Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Kildare v Donegal

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
fone
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2569
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:41 am

hawker wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:
No - it does matter how many Donegal players weren't sent off because it had a massive influence on the game. O'Neill I'm afraid is totally right; if there is one set of rules for one team, and another for the other side, it has to be called out. Arguments from Tommy and Hawker very weak I have to say.

To explain, again:

1. It makes no sense that Gough let play go on in those circumstances.

2. He did not inform the linesman and goalkeeper of what was happening.

3. Having made this wrong decision, he then at least should remain consistent by sending off multiple Donegal players.

The idea that the ref not applying the rules correctly is "looking for excuses" is laughable. It was an egregious mistake that will likely have a massive bearing on Kildare's season.

Were multiple Donegal player booked?

We're always the victims.
one player from each team where warned about having no gumshield before Eoin Doyle it was said on tv Sunday night . Waterford had player yellow carded on Saturday against Carlow for not wearing gumshield
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1728
Join date : 2013-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:43 am

And what about afterwards when several players didn't have them?! Does not add up from any angle.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 338
Join date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:44 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Following Gough's logic, several should have been sent off. Again – would advise to consult the RULE BOOK.

What is the punishment for no gumshield?
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2569
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:47 am

hawker wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Following Gough's logic, several should have been sent off. Again – would advise to consult the RULE BOOK.

What is the punishment for no gumshield?
yellow card and also not covered by insurance
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 338
Join date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:51 am

fone wrote:
hawker wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Following Gough's logic, several should have been sent off. Again – would advise to consult the RULE BOOK.

What is the punishment for no gumshield?
yellow card and also not covered by insurance

Thank you.

Therefore the referee could not have sent off several Donegal players for not having a gumshield unless they were booked already. Just like our captain.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1728
Join date : 2013-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:52 am

Yes - but several without them were also not cautioned. So, once again, your argument does not stack up.

Also, ref WRONG to let play continue around Doyle – READ RULEBOOK!!!
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2569
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:59 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Yes - but several without them were also not cautioned. So, once again, your argument does not stack up.

Also, ref WRONG to let play continue around Doyle – READ RULEBOOK!!!
saying different in Irish Independent today
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1728
Join date : 2013-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:01 am

Well, the Indo is wrong. Have read that piece and the ref quoted is all over the place. Seriously is it any wonder so many decisions are overturned on appeal in the GAA.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2569
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:05 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Well, the Indo is wrong. Have read that piece and the ref quoted is all over the place. Seriously is it any wonder so many decisions are overturned on appeal in the GAA.
You always right
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 338
Join date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:08 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Yes - but several without them were also not cautioned. So, once again, your argument does not stack up.

Also, ref WRONG to let play continue around Doyle – READ RULEBOOK!!!

You asked earlier why several were sent off. MAKE YOUR MIND UP. See what I did there.

And Doyle as our captain was wrong not to wear his mouthguard. Especially when he was on a yellow card. But I suppose that's someone elses fault too.

Always the victim.

Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 323
Join date : 2010-07-09
Location : JTB

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:10 am

HG I generally enjoy your mails and I've commented previously how positive you are when the rest of us thing it's the end of the world.

However, if I was to list the top 10 reasons why we lost on Sunday, Doyle's sending off would probably be number 5 or 6 on my list.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 338
Join date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:12 am

fone wrote:
hawker wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:
No - it does matter how many Donegal players weren't sent off because it had a massive influence on the game. O'Neill I'm afraid is totally right; if there is one set of rules for one team, and another for the other side, it has to be called out. Arguments from Tommy and Hawker very weak I have to say.

To explain, again:

1. It makes no sense that Gough let play go on in those circumstances.

2. He did not inform the linesman and goalkeeper of what was happening.

3. Having made this wrong decision, he then at least should remain consistent by sending off multiple Donegal players.

The idea that the ref not applying the rules correctly is "looking for excuses" is laughable. It was an egregious mistake that will likely have a massive bearing on Kildare's season.

Were multiple Donegal player booked?

