Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Championship 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:54 pm

Interesting perspective - I think Reilly is brilliant. Has played a lot around midfield in the last few years on a brutal team. Scored 0-26 from play in 7 games this year. It's all well and good to say 'all he does is' but he's doing it a decade. Accept the dilemma - someone physical to stop him breaking through or someone pacey to stay with him. I'd go for the latter because I don't think in the modern day you can do the former without giving away frees. And there will be space because of the way we push up and they will obviously be trying to generate it themselves, like us, for the speed merchants. So Ollie for me. But if Doyler picked him up before, it will probably be him and he wouldn't be slow, while also very physical. The thing I like about Ollie is like Keegan did with Connolly, and McMahon with Gooch, he could have Reilly going the other way, which is the best way of stopping him scoring and also, as we saw with Connolly and Gooch, wreck his head. But there are a few guys that need watching. I'd probably go Reilly, Sullivan, Lenihan, McMahon, Wallace in that order.

Should be a cracking game. Kildare deserve to be favourites. Funnily, though Kildare trounced them, I thought Meath did more than enough to show they could do damage and should have had a few goals that would have changed the dynamic of the game. So would be wary, as Kildare will give up chances but hoping they'll make and take more.
Back to top Go down
umpireonditch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:13 am

Good to see the Squirrel Eaters in the spotlight again!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:30 am

Squirrel eaters haven't heard that in a while. But they are having a bit of a moment down there. Reminds of that scene in Reservoir Dogs where they are all pointing guns at each other in a Mexican stand off then everyone gets shot. That seemed to be the Laois County Board meeting.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:50 am

Westmeath beaten by 30 points following which Cribben resigned (says they haven't prayer of winning anything for foreseeable future); Offaly distintegratiing; Laois team and county board in anarchy... Leinster GAA has turned into a banana republic – only less efficient.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:04 am

Apparently the Laois boys saving up for training camp in Coppers next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2017   

Back to top Go down

Championship 2017
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11