Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Championship 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:31 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
The greatest team of all time currently struggling against Carlow - absolutely hilarious.

And Bernard Brogan just scored his first ever championship point outside of Croke Park.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:02 am

I do genuinely believe this current Dublin team are the most overhyped football side I've ever seen. They way they're fawned over in the media - because they sell papers - is a tricky one for Jim Gavin to be fair. I mean how is he supposed to keep their heads right when you read some of the rubbish written about them. As Jim McGuinness said in his post-match analysis, there are a few teams around the country who will be delighted with their performance tonight.

Unfortunately we're not in that category. But I honestly think they're heading into a transitional period over the next few years and they're going to be vulnerable. Anyway, we're not in a position to be thinking about that yet. Back to Laois tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:24 am

The big advantage has always been Croke Park. As soon as they come out they are vulnerable. They are just not happy in provincial venues. If that game was in CP they would have won by 25 points.

I can only admire Carlow this evening. They got rode by the ref but never dropped the head. Fair dues to them.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:34 am

Absolutely Rex - they manned up in a way many teams in Leinster haven't. Our truly pathetic 2015 display springs to mind. Sean Murphy too devastated to speak when receiving MOTM award and tbh I don't blame him. They deserve every bit of kudos they'll get.

As for Dubs... Jesus can you imagine Kildare put in a performance like that against Carlow. We'd never hear the end of it.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:58 am

Sean Murphy. That is all.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:09 am

The guy went on a rampage - one stage took on about half a dozen of them before palming it off to a team mate. Phenomenal!
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:30 pm

Nearly time, I'm a little worried where our scores will come from unless we are well on top. If we have control of the game I think we will outrun Laois and our scores will be spread out. If its tight only Kelly would have me confident of scoring from 30 MTS .
Hopefully we are quicker out of the traps than we usually are, if we give these a chance to get in front they will raise their game .
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:37 pm

COME ON KILDARE, TEAR INTO THE F*****S.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Firmly believe this is our strongest team since the Geezer era and most talented generation of players we'll see for a while. Today feels very important therefore both in the result and the manner of performance. These lads have it in them and playing outside Croke Park they should be able to assert their authority over Laois. I hope they do but you can never be 100% confident in a Kildare team.
Lilies by 3 or 4. Scoring won't be a problem.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:39 pm

It's hard to know where exactly Kildare are at. There's no doubt that we have improved since last year but the dip in performance at the end of the league makes me wonder whether we were just a bit ahead of the other teams in our preparation in February and March. Hopefully the break and the training camp has recharged the batteries.

If we have ambitions of being competitive later in the season then today is a game we simply have to be winning. Laois are better than their league form suggests. They had injuries and seemed to struggle to keep fifteen players on the field throughout the league. That said, if this Kildare team plays up to what they're capable of then we should win. Another performance like those against Clare and Galway though and it could be an uneasy afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:31 pm

C'mon lads, let's get stuck in. Just about ready to hit the road.

Put a marker down for the rest of the year.

Up the lilies.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:38 pm

Sadly caught up in work and can't make it as planned. Best of luck to all and as others have said hope we get stuck into them and don't let up.
Shame the two young lads up front are missing as this game was made for them but the guys coming in have a real chance to impress.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:15 am

Perspective can wait till Monday. I'm on the first flight to Kilrush airstrip.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:19 am

Laois fans streaming out of here with 25 mins left... love it
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:41 am

Ah a lovely relaxing day in biffo land kicking the lard out of the neighbours.. few pound from paddy to cover the evenings stout and no work tomorrow, happy days.. we even have them a 3 point start to make a game of it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:57 am

Brilliant performance, everything I hoped it would be. I do think we have a bit more quality than Meath, but the McEntees have got them organised and they now have some of that old Meath resolve. Make no mistake - they are going to tear into us.

Once again, it's all about the mindset. The lads need to be ready to go to war in two weeks.

Well done to all involved on a superb display today.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:07 am

Kildare v Meath fixed for tullamore on the 17th at 7pm.. Happy with that.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:13 am

Was a radio job for me. Sounded like a good team effort and JD noted that when Laois tied Flynn at the start of second half others stepped in.
Nice spread of scores and lads like Healy and Dowling waiting in the wings.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 am

Yeah, no complaints with that. Will be a great occasion and atmosphere will be absolutely electric. Jesus Leinster actually starting to feel like a proper championship again!
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:18 am

I'm sorry but anyone who thought this was ever going to be close knows nothing about Laois. Thought it was for the most part a pedestrian performance against a slow team. Was beside a member of the Laois management roaring into a microphone that the players weren't to kick it in the first half. Says it all.

Think this leaves us horribly undercooked for Meath. Clare threw everything at us in the league and we won. Injuries cost us in the league final against a very good Galway team. People need some perspective.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:20 am

Sweeter than a homemade apple tart geek
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:23 am

Shergar wrote:
I'm sorry but anyone who thought this was ever going to be close knows nothing about Laois. Thought it was for the most part a pedestrian performance against a slow team. Was beside a member of the Laois management roaring into a microphone that the players weren't to kick it in the first half. Says it all.

Think this leaves us horribly undercooked for Meath. Clare threw everything at us in the league and we won. Injuries cost us in the league final against a very good Galway team. People need some perspective.

Good man, Captain Hindsight. Why didn't you enlighten us with your superior knowledge prior to the game?

Well done to all involved. 13 different scorers in a championship game must be some sort of record.

Nice to put them queens back where they belong.. in America.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:27 am

"Nice to put them back where they belong - in America."

Ha - classic! Look out for the stampede at the Aer Lingus check-in desk tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:57 am

Think Shergar should be drug tested. "Pedestrian" indeed. Those fearing this game did so from the Kildare perspective of knowing what can happen when we don't show up. Today we did, gave them a head start and destroyed the feckers. Meath is undoubtedly a huge step up but that's not any surprise. Honestly if you couldn't get somewhat excited after that Shergar I'd find another pass time.
Well done to the panel and players. Immense effort. That's what we want to see. Lads trying to be the best they can be.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:03 am

Subtle but powerful message by Cian O'Neill not to bring on Paddy Brophy today. Could have used a sixth sub but ensured those that got promotion got their day in the sun as a priority. Paddy looked very lean and fit in pre-match however and I don't think it'll be long before we see him. Didn't darken the door of a barbers in Oz by the looks of it though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   

Back to top Go down

Championship 2017
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next