Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Club Championship

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
AuthorMessage
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:49 am

Corofin's defending was excellent today, Kieran Fitzgerald in particular was outstanding, Corofin adopted a similar structure to what Moorefield used in the county final and Moorefield found it very difficult to beak down.

James Murray was immense for Moorefield, his shoulder on Lundy to dislodge the ball was inspirational stuff, he also got forward to kick a point himself. He will surely be involved with Kildare over the next few weeks.

I also thought Cian O Connor played quite well for Moorefield, Flynn was a loss as it meant they lot a big guy around the middle, the pitch in Tullamore looked very heavy so an extra physical presence could have helped.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:59 am

It's an opportunity lost.. that was there for the taking.
Agree on James Murray, but not sure about others tbh re County.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:02 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Won't be popular - but I'll just be honest after enduring that crap. Aside from about a five-minute spell in the second half, was embarrassed for Kildare football. (People will say Leinster champions but would have been annihilated without Dublin hiccup and rest of province hardly a barometer to proudly measure against, and at least Dublin champions when they did get this far envisaged winning). Didn't want to play football and on odd occasion they tried to, they couldn't play football. I've seen basketball teams kick more. Not a forward in sight either. Dived to get an extra man up for entire game, and after that happy to defend their way to defeat. Indeed by the end when somehow it was there for taking they managed to give it away. Awful, awful, awful.

Ah jayus Tommy your some pain in the hole. You'd depress a valium.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:51 am

Some Muppet Tommy.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:25 am

I always think lads who go after the man and avoid the point show the point is correct.

No wonder we are a county of losers (fact). Celebrating that shi*te, just imagine a Kerry or Tyrone or Dublin forum after that loss. Laughing here. "Who can we bring into the county panel?" Wow.

Is there different bloody air in Kildare. A team with a man advantage for game and who just sat back and were terrified in a club game - who can we bring in to improve the intercounty team with? Really? If you're poor at a lower level... Can people think?
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:12 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
I always think lads who go after the man and avoid the point show the point is correct.

No wonder we are a county of losers (fact). Celebrating that shi*te, just imagine a Kerry or Tyrone or Dublin forum after that loss. Laughing here. "Who can we bring into the county panel?" Wow.

Is there different bloody air in Kildare. A team with a man advantage for game and who just sat back and were terrified in a club game - who can we bring in to improve the intercounty team with? Really? If you're poor at a lower level... Can people think?
would Athy done any better
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:30 am

If that's the level...

Sh*te is sh*te. Diving is diving. Trying to equate it to more sh*te or diving isn't much use. I'm not kidding, the first half today was the worst half of sport I've ever seen in anything.

In terms of GAA, worst team in history to reach last four of All Ireland. Almost glad they aren't in final as 15-points plus on a proper pitch would be charitable. But attitude on here surmises a losing attitude - put lipstick on a pig. Lads and lassies that was hopeless stuff, basically attitude of "Let's hope it snows and is heavy as God forbid we produce a footballer or have to play the sport".

Six points. SIX POINTS. On a dry windless day against 14-men for entire game. And club level. And lads talking intercounty. We've lost the plot. Sure why win when you can make an excuse.

Losers.

Back to top Go down
jobluts
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:37 pm

Tommy dipshit. I for 1 want liam healy brought in to the kildare team set up .Starting at fullback and the team should be built around him.Don't insult him by bringing him into the panel.He has to start
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:11 pm

I think Corofin spent 500e more that Moorefield in their preparation so that would explain why they hadn't a chance to start with Tommy.

In fairness to you, you make some relivent points but you lower the tone to gutter journalism. You haven't a clue of what its like to play the game, when you can see all the problems but the more you try the worst things get. Thats just the way it goes some days. Yes I agree it happens to kildare team more often than not but leave the insults to the so called beautiful game which you seem to be and expert at too.

PS as with forums everyone sees something different but it has nothing to do with the attitude of the players towards winning. Just wanted to make that point also.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:01 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
If that's the level...

Sh*te is sh*te. Diving is diving. Trying to equate it to more sh*te or diving isn't much use. I'm not kidding, the first half today was the worst half of sport I've ever seen in anything.

In terms of GAA, worst team in history to reach last four of All Ireland. Almost glad they aren't in final as 15-points plus on a proper pitch would be charitable. But attitude on here surmises a losing attitude - put lipstick on a pig. Lads and lassies that was hopeless stuff, basically attitude of "Let's hope it snows and is heavy as God forbid we produce a footballer or have to play the sport".

Six points. SIX POINTS. On a dry windless day against 14-men for entire game. And club level. And lads talking intercounty. We've lost the plot. Sure why win when you can make an excuse.

