Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare v Galway part deux.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Cilldara_2000
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:21 pm

I'm inclined to agree 365 that we've a lot of confidence against a team we haven't beaten in years but I also think we can win.

It is nice to be going to Croke Park with a head of steam for a change and I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully Kerry will win too.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:27 pm

Looking forward to it today. Now I think we will win, but just in case can we still remember that we are back in Div 1 with one of the youngest teams in the country, missing the two Flynns, who were key at the start of the league.
Just to say that no matter what happens we would have taken someone's hand off if this was on offer at the start of the year.
I think we have enough pace in that team now to relish Croke Park for a change. Plus Conway and Cribbin should stop those wing backs and, in Paul's case especially, can have them running backwards a bit.
Kildare by two!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:28 pm

Nail on head with your last point. If we take the initiative we can make them worry more about us than we need to worry about them. I'm hoping the hurt of 2013 will also drive on the 8 or 9 on our team who suffered through that awful experience.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:42 am

Not really happening for alot of lads so far. Lucky to be level
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:47 am

Awful stuff, certain players just not putting in the effort. Like a training game. Croke Park and Kildare just don't go together. Massive improvement needed or we head home again with our tails between our legs.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:20 am

When Kildare play with pace they are a joy to watch when players have too much time on the ball mistakes creep in not picking up any breaking ball
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:41 am

Best team won
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:48 am

A docile game I won't be losing any sleep over. We are better than last year but we are far from looking a danger to the best
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:49 am

Best team won indeed. Think if we had the two Flynns available it could have been different but Galway's subs looked better than ours though Slattery caused them problems.
That type of possession football doesn't play to our strengths as we looked better when we moved the ball at speed.
Paul Cribben obviously wasn't fit so why did it take so long to replace him?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:57 am

Another shit-show from Kildare in Croke Park.

Disappointed with our midfield pairing today. Moolick was anonymous and Feely was very lackadaisical. They set the tone for the rest of the team for 50 minutes of the game. Slow and laborious which suited Galway's packed defence. Fionn Dowling and Paul Cribbin contributed nothing, passengers all game. Both should've been hooked at HT for Slattery and Hartley.

There were a few positives. Niall Kelly is a class act. We would have been on the end of an embarrassing defeat only for him. Fergal Conway was immense in that second half, breaking tackle after tackle and even kicked one himself. Same goes for David Slattery, his direct running lead to at least 5 points. Hyland and Doyle were decent at the back.

Said it last week and I'll say it again, that is a poor Galway side. 13 men behind the ball then give it to Shane Walsh. That's the height of their tactics.

They rarely get a mention when they don't make mistakes so well done to the referee, he was very good.

Good league campaign overall but there's a bitter taste after today.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:07 am

Think your being kind there lads. That was dreadful. Apart from Niall Kelly and Conway not one stepped up. Same old problems of players going missing when needed. Destroyed in midfield but kept kicking it long, hardly a decent tackle put in as they watched Galway players run by. Individual errors were off the scale. One player conceded three scores by himself from his personal mistakes before being pulled off.
When composure was needed late on it was I was going to say the old Kildare but they never went away doing crazy things. Leper comes on lost the head and tried to kick a point that J.D wouldn't contemplate.
In the grand scheme it doesn't mean the end of the world but like last year we lost the last two games in a whimper. We badly​ miss the two Flynn's especially Dan whose running opens up defences.

If we are in a tight game in Leinster I would be worried as our bad habits always come to the surface.

Oh and I detest Croke Park. I'd gladly never set foot in it again.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:22 am

Cheer up ffs. If Kildare win by a point you'd be creaming yourselves. Lose by 2 and it's despair. It was a game in Croker for a young side having just gotten an unexpected promotion. Galway are ahead of us at the minute. Connacht Champions. Kildare have had a good campaign so far.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:29 am

Sorry I'll remember to ask you what my opinion should be next time we play.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:35 am

I hate the sight of that maroon jersey.. but they did deserve it as they had better forwards.. we were to reliant on niall, he was our only forward to score in the first half.
Paul c was very obviously injured from early but was left on.
I'm not gonna name individual players, but it's fairly obvious a number of fellas who started and who came on bring little to the table.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:37 am

lilysavage wrote:
Cheer up ffs. If Kildare win by a point you'd be creaming yourselves. Lose by 2 and it's despair. It was a game in Croker for a young side having just gotten an unexpected promotion. Galway are ahead of us at the minute. Connacht Champions. Kildare have had a good campaign so far.

