Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Club Championship

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:16 am

When he went off i meant. Not picking an argument for sake of it but Celbridge style is far harsher on the eye than Moorefields. Constant recycling and handpassing. Moorefield went for jugular today when chances were there. 3-13 no joke against Athy.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star

murof wrote:
Athy actually never had a particularly strong bench and the difference in the quality of the subs who came on was very noticeable.
Would love to see Celbridge win for a change.  Brophy and Paul Cribben were the only two county players who stood out today.  Flynn and Hurley were really poor.

Can't agree with that after the performance of mick o grady today he was excellent
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

I know I'm bloody hammering Moorefield but for me they have absolutely no players like Brophy who can get you out of your seat with excitement. Give em hell Paddy!!
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:18 am

O'Grady has loads of ability but for me at county level, he needs to develop a mean streak like Keegan, Higgins, Barrett et al. He has the football though, definitely.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:20 am

He was mean enough today to nullify our all star nominee
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:21 am

Definitely - although it was conspicuously absent against Dublin and Armagh. Not singling him out as plenty of our other defenders were also dragged out of position and generally given the run around in those games.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:34 am

O'Grady was good today in fairness but JTB never committed enough players forward to really test him. Flynn never recovered from the awful start and some of the balls in to him were really poor. As HG said O'Grady needs to become a lot meaner but he can do that.
Back to top Go down
umpireonditch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:42 am

Haunted Graffiti maybe it's personal taste but thought Moores were very good to watch Celbridge on the other hand were very boring and despite there athletic prowess were very slow on the ball. Moores once they saw a gap moved the ball at pace and were very clinical! Think if Brophy is kept to less than 4 points Moores will win.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:43 am

He can and I would love to see him do because the guy has bucketloads of ability. Ollie Lyons, I don't know... He's done some great man marking jobs before and had some brilliant moments this year. But being honest about it, you'd have to say he was roasted by Brogan and Clarke.

I honestly always felt half-back was a better fit for him because he doesn't have that savage aggression you need for full back line. Time for a change maybe? I don't know, maybe I'm being a bit harsh on him... Definitely disappointed with him v Dubs and Armagh though.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:45 am

It is personal taste... In fairness if Moores put in big performance in Leinster that would surprise and excite me. I've just about given up on them and Sarsfields in that regard though. Certainly happy to be proved wrong etc...
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:24 am

murof wrote:
Athy actually never had a particularly strong bench and the difference in the quality of the subs who came on was very noticeable.
Would love to see Celbridge win for a change.  Brophy and Paul Cribben were the only two county players who stood out today.  Flynn and Hurley were really poor.

That's a bit unfair on Mick O'Grady and Ollie Lyons. Also if you class Tyrell as a county player who took a year out. Serious display from him.

Moorefield may not have established current inter-co players in defence but by god they know how to close a team down and deny space. And Daryl Flynn provides a level of intimidation in midfield that is rare in Kildare football. He must be a complete bastard to play against.

Feely the All Star designate had a nightmare with his shooting much as Daniel Flynn did in the first game. It's actually quite worrying to see that from an inter county perspective.

Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:35 am

Would have to agree... When you see the standard of Dublin club football we're generally miles off. That's why I say I didn't really take much encouragement from today. What's new says you...
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:38 am

who would have thought that they would need 6 minutes of injury time in the first round when they were 2 points down to being 1 game away from doing the double . 
very tight to call . a draw would nt surprise me .
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:48 am

Not convinced on Tyrell, did well when his team were in top but a couple of wild shots when his team needed him in the 2nd half.
Moorefield woman beside me was not a fan ,describing him as a sunshine player early on. Would like to in get another run at county level though, he can kick some lovely points.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:01 am

Those are fair observations. Cocky pup as well. Raw talent though.
Back to top Go down
ALLO ALLO
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:24 am

Sarsno1 what the FCK are you referring to, are you on the sauce?
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:33 am

Jayus HG its very clear that you detest Moorefield and you keep going on about Leinster but you have to win your county championship before you worry about that. Correct me if I'm wrong but Moorefield are the only Kildare team to win Leinster senior club since 1982.

I think you need to take a reality check.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:48 am

True... Although one win from eight attempts and not as much a single other final appearance is dismal. Sarsfields in the same period: 10 titles. Newbridge clubs between them 18 titles in 35 years and a grand total of one Leinster club to show for it. Diabolical by any measure. Also I don't detest Moorefield, I'm actually fairly indifferent towards them, but you'd have to say the overall standard in Kildare versus the country's best club outfits simply does not come up to scratch, or even close.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:53 am

You might say Mayo are a top county we could realistically aspire to, Dublin and Kerry definitely not, but I would say their club championship is in rude health compared to ours... Provincial chamionships and AI final appearances in recent years. I was hoping this weekend would reveal something new exciting new developments in Kildare football but ultimately the same old same old. Btw I don't have dog in the race just giving my honest assessment of overall quality of club game.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:55 am

The top teams in kildare are a match for any of the top teams
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:25 am

Well remains to be seen Bigball, personally I don't think they are, but maybe Moorefield will surprise me and go on an odyssey this year... And believe me I will be first to congratulate them!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:53 pm

bigball wrote:
The top teams in Kildare are a match for any of the top teams

Based on what and when? Ultimate example of the social media world... because I say it therefore it means as much as someone who argues against it with all the facts.

Moorefield or Celbridge would and will be clubbed shiteless by Leinster's best (Dublin and Portlaoise) yet again. And rather than arguing against reality, let's see them do something. The problem with too much talk is it loses its initial purpose. I mean this out of total respect for Moorefield, but 15 ruthless men can year on year beat asunder far more talented players in our county who retire shorts such are literal skid marks. What does that say about the managers elsewhere and, worse, the lack of Moorefield attitude. And imagine when they get to county.

You want it, go get it. I know in my club they'd rather talk about it than do it. The Laois minor attitude we laugh about is all over our lads. How many county players on today's two losing semi-finalists? I wasn't there but guessing older, stronger more tired men wanted it and they didn't? I understand the club game and two mighty efforts got through and not trying to diminish that. But the bigger picture - all that underage stuff we talk of - we are done for.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:24 pm

Holy crap the animosity for Moorefield is seeping all over this thread no matter how they themselves try to disguise their obvious hatred!.

Leinster club football is often defined by fine margins, a few year ago Moorefield played Portlaoise and even the Portlaoise fans sitting beside me in the stands were embarrassed by the total saddling Moorefield got from the ref, 14 man Moorefield still only lost by 2 points after been absolutely rode senseless by the referee, not long of course after a Moorefield fan made a go at a ref over the mystery penalty that was given against them Tyrellspass I think it was?, so Moorefield were fair game for any ref to get their revenge for one of theirs, alas I never in my whole life sat through a whole match tearing chunks of my hair out of my head at the appalling display by the Cavan ref (if memory serves?), Portlaoise went on to run the Dublin champs close in the final.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:02 pm

Our county team have only won two Leinster titles in the last few decades so it probably tallies that our senior clubs would have a similar number.

Moorefield have some fantastic qualities as a team. They are incredibly dogged and they seem to save their best for the big occasion. If only we could say that about the county team down the years. It's true that they probably have lacked real top quality players outside of Roli but it's amazing how they can consistently turn out a team who are greater than the sum of their parts.

Celbridge looked a well coached side yesterday. They rotated their sweeper very effectively and there was always a player in situ in front of Flynn or Hurley. Tony Archibald and obviously Paddy Brophy have added a lot to their forward line.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Moorefield are in 11 county final since 2000
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   

Back to top Go down

Club Championship
View previous topic View next topic Back to top