Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

NFL Div 1 2018

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Highball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:39 pm

That's an excellent draw for us in fairness. 4 at home is great and to get our 2 of our 3 main rivals (you would expect ) for relegation at home is a bonus.

A nice St Patricks week end trip to Kerry aswell. Delighted with that. So much more appetising than the past couple of years when you are up with the big boys
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:57 pm

ohluckyme wrote:
Lads all Kildare's League games definitely in Conleth's, capacity is 10,250, Athy is 1000, no brainer, we are constantly giving out about not getting enough games in Croker !!!! Looking forward th o the league already, Mayo, Monaghan, Tyrone and Galway at home gives us a great chance of progress,

LET THE GAMES BEGIN  Basketball  Basketball

Who the fluck gives out about not enough games in Croker? Can't stand the place and nor can the players clearly.
Back to top Go down
ohluckyme
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:27 am

Ask any player do they enjoy playing there, couldn't give a fuck what you like
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:47 am

Ohluckyus just to have you on the site. I'm glad the players enjoy it so much. Imagine the buzz they'll get if they can find a way to start winning there again.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:40 pm

Forget about Croke Park. We want to establish ourselves in div one. The best way to do that is to play all our games in Newbridge. Lets face it. A good league for Kildare is staying in div one.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:04 pm

Staying up would be great for this group's development - would also buck trend of "middle tier" counties eg. Roscommon, Cavan, Down etc because they all usually just go back down.

One of the (many) things that annoyed me about Jason Ryan was how blasé he was about losing Div 1 status - in retrospect promotion was one of that team's best achievements and then we had Ryan shrugging his shoulders saying Monaghan won Ulster in Div 3!!

Still makes me shudder. Anyway, will take a ruthlessness and resolve not really yet seen in this group (or in Kildare teams historically) but that's the challenge if they want to be a top side and not just another bunch of also-rans.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:24 am

So anyway, club championship out of the way – for me the burning issue for next year is defence.

Players for me who are in the mould we need and worth a try in O'Byrne Cup: Cian O'Donoghue, Mark Dempsey, Tony Archbold. From last year's minors John O'Toole and David Shaw two to keep an eye on. What do people think about Flynn from Celbridge?

Again, for me, O'Grady, Lyons, Byrne, Cribben all fine footballers but need more aggression, to get tighter on people and really show they can blot their opponent out of the game. I'm delighted we're in Div 1 though as we'll have a far better understanding of where we are earlier in the season.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:02 am

Big step up in physicality for 19 year olds to play division 1 next year. 4 games on a tight Newbridge pitch and a heavy pitch up in Donegal will put a premium of physical strength. Outside of the lads brought in last summer it will be difficult to blood many young players while staying up in division 1. Tough needle to thread because we've seen teams like Monaghan, Donegal, Roscommon have a good league campaign in the last couple of years and have little in the tank come the summer.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:23 am

Stay in Division 1. Get to a Leinster final. Perform in same. Get to Super 8s. Perform in same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 1 2018   

Back to top Go down

NFL Div 1 2018
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3