If my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle.

Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:47 am

Yeah too many of our players had off days. Kelly and Conway were good and Healy had his moments. It has been a positive winter/spring although maybe it has lost some of its gloss over the last few weeks but there's plenty of time now to regroup and get players fit before Longford/Laois. We need everyone available to give ourselves more impact off the bench. That's what won it for Galway in the end.

This generation sorely needs a Laois '97 type of day to rid themselves of their Croke Park demons. Our record there is shocking over the last five years.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:50 am

Counting to 10 before writing much about that. Let's be charitable and call it a meaningless game. We're quite good at burying the head in the sand after all.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:04 am

Think some of you guys bury your heads in the sand after beating likes of Fermanagh, Down and Clare. You've written extensively about how great those wins were. Be good to see some balance for once. Galway are Connacht Champions . We lost to Westmeath last year.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:48 am

The massive difference between Division 1 and Division 2 Football
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:59 am

fone wrote:
The massive difference between Division 1 and Division 2 Football

Thankfully TODAY we were playing galway and not dublin or kerry.

Bottom line is we achieved our objective promotion.. it's just a pity we can't win Finals in Croker.

I agree that our bench just isn't strong enough, and that was an issue today and will be when 21 are required to see out matches in the summer.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:35 am

Disappointing display but we'll get over it... Let's get down to business for the championship and try and get to a Leinster final.

Hey - a balanced response. Kildare fans don't have those, I thought?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:51 am

Would we have beaten Westmeath today Lilysavage? This season has been much more positive than I expected so trying to hold on to that perspective. But I think today will have knocked the players' and management 's confidence and needs to be addressed. Burying the heads in the sand wont improve us.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:00 am

I am going to lead the call for perspective - unfashionable I know! Galway did a good job of exploiting our weaknesses today, the forwards didn't really click and there were some bad mistakes throughout the performance.

But let's remember... We are building and we are Kildare, not Dublin or Kerry. Promotion was achieved pretty comfortably in a ferociously competitive division and we're in Division 1 next year.

Finally - and this is by far the most important point - this is still a ridiculously young team. A season and Div 1 will bring them on a tonne and if we maintain our status, that will be a serious achievement.

Let's focus on fixing the weaknesses and giving the championship a right good crack.

No doubt a post in vain, but anyway!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:12 am

We all know that was our only chance of Silverware this year, same as last years final was our only chance. I can't get my head around so many players playing within themselves. If you're going to lose, lose in the right way giving everything. No way more than two or three out there were at full throttle.

They gained nothing from that match except another bad experience of Croke Park. It is definitely a mental thing now​ for us up there. How Cian gets them to overcome it is anyone's guess. Luckily our first Championship match is not there.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:15 am

Not a good performance today, Galway exploited Eoin Doyle as the sweeper in the first half with 12 picking up an ocean of ball and being involved in nearly all of their attacks, I am not sure who's job it is to pick up the centre forward when Doyle drops as the sweeper, probably on of the midfielders but their lack of mobility probably makes that hard for them.

Up front outside of Niall Kelly who was exceptional, the other forwards failed to impose themselves on the game and we ended up going sideways and or backwards once we reached their 4 on numerous occasions.

Galway's bench was decisive, contributing 4 points, outside of Slattery who caused them a few problems our subs didn't contribute in a meaningful way.

All in all, it has been a sucessful league with promotion secured although after watching Dubs v Kerry today, I fear what could be in store next year!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway part deux.   

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Galway part deux.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next