Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:07 am

Lose this and we're dead in the water, win and we can still survive in division 1, my psychic cat tells me Kildare will win and she has never been wrong!
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:56 am

Lads it a must win game tomorrow,win and Monaghan and Tyrone and on no points.It will leave Tyrone comming to Newbridge with no points and kerry to play Monaghan with no points. Don't no if Tyrone are easier to play with no points, or harder!! But we have a great chance in Newbridge.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:36 am

Listening here, half an hour gone, 1-5 to 0-5 down. Sounds like we should be about 1-8 to 0-5 ahead. Awful free-taking, goal missed and goal given up with numbers back. And Paul Cribbin gone for a rugby tackle in midfield with 13 back.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:37 am

For f**k sake. Can't kick frees or shoot from play and expect to stay in Division One? Forget about it.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:56 am

I'm really sick of Football.
Cian will you go and find a few free takers ffs.. it's not as if it's a new problem in Kildare.. we won't get away with missing frees at this level.... FFS most Club Teams in the County have 2 free takers.
No place for sentiment in Management.
Back to top Go down
MD
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:58 am

Couldn’t make it today but from listening to it on KFM sounds like we threw it away again. Really can’t be missing four apparently scorable frees in division 1. Bitterly disappointing to lose that game. Leaves us with a mountain to climb. I don’t fancy us against Tyrone or Kerry or Donegal. Traditionally we have a horrendous record against Galway too. In fairness from listening to the radio it doesn’t sound like we played terribly and the defence did well, but we have to win our homes games, it’s as simple as that. And we didn’t. Missed opportunity, cranked up the pressure that little more. Very disappointing.
Back to top Go down
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:08 am

Depressing. On this display It’ll be a short year. You just get browned off with it all.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:22 am

the free taken was awful today..
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:01 am

Free taking was shocking today as was decision making, we took two very scoreable freesshort today in search of goals and didn’t get scores off either of them. Jimmy Hyland will probably start next week even if it is only to kick frees.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:30 am

How can you win any game with the forwards we had starting today? McNally and Conway are nowhere near good enough, Flynn had one of his disinterested days and Healy loses the ball in contact which is down to his size rather than effort. Only Cribben and McCormack looked county standard until Brophy am Kelly came on.
Midfield is slow and awkward and our defense wide open as usual. We are not a div 1 team on today's display. We will do well to win one game
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:39 am

I think the last 2 mins summed us up today. Had to work very hard to get into a scoring position but no one wanted to take responsibility to take the shot. Pass it to the next in line who passed it off again and around it went before taking a shot from a position that was worse than the previous 5 oppertunites.

First half was as bad as I've seen us play. It was slow and laboured with no imagination. Very few off the shoulder runs, lots of lateral passing, followed by trying to run through Monaghan players who inevitably stripped them of the ball. Goal came from a runner straight down the middle again.

Yes free taking was poor but Feely was the best player we had. Our kickout strategy is bewilldering. If its not kicked to Feely they don't look like they know what to do.

Conway is lost, he's not a forward but he dosen't fill back into defence. I'm not sure what they want him to do.

We are certains for relegation now. It was a must win and we never turned up for half the game. What makes it even more galling was Monaghan were there to be beat.

I'll not mention the official as he's not worth it.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:43 am

I agree about the decision making. The 2nd of those quick free kicks was never on and came just when we had good momentum, scoring the first 3 points of the 2nd half. Add in the misssed frees, shots dropped short, Hail Mary effort at the end and crazy black card - we only have ourselves to blame for losing today.

One big difference between the 2 teams was the tackling/intensity. Monaghan forced numerous turnovers today by bottling up the man in possession while we gave away a lot of frees by grabbing st the man with one hand. Not sure if we've improved much in this area - maybe we should look at getting ina new defensive coach to help out?

The main positive today was the performance of Ben McCormack who was prepared to take on his man, got 3 points and won a lot of frees. Hope his injury isn't too bad.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:01 am

Kildare had more turnovers today than you'd find in Bradbury's bakery.
I haven't kicked a ball in anger in twenty years but I'd have fancied my chances with at least four of the frees in the first fifteen minutes. I had that awful feeling after they'd been missed that they were going to count. Overall the first half performance was tedious and woeful.
I was behind the Kildare goal for Monaghan's goal and the defending for that was shocking.
For fifteen minutes of the second half I thought we might do it but, as others have said, Monaghan were intense in their tackling; clever in their several Trumpian injuries (fake, fake, fake!!!) and good at cutting through us. It always seemed they could go up a gear - the result of a few years in Division 1 I'd guess.
I thought we had gone up a season too early this year; I think we will go back down but IF we can come back up next year I think we may be a different proposition but only if we can find two freetakers. It's depressing to be looking to next year on the first Sunday in February and, indeed, unless things intensify (and hopefully they will) the Leinster journey could be shorter than anticipated this year.
Depressing today? Yes. Do we have the players with the ability and mentality to succeed? As of now, I doubt it.
And the refereeing? He wasn't the only factor in our losing but his black card ration seemed always to be set on favouring us!
Hate to mention it but this time twenty years ago we were setting out on the road to a September Sunday!
For me, McCormack was our man of the match, followed by the umpire at the Kilcullen end whose serious injury when felled by the Monaghan and Kildare players thankfully proved to be a fraction short of fatal.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:05 am

