when they've played 4 etc. All and I mean All the teams in their division do not have updated results, do not have correct current standings and how they determine the qualifiers/semi's I don;t know.
For yesterdays Junior A final between Kilcullen and Milltown I actually had to ring a friend from Milltown to ask him the score as the website didn't update the result until late last night. Very Happy
Mad
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2181
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:39 am

PeterBME wrote:
Lilywhites on Tour. Fair play to whomever runs Kildare365 but I'm looking for all results, senior, intermediate, junior, underage etc etc. Just look at Hill16 website- every age, every category updated to the minute . Revert back to our drivel. I have kids playing U13 and they are showing as having lost a game they won by 14 pts, having played 2 games when they've played 4 etc. All and I mean All the teams in their division do not have updated results, do not have correct current standings and how they determine the qualifiers/semi's I don;t know.
For yesterdays Junior A final between Kilcullen and Milltown I actually had to ring a friend from Milltown to ask him the score as the website didn't update the result until late last night. Very Happy
Mad
better off joining Twitter great coverage of all results yesterday
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
avatar

Posts : 197
Join date : 2010-02-02
Location : JTB

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:48 am

fone is right, but I don't why they just don't have the twitter feed embedded in to the website- at least it would be a start and some relevant up to date information would appear, then you could restructure the information as you want to after that..
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 666
Join date : 2010-04-23
Location : Kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:25 am

At the beginning of last year a new website was promised and clubs were requested to send in information and club crests for this website. Then when it was coming up to the convention again it was mentioned that a new website was on the way. Still nothing.

Its a shame because tables can end up all over the place if there's a delay in some of the results being put on the website. In some cases if you look in fixtures you can see fixtures from 2 or 3 weeks ago still with no result up even though the matches have been played since. Hopefully it'll be sorted soon. As others have said, in the mean time, Twitter is the way to go or checking the individual club Facebook pages.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1705
Join date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:38 am

lilywhites on tour wrote:
Crofter - That is the best line I have ever seen written to describe the mental state of Kildare GAA!!

This is a great site. Whoever runs it really puts the Co. Board to shame. Great work done on this. http://kildaregaa365.com/

Ha - coincidentally that's actually my site.. not had enough time to devote to it the last few months as I'm working on a GAA book at the moment in my "spare" time and it isn't intended to do the same job as the Co Board site, certainly not in relation to club football. But thanks for the feedback all the same.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1705
Join date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:39 am

fone wrote:
PeterBME wrote:
Lilywhites on Tour. Fair play to whomever runs Kildare365 but I'm looking for all results, senior, intermediate, junior, underage etc etc. Just look at Hill16 website- every age, every category updated to the minute . Revert back to our drivel. I have kids playing U13 and they are showing as having lost a game they won by 14 pts, having played 2 games when they've played 4 etc. All and I mean All the teams in their division do not have updated results, do not have correct current standings and how they determine the qualifiers/semi's I don;t know.
For yesterdays Junior A final between Kilcullen and Milltown I actually had to ring a friend from Milltown to ask him the score as the website didn't update the result until late last night. Very Happy
Mad
better off joining Twitter great coverage of all results yesterday

Yep Twitter is the way to go for minute by minute updates on the club scene.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2299
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:46 pm

lilysavage wrote:
''..The website is the cyber equivalent of St Conleth's Park...'  Very Happy

The website is sh1te, I also get stuck in 2013 results when looking for last weeks. You need instructions to find the league tables.  We are very backward in many ways. If you look at some of the Northern football teams (average teams like Cavan, Monaghan etc) their sites and twitter feeds are on the mark. Look at the fixtures this weekend. A fken logjam. Did Co Board forget there was an All Ireland on the Sunday. Do fk all for most of summer, then run off championship as if it was a hindrance, squeeze it in wherever you find a n hour or two.

So funny.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2299
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:53 pm

The KDFL provide updated tables every Sunday night, early Monday morning, all results etc... it has been said to me before that people responsible are volunteers, as if that's an excuse. But what's the point in volunteering for a job if you won't do it?