Losers.

Sound like a guy who was waiting in the wings hoping upon hope as to what did transpire yesterday?, must have pained you no end to see Moorefield get this far?, but you got your wish they lost yesterday to a team who won 2 Connaught championships in a row and were all Ireland champs in 2015.

Calling this team terrified and losers is disgracefully disrespectful to their achievements, if anyone was afraid yesterday it was the Moorefield mentors, they've done a great job up till now, but its hard not to be critical of their performance yesterday, of course Corofin deserved respect but I thought the Moorefield mentors were guilty of showing them far too much respect, stuck ridgidly to a game plan of keeping it tight, that game plan should've went straight out the window when Corofin were reduced to 14 leaving Hurley Lynch isolated inside for so long was criminal, Corofin defended superby their workrate was second to none but yet Moorefield still could've of won and maybe would have if Dave Whyte didn't get dispossed a little too easy for the killer goal, and no I don't think it was a foul, I didn't see the sending off incident as my view was blocked so I can't comment.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:09 pm

Some awful stuff on here concerning a club team.

I never expected Moorefield to win this (although the ridiculous refereeing gave them the chance to do so). Moores have a very ordinary bunch of players and I don’t mean that in a derogatory way. Corofin have some quality players like Fitzgerald, Molloy, Sice, Lundy and have proven it time and again. Moorefield have one player who may be intercounty standard but hasn’t even played yet at that level. If being a loser means overcoming that lack of quality the way they have I’d take it any day.

Yes they mis-fired completely, were tactically poor despite having an All Ireland winner on the sideline and they were brainless for the most part. But I’m not going to question their heart or mentality after the season they’ve had.

By the way, build a county team around Liam Healy? - good display yesterday despite the embarrassing dive. But I’ve watched them all year and he’s nowhere near good enough for that level.

Éanna Ó Connor probably quashed his own chances yesterday. Masterson suffers from the same lack of pace as Moolick, Feely and Connell. Would see how he goes at u-20.

James Murray though shows all the hallmarks of a modern day defender and has grown with every game in this campaign into a real inspirational leader. Has to be called up.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:22 pm

kildaregaa365 wrote:
Some awful stuff on here concerning a club team.

I never expected Moorefield to win this (although the ridiculous refereeing gave them the chance to do so). Moores have a very ordinary bunch of players and I don’t mean that in a derogatory way. Corofin have some quality players like Fitzgerald, Molloy, Sice, Lundy and have proven it time and again. Moorefield have one player who may be intercounty standard but hasn’t even played yet at that level. If being a loser means overcoming that lack of quality the way they have I’d take it any day.

Yes they mis-fired completely, were tactically poor despite having an All Ireland winner on the sideline and they were brainless for the most part. But I’m not going to question their heart or mentality after the season they’ve had.

By the way, build a county team around Liam Healy? - good display yesterday despite the embarrassing dive. But I’ve watched them all year and he’s nowhere near good enough for that level.

Éanna Ó Connor probably quashed his own chances yesterday. Masterson suffers from the same lack of pace as Moolick, Feely and Connell. Would see how he goes at u-20.

James Murray though shows all the hallmarks of a modern day defender and has grown with every game in this campaign into a real inspirational leader. Has to be called up.

Yeah when you put things into context Corofin I think have 7 players thought good enough to make the Galway senior panel, Moorefield have as yet no current inter county player.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:24 pm

jobluts wrote:
Tommy dipshit. I for 1 want liam healy brought in to the kildare team set up .Starting at fullback and the team should be built around him.Don't insult him by bringing him into the panel.He has to start
he was Panel last year and only game he played was against galway in salthill
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:00 pm

Would bring in Healy and O Connor to have a look . Kildare lacking in those positions. Murray clearly should be brought in. As usual OTT reaction. Moorefield look to have been set up defensively to combat Corofin attack but red card meant Corofin had to adjust and Moorefield too slow to make a break. Boggy pitch may not have helped but at one stage a caption appeared on TV showing 2 points from 15 scoring opportunities whereas Corofin had 5 from 10. They had the chances but execution was very poor. Footpassing poor. Option taking poor. The game was lost in the first half. If they had got a point or two up Caroline have to come out and you can find spaces easier. 14 v 15 not too bad in club football if you are ahead and can see finishing line. Can't fault the effort or attitude though and a great year for them
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:35 pm

Keep it coming Tommy I have the popcorn out - you've gone full Trump!!
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:39 pm

Have to say I didn't fancy Moorefield either. The quality of Corofin's goal - I actually think that's a level above nearly every other club team except maybe Crokes. And yes, I'm including Tommy's fabled Dublin champions who were taken down by the mighty Rathnew.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:41 pm

I do think in time Dempsey and Masterson will play for Kildare. After an outstanding 2017 normal service resumed from Eanna O'Connor unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:44 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
If that's the level...

