Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dermot Earley interview

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Dermot Earley interview   Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:53 am

An interview with the legend himself. http://realtalks.ie/podcast/episode-14-dermot-early/
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley interview   Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:29 pm

Really excellent interview with Dermot - thanks for posting that LillieLad.

Back to top Go down
Highball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley interview   Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:44 am

Yeah cheers for that. Really enjoyable listen.
Some interesting bits from it. You can tell how much influence his dad had on career path and his football. That day against Antrim will live long in the memory.
Such a gentleman, a true Kildare legend. The greatest fielder of a ball ive seen in white.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley interview   Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:49 am

Highball wrote:
Yeah cheers for that. Really enjoyable listen.
Some interesting bits from it. You can tell how much influence his dad had on career path and his football. That day against Antrim will live long in the memory.
Such a gentleman, a true Kildare legend. The greatest fielder of a ball I've seen in white.

Ooh.. would I agree with that? Not so sure. Did you ever see Dave Kavanagh in his prime? I was young at the time so maybe am blinkered but I have a great memory of him floating in the air and plucking balls out of the sky for fun. Not sure he did much with it when he arrived back on solid ground but some catcher of a ball in his day. Deserted us for Offaly mind you. Dermot an absolute gentleman and that shines through in the interview which covers so much ground - his Kildare career under Micko, Geezer, his cancer scare and injuries, Army career, his dad's untimely death and that game v Antrim, his GPA role. Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley interview   Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:10 am

Dave Kavanagh? Now that's a blast from the past. Got absolutely cleaned out by him when he was twice my age in a league game. Some fielder.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley interview   Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:57 am

Martin Lynch in his early days was a brilliant fielder. Not everyone's favourite player admittedly, anyone know what's he doing now? Seems to have disappeared off the scene after his county career ended.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley interview   Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:55 am

murof wrote:
Martin Lynch in his early days was a brilliant fielder. Not everyone's favourite player admittedly, anyone know what's he doing now? Seems to have disappeared off the scene after his county career ended.

He's teaching now as far as I know. I think but could be wrong he's in Allenwood National School.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley interview   Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:07 am

Thought Lynch was an accountant but may have remembered that wrong or he switched careers.

Indeed he was another fine fielder. Nuckser was another. Sean McGovern another in the '80s.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley interview   Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:19 pm

Remember Darragh O Se saying Nuckser was in top three high fielders he ever played against nationwide.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley interview   Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:19 am

Funnily enough our 97/98 team was a bit like current Mayo team - very close to the top, brilliant backs and midfield but a bit lightweight upfront.

It's weird because Johnny Doyle was the kind of player we were missing in 98 and Buckley was the kind of player we were missing in 2000.

I also think if Micko had Tompkins and Fahy in early 90s he would have won Leinster during his first stint in charge. Might have beens... that's Kildare football for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley interview   

Back to top Go down

Dermot Earley interview
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1