Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Club Championship

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:45 am

Cian o Connor has failed in appeal to played in Leinster Final on Sunday
Back to top Go down
jobluts
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:44 pm

Is there a leinster final on Sunday. There is very little debate on here about it.Seems to me there is a little resentment towards the moors reaching the final .There were a few experts on earlier saying it would be a 1st round pasting and so on. We should all be getting behind them that s all
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 pm

The weather has got it. No harm, I didn't fancy heading out today even though we've only had sleet here so far.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:14 am

o Moore park pitch still covered in snow today
Back to top Go down
Tjmm
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:24 am

Moorefield will have a huge challenge this coming weekend. 2 lads in the Leb. 1 suspended. A difficult marking job awaits whoever has to pick up Heslin. Their midfield will have their hands full with Sherry. Daryl has been a great servant to them but his legs have huge mileage on them. Aaron M has huge potential but has to strengthen a bit more i feel before he can start dominating games. He will make the county senior team I reckon though in a few years time. It is great to have a kildare club in the final though. Not too often we can say that. Hopefully there will be a big kildare following to support them on the day. It would be one helluva achievement if they pull it off.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:12 pm

Just a note on the venue, We knew that there was going to be snow around from Thursday for Saturday / Sunday why didnt the leinster council have an alternative venue if O Moore park was unplayable which tuned out to be the case? I'm sure the players dont mind but it should of being played somewhere last weekend.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:52 pm

steviegenius wrote:
Just a note on the venue, We knew that there was going to be snow around from Thursday for Saturday / Sunday why didnt the leinster council have an alternative venue if O Moore park was unplayable which tuned out to be the case? I'm sure the players dont mind but it should of being played somewhere last weekend.

I think people calling these shots were mindful of the weather forecast and indeed the safety of supporters if they had to travel long distances in poor weather conditions and driving home in the dark/freezing conditions after the match.

They say that Navan was playable but what where the road conditions between Westmeath/Kildare and Navan like.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:53 am

Credit to Moorefield. All involved should be extremely proud of that performance today. Keep it going
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:59 am

savage bottle shown. fair play to them
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:07 am

Incredible win, don't know how they keep coming back and doing it was about to turn it off. Roli is incredible. Congrats on a super win Moorefield brilliant for the whole of Kildare football!!
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:10 am

The whole county can be proud of a team like Moorefield. Never know when they are beaten.

Comhghairdeas libh.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:23 am

Most incredible finish to a game I've ever seen.

Sweeney will get most of the plaudits but Éanna O'Connor and James Murray were immense. Could never understand why MOTM awards are awarded when games are still on. Beggars belief none of these three got it.

If our county team had a fraction of the balls this team has, we'd be a force.

Congrats, Moorefield.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:48 am

Amazing win for Moorefield. I thought they were gone when Lomans got the 2nd goal. Great leadership shown by James Murray and Roli, David Whyte played well and it was nice to see Kevin Murnaghan get the winning score. All Kildare teams can learn from the resilience shown by Moorefield.

Some achievement by Ross Glavin as well - winning a Leinster club in his first year in charge. Congratulations to all involved.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:05 am

Only bloody marvelous,,,,,,,,,, Cian was good, David W was great, confining Heslin to one point although he twice hit Roli high in the face and the ref bottled giving the cards he deserved. James Murray was outstanding and the 2 points plus the interception and run to set up the goal but for outstanding brilliance, defending, catching marks, carrying the play, scoring the goal and then cleverly punching the last free back to Kevin there was one Man of the Day....... Well played Roli and congratulations Moorefield,,,,,,,,,,..........
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:00 am

Just wow Moorefield!! Fair fucks to them

Hope Cian O’Neill is looking at James Murray. Some balls on that lad.

Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:28 am

How old is Murray? Have been really impressed with him this year. Roll is one of the best finishers when through on goal that I have seen in this county.
Hopefully he can instil some of that belief in the county team.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:44 am

Murray 24 .
Back to top Go down
Tjmm
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:18 am

Fantastic victory Moorefield. Well done to Frankie, Kevin & Ross. They didn't kick a ball all year, but how many matches have Moorefield won on sheer guts and determination? A fair portion of that came from the management team along with the leaders on the field like Daryl, Roly and James Murray.

Well done to all involved.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:24 am

Massive win for moorefield. Will give massive belief and encouragement to the likes of athy celbridge and sarsfields who could all beat moorefield on their day. Well done moorefield and enjoy celbrations
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:11 am

Congrats Moorefield, a credit to the county. The resolve in their squad is absolutely incredible. As I've said earlier, Dempsey and Masterson two for the future for Kildare, but as other posters have mentioned, a few others have put their hands up this campaign as well.

Will be a very happy Xmas in one half of Newbridge!
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:59 pm

Wow! Jesus as a neutral watching that I felt like I needed a lie-down post match. What a win!
Murray and O´Connor were immense but it was Roli Sweeney's day. He had marks, held the ball up and drove on. Also the poor fecker couldn't buy a free all day and kept the head.

A team that doesn't always match up compared to others in their own county when it comes to star power showed what can be done when everyone puts the shoulder to the wheel and is purely honest about a desire to win it and not give a shite what anyone thinks about them.
I really hope this will lift the county overall and having Roli and Cian inside will bring some of the Moorefield grit more into the set-up.
Sure Roli could throw himself on at the rate he is going! Delighted for him.
Also as I said elsewhere great to have Glavin with Jack O'Connor in his ear too. He is doing some serious learning on the job.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:44 pm

I am lost for words. Never seen anything like that finish before. So glad I was there. A memory I will take to the grave.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:57 pm

Well done Moorefield. Absolutely amazing finish to the game. With all the delays towards the end with subs, black card, red card etc. I thought it was gone from them but they have amazing character and steel to keep going. As mentioned by others Roli was excellent, along with James Murray and David Whyte did a good job marking Heslin. It's great to have a Kildare team still involved after Christmas. Best of luck to them for the rest of the journey. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Daryl was walking up the Croke Park steps to receive another cup on Paddy's Day.

As delighted as I was for Moorefield I have to say I couldn't but feel sorry for St. Lomans. I was sitting up in the middle of their supporters and they were devastated. To have what looked like a certain victory snatched away from them in that manner was a sickening way to lose what was the biggest game in their Club history. Sport can be cruel sometimes.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:41 am

Well done to Moorefield that's grit, determination, never say die attitude and guys willing to sacrifice themselves for the good of the team is the very reason they have been so successful with a bunch of players that may not be as good as the likes of Athy or Celbridge on paper but players from these will always look for the easy way out when they are down a dark hole....
Well done and best of luck to them....
Back to top Go down
Highball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:47 pm

Well done to the moores, the greatest ending to a game involving Kildare interest that ive ever seen.

Was thinking so often Kildare sides would be on the wrong side of a dramatic finish but fair play to them for a man. They went at it like their lives depended on it. Brilliant, gutsy never say die attitude. One or two of them have to be county panellists when all done and dusted.

A brilliant brilliant achievement and although im from the other end of the town, its a great boost for the county to end the year on a high. Congrats to all involved and best of luck against Corofin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   

Back to top Go down

Club Championship
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 28 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next