The public should know what the lie of the land is but the worst is often the teams themselves don't.

When I want information on fixtures, results etc within Kildare, I come to this forum. In most other counties, the official website is the go-to spot for all the information, and much more.

I would absolve the county PRO, she's not long in and she is looking to pick things up in a lot of areas. There is a committee as far as I know - don't know if that's a good or a bad thing but certainly the website situation is chronic, reflects very badly on the county and has been allowed drift for far too long (from about three months after it was redesigned). You go on the site and you think 'unprofessional'.

As usual, Ulster led the way here but most of the rest of the country has made some shape. It should be a priority.
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Intermediate
Intermediate


Posts : 97
Join date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:06 pm

Website is a disgrace, as far as I know the fixtures are inputted into the website. The referees are then sent a text which they are supposed to reply with the scoreline and text it back, this updates the website and tables. The sooner referees are brought to task over this the better but I wont hold my breath. The co-ordinators of the underage divisions in the county are tasked with keeping tables of their own to try and keep track of what's going on. This however is only useful to the managers of the teams involved. No use to the general public who have on idea what's going on with their children's football. Ogie is spot on, the KDUL put us to shame on this
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1358
Join date : 2010-10-20
Location : Kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:22 am

Website is poor compared to a lot of other counties but to be fair since the new PRO has come on board she's up the social media coverage and thats a positive. I'm sure doing something with the website is a priority for her but there's probably so many dinosaurs around the county board top table I'm sure meetings in Hawkfield are like trips around Jurrasic Park at times if it's brought up.

To be honest having a fully paid secretary for the last number of years you have to ask the question what they've being doing all this time.....
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2299
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:13 pm

Big Full Back wrote:
Website is poor compared to a lot of other counties but to be fair since the new PRO has come on board she's up the social media coverage and thats a positive. I'm sure doing something with the website is a priority for her but there's probably so many dinosaurs around the county board top table I'm sure meetings in Hawkfield are like trips around Jurrasic Park at times if it's brought up.

To be honest having a fully paid secretary for the last number of years you have to ask the question what they've being doing all this time.....

Agree, in terms of communication generally, she has been excellent. I would be sure the site is a priority for her.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2181
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:55 pm

6 days to launching of new website
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Intermediate
Intermediate


Posts : 97
Join date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:56 pm

Seen it last week, looks great. Based on the ulster website (isn't everything eh) it'll only be as good as the information coming into it though but hopefully it will provide up to date results and tables for all age groups. Great start by the incoming PRO
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1358
Join date : 2010-10-20
Location : Kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:54 am

See 9-30pm tomorrow night is the launch time for the new website. Long overdue. Best of luck with it Christine. Doing great work since you took on the job. Keep it up...
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 609
Join date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:55 pm

Badly needed. Lets hope it does the job and is updated regularly
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 393
Join date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:38 am

A new website is not badly needed. A few people updating it regularly are what's badly needed. I hope this new website, which no doubt cost a pretty sum, will work out well but if there's nobody updating it, it will be no better than the current website.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 2249
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:35 am

The website looks to be live now. On first appearance it looks very well with a good layout. The acid test will be when it needs updating with results.

Until then well done to the new PRO. Great work being done.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Senior
Senior


Posts : 103
Join date : 2017-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:24 am

Looks like a good website. i like the club section
Back to top Go down
bigball
Senior
Senior


Posts : 103
Join date : 2017-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:40 am

It needs a section dedicated to the history of kildare gaa though
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
avatar

Posts : 197
Join date : 2010-02-02
Location : JTB

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:33 pm

The layout seems to be a lot better..
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1805
Join date : 2011-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:27 pm

Looks great, aesthetically pleasing and very easy to navigate. I've no doubt the new PRO will keep it up to date.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA website   

Back to top Go down
 
Kildare GAA website
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Kildare gaa website
» Kildare GAA Website
» Kildare GAA website
» Now that's a county GAA website........
» Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: