Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 NFL Div 1 2018

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1640
Join date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:21 am

Only been once for a game and cannot stand the place for competitive football. I know they play there so they can control the gate but soulless and ugly and far from everything if you don't drive.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 3472
Join date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:38 am

steviegenius wrote:
If your thinking of playing home games in Athy your better off playing them in Hawkfield.

I'd say Towers would hold more than Hawkfield.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 609
Join date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:17 pm

You would have to get a park and bus ride from the Curragh Smile to play in towers but its a great pitch
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 3472
Join date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:58 pm

steviegenius wrote:
You would have to get a park and bus ride from the Curragh  Smile  to play in towers but its a great pitch

Train station car park is sizeable.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 2372
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:05 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
steviegenius wrote:
You would have to get a park and bus ride from the Curragh  Smile  to play in towers but its a great pitch

Train station car park is sizeable.

Tesco and the Village car parks are 5min walks away.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1423
Join date : 2013-01-12

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:34 pm

I actually don't care as long is in it's in Kildare. GAA must be only sport in world where home advantage is so happily given up, I honestly find it unbelievable. Anyway, didn't someone say earlier it's being played in Newbridge anyway. So why are we debating... Not like county board to be unclear about anything, heh.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2296
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:44 am

In August Kildare county board meeting re applied for planning permission to add lights and to do all construction work in one phase rather three phases it be cheaper , this permission has began not granted yet by Kildare county’s Council. Kildare county board have not any funds for project costing € 6million .
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1423
Join date : 2013-01-12

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:48 am

Hey - what's the rush... League only starting in a couple of months and football only the main sport in Kildare!!
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 724
Join date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:05 am

Can't see how even with the best will in the world will the county board be in a position to commence works before league fjnishes up next year. We'll be in Conleth's
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2296
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:39 am

jj wrote:
Can't see how even with the best will in the world will the county board be in a position to commence works before league fjnishes up next year.  We'll be in Conleth's
they have no money for project
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1640
Join date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:19 am

GAA is opposite of build it and they will come. As depressing as it is, rather spend money getting kids coached to finally play in an intimidating shit-hole at a very good level, rather than spending it at a nice floodlight venue where standard of players are crap. That's literally the decision.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 396
Join date : 2010-06-25

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:43 pm

See we are penciled in to take on the Duds in our first league game on Sat 27th of Jan. Game down for Croke Park at 19:00 with the Dublin hurlers on before us.

Anyone got their hands on a full fixture list (sun newspaper just has first round games listed)
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 2372
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Dublin in Croke park you say, I'm shocked .
There must be some in joke in the Croke Park fixtures committee that we're oblivious to because that can be the only explanation of having to play them away from home every bloody time.

The stats lads here might be able to tell us, how many league games is it we have had them as an away fixture. It must be a record for consecutive away games to the same team.

Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 396
Join date : 2010-06-25

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:01 pm

Rex, two things to note.

We have on at least one occasion agreed to play them "away" from home for a sum of money.

Also the GAA will tell you that because we have moved a division last years fixtures mean nothing allowing them to place us away form home for 4 games and against whoever as we will not have played them in Div 1 last year.

Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2296
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:00 pm

Kildare have Monaghan tryone mayo Galway Home games

Dublin Kerry Donegal away

Back to top Go down
Fizzer
Junior A
Junior A


Posts : 34
Join date : 2017-01-08

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Sorry Lads but the stadium in Castleblaney is a fabulous venue. The stand is far better than anything we have in Kildare and I imagine it holds at least 5,000. It has floodlights as well.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 3472
Join date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:20 pm

fone wrote:
Kildare have Monaghan  tryone mayo   Galway Home games

Dublin Kerry Donegal away


Settle for that.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2296
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:20 pm

27 January Dublin Croke Park
3 February Monaghan Newbridge
10 February Tyrone Newbridge
24 February Donegal away
3  March.     Mayo Newbridge
18 March Kerry away
25 March Galway Newbridge


Last edited by fone on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 2372
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:26 pm

shoutitout wrote:
Rex, two things to note.

We have on at least one occasion agreed to play them "away" from home for a sum of money.

Also the GAA will tell you that because we have moved a division last years fixtures mean nothing allowing them to place us away form home for 4 games and against whoever as we will not have played them in Div 1 last year.


I understand that, the "giving up" of a home fixture for money was one one the lowest moments for Kildare GAA in recent years. However, I would bet a fair amount of that money it would not have gone ahead in Newridge anyway. As for the moving division excuse, I've heard that before but funny enough we always play them away when we meet again.

If fone's info is correct I would take those set of fixtures all day. Four at home is vital and we should be targeting Monaghan, Galway and Donegal. Mayo are beatable in the early months as are Tyrone who have had a few retirements.

Edit: just seen fone's last post. There is a pivotal month in our entire year beginning at the start of February. For me staying in Div 1 is so important to the development of this team that we should be already focussing on those four games. That will be a massive month in how our year goes. Three home games with a weakened Donegal sandwiched in between


Last edited by Rex on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2296
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:33 pm

Rex wrote:
shoutitout wrote:
Rex, two things to note.

We have on at least one occasion agreed to play them "away" from home for a sum of money.

Also the GAA will tell you that because we have moved a division last years fixtures mean nothing allowing them to place us away form home for 4 games and against whoever as we will not have played them in Div 1 last year.


I understand that, the "giving up" of a home fixture for money was one one the lowest moments for Kildare GAA in recent years. However, I would bet a fair amount of that money it would not have gone ahead in Newridge anyway. As for the moving division excuse, I've heard that before but funny enough we always play them away when we meet again.

If fone's info is correct I would take those set of fixtures all day. Four at home is vital and we should be targeting Monaghan, Galway and Donegal. Mayo are beatable in the early months as are Tyrone who have had a few retirements.

Edit: just seen fone's last post. There is a pivotal week in our entire year right at the start of February. For me staying in Div 1 is so important to the development of this team that we should be already focussing on those two games. That will be a massive week in how our year goes.
the hoganstand published does Fixtures only 10 Minutes ago their site
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Senior
Senior


Posts : 286
Join date : 2010-07-09
Location : JTB

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:41 pm

A home game against Galway????? Shocked
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 3472
Join date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:02 pm

White Bridge wrote:
A home game against Galway????? Shocked

No doubts this will be the crunch tie to avoid relegation.. sorry for the negativity.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1879
Join date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:11 pm

White Bridge wrote:
A home game against Galway????? Shocked

Kildare will have played Galway in their last game 4 times in 7 seasons. The other 3 they were in different divisions! What gives?

Fourteenth successive competitive away game v Dublin dating back to 1995. Seems fair.

Paddy's Week End in the Kingdom though..



p.s. Athy is going to be very busy in Springtime
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Senior
Senior


Posts : 215
Join date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:34 pm

Exact reverse of Cavan's schedule last year. They had Dublin at home in the first game and were away to the other relegated team Roscommon in the final game. With the fixtures coming thick and fast and the games being played at a high tempo Cian isn't going to be able to get away with picking pretty much the same team, bar injuries week in week out like we did for the first 6 league games last year. Really need to develop some depth.
Back to top Go down
ohluckyme
Intermediate
Intermediate


Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:58 pm

Lads all Kildare's League games definitely in Conleth's, capacity is 10,250, Athy is 1000, no brainer, we are constantly giving out about not getting enough games in Croker !!!! Looking forward th o the league already, Mayo, Monaghan, Tyrone and Galway at home gives us a great chance of progress,

LET THE GAMES BEGIN Basketball Basketball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   

Back to top Go down
 
NFL Div 1 2018
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» $600 a seat for Gold Coast CG Opening Ceremony in 2018
» Top Players 2018, 2017
» Top Players 2017, 2018
» NASCAR Cup Series 2018
» 2018 Jeep Wrangler

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: