Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare v Kerry

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:42 pm

shoutitout wrote:
Any truth that some lads went for drinks after the match on Saturday night that were not sanctioned by CON???
Will we now see a big change to the team sheet for Sunday?
up to 6 players went for drinks after match
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:22 pm

27 players might seem a lot but I'd like to know how much game time 6 or 7 of those actually got. As TC said coming on for black cards or late injuries is a forced move by the manager.
The problem most of us have is the starting 15 and particularly the defence has not varied much.
We may have changed the forwards more but Conway has started all the matches even though he is a far better defender than a forward.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:17 pm

Mark Sherry played with TMH Yesterday which was interesting.. did any other panellists play with their Clubs yesterday ?.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:59 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Sorry Ogie, maybe my post was confusing.. it just looks like CON isn't keen on the rest outside the core of 18 - 20 he's settled on.. maybe they are not ready yet and hopefully will be in time.
Are there others good enough ?. . Not so sure tbh.. maybe the League will throw up a few Candidates.

No, I was just saying he has to pick a panel of 30 or 35 - he might think 10 of them aren't up to it - but no doubt you might have thought a few more would have gotten a go from the start, especially when they were losing games, though a lot of lads have gotten game time. Obviously a few more did yesterday but that was a dead rubber and by the sounds of things, was played in that fashion so not fair to judge the new lads on that.

What you'd like to hear is them turning each other upside down in training over the next month.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:08 pm

If we've lost McCormack, L Flynn, Healy it's a shocking blow. Really reduces depth of squad.
Back to top Go down
Highball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:18 pm

Whatever about the speculation of off field issues - On field we were a disaster yesterday.

Even though we had our 15 wides, the scoreline didn't flatter Galway and they won at an absolute canter. No point in fooling ourselves , their B team walked all over us.

All the old failings on show, lazy tackles, too far off men, working a good position for a score and not taking the risk and then reworking to a worse position which resulted in desperado stuff.

The teams morale looked completely shot, even the new guys in.

I thought it was telling at the end, there was no group warm down/debrief. The whole squad left the pitch in ones and twos , heads down looking sheepish. It was depressing to see and will take a massive effort to turn this around.

Yesterday was an ideal opportunity (opposition wise / weather wise / location wise) to give it a shot in the arm. Something to build upon for championship and finish a poor campaign on a high. They never gave it a chance, even some of the new lads in (and recalled lads) seemed to buy into the recent malaise.

Aaron O Neil's kick outs were some weapon but it seemed at times our lads weren't expecting the distances he was kicking and were oblivious to knock ons.. Simple simple things lads. I may be a bar stool pundit but if I can see it surely management but more importantly the players themselves can see it. In game management !! Also thought O Neil could have been given a shot at some of the late frees. Try something different. It was a painful 70 minutes.

For me, Aaron (one mistake aside) had a fine debut and Kevin Flynn showed some encouragement but there wasn't much else to take from yesterday.

A very depressing day for the squad. I completely agree we shouldn't resort to personal attacks and abuse based on speculation but justified criticisms based on the footballing evidence of yesterday and this past 3 months is ok with me. These are big boys we are dealing with. Take it on the chin , pin up these criticisms on the dressing room wall if needs be, I don't care. Anything to provoke some sort of a reaction.

I want to see Kildare win - That's all I care about. If they don't win I want to see a genuine effort in trying.

For me although the former was a write off this campaign, its the latter which frustrates me more. There were at least 2 games this campaign where the combined efforts have not been up to scratch.

Anyway, rant over. I hope they dust themselves off, are as honest as hell with each other and start tearing lumps out of each other in training to prove me and many other doubters wrong. Theres nothing I would love more. Tough few weeks ahead - Cil Dara Abu.

Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:30 pm

Highball I agree - it's been appalling the way they've thrown in towel at tail end of this campaign. Compare and contrast with the the never say die spirit of the Monaghans and Mayos. It doesn't sit right with me AT ALL.

They are still capable of having a good championship but do they have the backbone to knuckle and down and crack on again? We shall see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Kerry
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5