I wouldn't be overly harsh on the players . It's a learning curve in Div.1 , particularly against teams at our level who have been operating in Div 1 for a number of years. But some questions have to be asked of management .

Why did Brophy not start
Why did Callaghan come in
What are we doing in training that we can't prepare for defensive teams and what they bring
Are we practicing Frees.
Do we do any tackling or defensive coaching

Address these we won't be to far off the chasing pack of Dublin Mayo and Kerry
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:12 am

Xavi wrote:
I wouldn't be overly harsh on the players . It's a learning curve in Div.1 , particularly against teams at our level who have been operating in Div 1 for a number of years. But some questions have to be asked of management .

Why did Brophy not start
Why did Callaghan come in
What are we doing in training that we can't prepare for defensive teams and what they bring
Are we practicing Frees.
Do we do any tackling or defensive coaching

Address these we won't be to far off the chasing pack of Dublin Mayo and Kerry
paddy brophy has back injury from last week and not did not train until Thursday night . .kildare have problems when trying to break down defensive teams over last several years Kildare are afraid kick a long point in game t
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:41 am

Naive and paid the price, but seriously, we could and should have converted at least 4 of those frees, you just leave the ground shaking your head knowing that is yet another one we left behind, the frustrating thing is I believe we are not that bad, but they are the most frustrating team to support, probably just change the title of the thread for next week to Tyrone because the story will be the same......
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:17 am

Harsh to blame O’Neill for the frees debacle, everyone was on last year about how Feely was doing a good job with them.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:28 am

I remember reading here last year a clap on the back and all that its only feb lads and and I think this group over achieved getting to div 1 so its a huge learning act for all when whole panel fit is time to judge getting to a leinster final and last 8 has to be more important ?
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:52 am

OK, not trying to distract from the match, but I was on the Hill, paid my €15 in but why oh why are the ' Lily Whites '  wearing Green. At times it was hard to tell one team from the other, and not just me, loads of people said the same, county board please explain.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:55 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
OK, not trying to distract from the match, but I was on the Hill, paid my €15 in but why oh why are the ' Lily Whites '  wearing Green. At times it was hard to tell one team from the other, and not just me, loads of people said the same, county board please explain.
Croke Park set rules .why Kerry wearing gold last night
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:09 am

Can anybody explain to me,what are we doning with Eamon Callaghan .Had 2 great Chances in last 6 minutes. If that what experiences is i give up . Don't like giving out about players , he owes kildare noting great player but he should call it a day. Is he the future!!!
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:14 am

The best way to learn is playing with the big boys, I would argue that staying in division 1 was essential for development, that looks over now but when I see the likes of Galway winning their first 2 games I am envious because I believe they are not any better than Kildare.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:53 am

I understand why people would think we'll go down - I think we probably will too - but the amount of people saying "it's over" is a bit over-dramatic. There are three teams on no points and two on two points. It's not over.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:56 am

No disrespect but jaysus Leper and Mcnally. They're simply not at the races. I do not mean any disrespect but how can anybody say McNally is one of the best forwards in this county? Not an intercounty footballer. As for Leper, he has had his day. Well passed it by now.

Obviously we've problems all over the field but if we don't have the right lads to kick the ball over the bar we're going to be at nothing. Nobody up front took any initiative throughout the whole game except from Ben McCormack. Our Support play in general was poor but it was particularly flawed as far as our forwards were concerned. When any of our forwards did manage to win a ball they were duly surrounded by Monagahan backs but nobody rushed to help them out. Flynn was left on his own on many an occasion.

At least Niall Kelly showed some quality here and there. What's so disappointing was that this was within our grasp to even draw the match. A huge opportunity missed. We haven't a hope against Tyrone I fear.
Back to top Go down
e.s.b.
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:41 am

Very disappointing to lose a game that we should have won and it could cost us come end of campaign, but I wouldn't be all despondent. Despite all the mistakes and poor decision making and missed chances, we still should have beaten a seasoned Div 1 team. There were plenty of positives in the displays of Hyland, oGrady, Doyle, McCormack and Brophy and we are still capable of winning the games required to stay up. These are the games that this team needs to learn and develop
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb   

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Monaghan, 4 Feb
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next