Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Relegation battle remaining fixtures

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:34 am

Kildare : Donegal away , Mayo home, kerry away , Galway

Donegal: Kildare away , Tyrone away , Monaghan away ,mayo home

Tyrone. Monaghan away, Donegal home , mayo away ,Kerry home

Monaghan Kerry home , Tyrone home , Galway away ,Donegal home , Dublin away

Mayo. Dublin home , Kildare away Tyrone home Donegal away
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:56 pm

its not going to get easier ,but donegal away will suit kildare both teams need a win so maybe it could be an open high scoring game it might suit flynn and get the confidence up again he looked off the pace in last few games sometimes the away game might ease the pressure donegal are similar to kildare they lost out by a small margin in their games
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:37 am

Not looking good.
One win at best imo
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:16 am

Wins against Donegal, Mayo and a last-second winner against Galway to stay up.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:48 am

What tablets are you on Tommy?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:05 am

The ones Kildare need to get on.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:15 am

Beat Donegal and Mayo, then Galway are already safe and can’t reach the final so send a 4th string team to play Kildare to try to relegate Mayo?!?! Probably only hope we have!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:22 pm

James Murray coming in after Moores' campaign over apparently. Hopefully not for a while.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:03 am

I’d have Murray straight in the team in Ballyshannon. No joke.

Inspirational performance again today. That tackle on Lundy and pops up within 30 seconds with a point at the other end.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:07 am

K365 – agree 100 percent. Put him in there in place of Byrne, end of.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:56 am

Yep that was my thinking HG
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:59 am

No doubt in my mind either. The type of defender we are desperate for. A leader as well. Don't care who he comes in for but he's needed.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:08 am

Monaghan 1-13 kerry 0-14
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:45 am

Terrible result for us. But no one to blame but ourselves as we should have beaten them three weeks ago.

Can't see us getting anything next week either. I'm afraid the damage has been done.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:26 am

It also puts it into perspective when people are comparing levels of performances and talking about losing runs etc.
Back to top Go down
Kildaremad
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:56 am

Would you stop being so negative. Will you wait and see how they get on over the next few weeks.  I'm sick of lads looking into their crystal ball and writing the team off for the next 4 games . I can't wait to see them play up in Donegal and down in kerry on St. Patricks day. It's better than heading to Enniskillen or Ennis like we did over the last few years.  If they get a win great !
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:36 am

Kildaremad wrote:
Would you stop being so negative. Will you wait and see how they get on over the next few weeks.  I'm sick of lads looking into their crystal ball and writing the team off for the next 4 games . I can't wait to see them play up in Donegal and down in kerry on St. Patricks day. It's better than heading to Enniskillen or Ennis like we did over the last few years.  If they get a win great !

You're probably right, but I'm a Kildare supporter and thus I have a naturally negative predisposition when talking all things football.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:38 am

Round 4 games

MAYO v DUBLIN MONAGHAN V Tyrone. Saturday night. Donegal v Kildare. Kerry v Galway Sunday

Round 5 games

Tyrone v Donegal Dublin v Kerry Saturday night Galway v Monaghan Kildare v Mayo Sunday

Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:38 am

Ogie wrote:
It also puts it into perspective when people are comparing levels of performances and talking about losing runs etc.

The losing run is against teams from across 3 divisions. What’s your point?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:40 pm

kildaregaa365 wrote:
Ogie wrote:

The losing run is against teams from across 3 divisions. What’s your point?

We had this discussion already on Twitter! The point is, that in my opinion, evaluating a loss in Division 1 on the same level asa win in Division 2 or a win over Meath in the championship just doesn't make sense - that the loss is probably a better performance -  that the run includes the last two championship games, one of those against the best team in the land for the last few years -  six months of inactivity  - and games against teams that are competing at a higher level for longer in terms of Division 1 and their provincial / All-Ireland championships. It is not a stat that has any value when trotted out. It doesn't mean anything only to garner a reaction or make a headline. Like the Moorefield are cowards stuff because they lose an All-Ireland semi-final by a goal to the former champions, even though Kildare teams have been in two All-Ireland semi-finals ever, and Moorefield have clearly shown time and again, that they are not cowards and have clearly gotten the absolute best out of themselves this century.

That is just my opinion. I have proven time and again that I have no more clue than any other man. But my opinion hasn't changed which is why I post less. Don't want to be boring people, even if it's what I do for a living. But despite what I do for a living, I hate the modus operandi of trolling for a reaction. Because reacting to one game or one result has no bearing on reality. As a racing man, I would say you have to look at the form in the book over a period of time. Anyway, nothing you've not seen me write before.
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:12 pm

Is there anyone on here going to back kildare at 9/4 away to Donegal on current form??
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:13 pm

I will.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 am

I do think a bit too much is being made out of losing streak. Yes, Armagh result very disappointing – but Mayo had to throw kitchen sink at Derry and Cork last summer just to barely get over the line. They also could have lost to Clare.

As for League, we shit our pants as usual once Dubs banged in a goal, followed up by two epic struggles with Monaghan and Tyrone. I know what a bona fide disaster of a season looks like - not to mention names, but Jason Ryan springs to mind - but I don't think we're a million miles off the pace. Some points would be nice mind.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:28 am

Some poor free taking, a couple of silly black cards and a few unfortunate injuries cost us 4 points. A few years ago we had some really bad defeats at home, this time its different even if the lack of points is the same.
I think the team might actually play better away from home as they will probably feel less pressure. Be nice to see McCormack finish a game, cant remember the last time he did so. Definitely like to see more of Jimmy Hyland, thought he looked good when he came on.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:45 am

its a 3 horse race now kildare ,tyrone , and donegal and most games lost by the odd score ,win this and its game on bigtime
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Relegation battle remaining fixtures    

Back to top Go down

Relegation battle remaining fixtures
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next