Losers.

US should put this post in the Library of Congress for cultural, social and aesthetic importance - it's a literary masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:59 pm

KG365 that "ordinary bunch of Players" will probably breeze to another County Title this Year.. but you're probably right and shows how far off it the rest are.

Moorefield needed someone who could kick points from distance.. Adam Tyrell was maybe the one who could, but didn't last pissing time.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:33 am

When it comes to forward play, the Corofins and Crokes of the world in a different league entirely to Moorefield unfortunately. Moorefield had plenty of possession yesterday but they looked totally clueless at times. Eanna O'Connor and Hurley Lynch outstanding last year, but they both looked out of their depth yesterday, being realistic about it.

Should also be noted for all Tommy's whinging about Moorefield, if you removed the blue-chip teams from the equation (Portlaoise and St. Vincent's) the only teams with more Leinster titles are Eire Og and Kilmacud!
Back to top Go down
Tjmm
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:30 am

Moorefield. S&^%te? Losers? Don't think so on both counts. Forgive me if i use some facts to support the argument rather than mindless hysterics.

If your reference data is Kildare Club GAA, then lets look at that. In terms of the 2017 Leinster Leader League results, they would support the arguement that Moorefield are neither Losers nor S&^te. If you look at the 2017 County Senior Championship, the 2015 & 2016 winners after the 2017 quarter final would not agree that Moorefield are neither sh*&^te nor losers. The much vaunted semi finalists and finalists dispatched by Moorefield would not support that arguement either during the 2017 club county championship.

If your reference data is Leinster Club Championship 2017, Portlaoise who were by all accounts lining themselves up for a long run within the Leinster Club championship, they would not agre either. Rathhnew would not agree also. St Loman's who were big favourites for the Leinster final, they would not agree as well.

If your reference data is the All Ireland Club championship series, then from talking to some of the Corrofin supporters and coaches yesterday, they would all agree that Moorefield put it up to them in a big way.

If your reference data is Leinster Club championship over the last 18 years, then lets look at that. Least not forget the Leinster Final win 2006, however Daryl, Roly and Ross have consistently said that Moorefield should be aiming higher within that Championship on a regular basis, that despite 2 Leinster titles, they have underachieved on a provincial basis. That's the level that they are operating since the turn of the millennium. That's the level they have been operating at within the county over the last 18 years. No current county starting men, but a sheer doggedness across 1-15 and a never say die attitude that has given all Lillywhite supporters something to smile about over the last 4 months, and has given Moorefield brethren a huge smile on their faces since the beginning the start of 2017.

Again. Moorefield. Losers? Sh&^%te? Don't think so. Consistent winners? Never say die attitude? A credit to their supporters? Yes, yes, and yes. The facts support those arguments. We will leave the mindless hysterics to others.

Back to top Go down
Kildaremad
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:58 am

Moorefield were poor yesterday.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:34 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
KG365 that "ordinary bunch of Players" will probably breeze to another County Title this Year.. but you're probably right and shows how far off it the rest are.

Moorefield needed someone who could kick points from distance.. Adam Tyrell was maybe the one who could, but didn't last pissing time.

Yes agree with all that. Tyrell’s actions were idiotic.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:01 pm

Well done to Moorefield on a successful year, obviously I am not a Moorefield person but I think most honest people involved in clubs would love to have the same club ethos, commitment, attitude, determination and drive that they have as a club which actually starts with the players who in the main always seem to want to give to the club and all associated seem to be proud which a lot of clubs around Kildare seem not to.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:25 pm

Missed the match yesterday and just watched it on the player. Despite what some people say, this was woeful stuff from both sides. Woeful refereeing; woeful diving (if anyone had done that against us we'd be up in arms); a woefully inept performance on and off the pitch. If a fourteen man team that kicks seven scores in an hour can't be beaten by even an average team then God help us. And if yesterday's display is the level of Kildare champions then Cian O Neill has performed a first class miracle in getting Kildare to Division 1. The fact is that Corofin are also a club team - and if, as some people argue, Moorefield are not at their level then, surely, that underlines the dearth of talent in the county and the continuing lack of ability to make the most of opportunities when they are offered. I believe everyone on here would love to have seen Moorefield progress but that doesn't mask the fact that they had every opportunity yesterday.
On a more general point - the day was a reasonable one and yet as a spectacle this was horrendous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   

Back to top Go down

Club Championship
Page 30 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next