We're always the victims.
one player  from each team where warned about having no gumshield before Eoin Doyle it was said on tv Sunday night . Waterford had player yellow carded on Saturday against Carlow for not wearing gumshield

Therefore anyone with a degree of sense would have thought 'hold on here now this fella is pulling lads for no mouthguards. I'm on a yellow. I better sort myself'.

So he was sent to the sideline and fields the kickout and then expects the ref to be lenient towards him regardless of the fact the play should have been held up. I'm sorry but that's ridiculous stuff from any player never mind a captain.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 338
Join date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:13 am

White Bridge wrote:
HG I generally enjoy your mails and I've commented previously how positive you are when the rest of us thing it's the end of the world.

However, if I was to list the top 10 reasons why we lost on Sunday, Doyle's sending off would probably be number 5 or 6 on my list.

I wasn't there but from listening to the commentary I would agree with that.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1728
Join date : 2013-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:41 am

Well, everyone knows my position on it – I think Gough was totally wrong and Doyle's sending off massively impacted our attempt to stay in Div 1.

Btw, this isn't a one-off for me – I have an ongoing issue with how shockingly poor football officials are in general and I've been consistent on it with other counties as well (2010 Leinster final anyone?!).

But clearly, there is not going to be consensus on this incident. Best if we all move on in that case.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1223
Join date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:42 am

Just curious, do those who were there on Sunday think we might have won if we hadn't conceded that goal? Or was the damage done earlier with the missed chances? As someone said earlier we seem to be finding new ways to lose.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 323
Join date : 2010-07-09
Location : JTB

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:48 am

For me the harm was done with the misses in the first half
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 2460
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:50 am

Doesn't help when your Goalkeeper throws one in with 5 to go. We don't help ourselves.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 455
Join date : 2011-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:54 am

A point in the discussion - HG - if, as you say, the decision to stop or not stop the game is at the referee's discretion then Gough had no legal obligation to stop the game?
As to the match costing us relegation - that really depends on how we do in the remaining three games. A win in Donegal, of itself, would not keep us up.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1728
Join date : 2013-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:13 am

TOM - good point (which no one else has bothered to ask I note). Ref has to decide whether it's right or wrong to stop the game and in that instance I do believe he was wrong not to stop it. I honestly think if you vigorously pursued this through appeal – being au fait with the process – you would successfully make that point.

Ref also needs to maintain control and make it clear to players and officials what's happening - Gough also failed to do that.

As I say, though, it's done and dusted and we are most likely getting relegated. Happy days!!
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 338
Join date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:16 am

It doesn't matter what you believe. Its the ref that is the man in the middle,
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1728
Join date : 2013-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:20 am

It does actually matter what I believe as the rules of the game are open to interpretation. Gough I'm afraid got it wrong.

Btw the implication of your post is that we do away with the appeals process – insanity.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1728
Join date : 2013-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:23 am

I'm glad there has been such a vigorous debate about this issue as it has succeeded in making it clear how hilariously awful Gough's decision was.

But we've made it clear - it doesn't matter if play has started, just as long as in David Gough's head it has started!!

Doesn't matter if players, officials, management, supporters and commentators don't know what's happening. As long as David Gough does, that's the important thing.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1728
Join date : 2013-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:30 am

I could go on picking holes in this, but again from a legalistic viewpoint, rulebook doesn't say that Gough is NOT obliged to stop play in such a circumstance.

Btw - this is still a Kildare forum, yeah?!

Anyway, matter's closed, we're getting relegated. Nice one!
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 338
Join date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:43 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
I could go on picking holes in this, but again from a legalistic viewpoint, rulebook doesn't say that Gough is NOT obliged to stop play in such a circumstance.

Btw - this is still a Kildare forum, yeah?!

Anyway, matter's closed, we're getting relegated. Nice one!

Laughing Laughing

Talk about spitting the dummy out
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 819
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:06 am

My issue with it is that play was actually stopped waiting for the kick out, having identified that Eoin Doyle was not wearing the required gum shield he should not have re started the game until Eoin had left the playing field.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    

Back to top Go down
 
Kildare v Donegal
Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Martin Doyle
» Man gets six years for stabbing girlfriend
» Deirdre O'Flaherty
» Report of the The Bloody Sunday Inquiry Volume 1
» Mary Boyle

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: