Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:55 pm

I thought that too Kelf but haven’t been able to find a link. If any JTB lads on here could confirm I’d be grateful.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:29 pm

kelf wrote:
Would "Hurley" by any chance be a JTB player who excelled for an Offaly Vocational schools team and is father of Padraig, Sean & Siobhan ?  Did a few brothers play for JTB ?  

That's John I think, though I wouldn't swear...
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:53 am

Yes, it was John I had in mind but I now understand he was not the player v Wexford in 1980.

Would Sarsfields people have any clues ??
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:32 am

I have another theory. It was supposed to be an under-21 team but I can’t find any reference to R.Hurley on that year’s u-21 panel. There was however a P.Earley from Monasterevin. It wouldn’t be beyond possible for a national paper to have put down R.Hurley for P.Earley. Anyone know that guy?
Back to top Go down
Fizzer
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:34 pm

Peter Earley from Monasterevan. He was one of three from Monasterevan on the panel that year along with Florrie McCarthy and Mick Hyland. Peter’s son DJ was on the county u/17s and minors in 2017.

I’m surprised Sherrif Kennedy’s first name is John! I thought his brother lived in Monasterevan and his name is John!

Also Peter Earley was a wing half back.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:56 pm

Fizzer wrote:
Peter Earley from Monasterevan. He was one of three from Monasterevan on the panel that year along with Florrie McCarthy and Mick Hyland. Peter’s son DJ was on the county u/17s and minors in 2017.

I’m surprised Sherrif Kennedy’s first name is John! I thought his brother lived in Monasterevan and his name is John!

Also Peter Earley was a wing half back.

Ok - think I'm on to something then..

Regarding Sheriff Kennedy the info I had came from his son so I'd imagine it's correct!
Back to top Go down
Fizzer
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:45 pm

I will ask Peter if he played in that match against Wexford.

I am clearly wrong on Sherrif Kennedy’s name
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:09 am

Thanks Fizzer.

Otherwise I might just credit Red Hurley with an appearance!
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:11 am

No R Hurley's around JTB 365!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:37 am

Thanks for confirming WB. Yes I knew that team they had around then & couldn’t remember one.

Looks like a typo by Indo perhaps.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:46 am

White Bridge wrote:
No R Hurley's around JTB 365!

I just found John Hurley as a sub on the 1983 JTB SFC team. Maybe he's the man?

Any further info on him White Bridge - would he have been under-21 in 1980 do you know?
Back to top Go down
bigball
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:48 am

Thatd be Seans father. He would be that age alright
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:55 am

aha... thanks BB.. maybe just a typo in the Indo then
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    

Back to top Go down

For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5