Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare v Kerry

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
jobluts
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:38 am

F--- this be honest .The kildare lads are surrounded be deluded fools telling them they are doing well. Someone has to tell brophy etc. you are a gobshite.This is unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:50 am

Paddy was at fault tonight but as a group, we must be one of the most ill disciplined teams in the country. I am open to correction on this but we have had a player ordered off in every game this year (black or red card) bar the Tyrone game.

From what I remember of the black cards, none were “good” black cards, fouls that stopped the opposition scoring a goal.
Back to top Go down
Highball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:14 am

Back to division 2 at lightning speed .. bloody hell .. not our worst showing of the year tonight and to be honest the damage was done well before tonight’s loss - Monaghan and Tyrone losses killed us. Even one of those wins and we would have something to aim for against Galway.

Plenty to work on , we know most of the faults and let’s hope for a positive league finish against Galway. We owe them one
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:35 am

Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:40 am

We're not good enough.. simple as.
won't be to many at the next game.

Is there not a freetaker in the County good enough ?.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:15 pm

I'll say it... If Kildare don't reach the Super Eights we are looking for a new manager. And rightly so. Jason Ryan got far worse for less. It's not just the results but lack of improvement. What do they do midweek? If I went to a bar I'd improve more as a footballer.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:24 pm

Far more embarrassed for some posters here than I am for anyone on the team.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:28 pm

From some of your tweets Tommy I though thats where you spent most of your time.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:48 pm

Feely let grounds on crutches and foot in protective boot
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:48 am

Very disappointing to see management leave Feely on the pitch for a good 10 mins after he picked up injury.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:58 am

Heard a very short clip of CON saying Kildare are not good enough for Div 1 - which seems true. So are the players not playing to their potential due to mismanagement or are they being managed but unable to implement the tactics? I don't know the answers but I would certainly be worried about ability and/or frame of mind come championship time.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:06 am

flourman wrote:
Very disappointing to see management leave Feely on the pitch for a good 10 mins after he picked up injury.
injury happened in frist second of match and taken off on 28 Minute
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:20 am

Maybe we're just not at the level needed and this group are at Div 2 level and not much anyone can do.
Cavan, Roscommon etc are no better or worse.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:46 am

Hard to believe it could go so wrong after an encouraging display in the Leinster final. I don't think the team are as bad as they have looked but they seem to be a team that need confidence to play well.
I have absolutely no idea where that confidence is going to come from and actually fear we could through the year without a win. It's a huge test for the management and they may regret not rotating the players more and sticking with virtually the same players for all the games.
I'd actually welcome a return to div 2 now.
Back to top Go down
Nk43
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:19 am

I find it really difficult at times to read some of the posts on this forum. To pick out individuals and criticize them is not beneficial to anyone. No player who devotes their time and you could say their lives to Kildare GAA goes out with an intention not to play well. If I was a player and read these posts I would nail my boots to the wall . I would love to know how many people on this forum have played with their county and given the commitment these lads give . Even though this league hasn’t gone our way on the overall they performed quiet well with narrow margins of defeat . A player would want to be made of steel to read some of the comments without having some baring on his mental health . I don’t mean to wrap them in cotton wool but there is limit.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:45 am

If you want to resort to personal abuse Jim, you clearly don't have much of a point to make.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:08 am

Nk43 wrote:
I find it really difficult at times to read some of the posts on this forum. To pick out individuals and criticize them is not beneficial to anyone. No player who devotes their time and you could say their lives to Kildare GAA goes out with an intention not to play well. If I was a player and read these posts I would nail my boots to the wall . I would love to know how many people on this forum have played with their county and given the commitment these lads give . Even though this league hasn’t gone our way on the overall they performed quiet well with narrow margins of defeat . A player would want to be made of steel to read some of the comments without having some baring on his mental health . I don’t mean to wrap them in cotton wool  but there is limit.

Difference between criticizing someone’s play and criticizing someone personally. Which posts are you referring to in particular? I’m particularly sensitive to this as I try to be fair but honest when writing up match reports but am always conscious of the danger of playing the man not the ball. For instance I think it’s fair to criticise Hyland’s performances at full back (but am at pains to say he’s a good player and shouldn’t be playing full back).

Anything in particular you think is below the belt in the posts here?

The old “don’t comment unless you’ve played inter county football “ is bollox frankly. 45 years watching almost every Kildare game has to count for something.

Last edited by kildaregaa365 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:11 am

Possible Div 2 next year:

Donegal/Mayo
Kildare
Tipperary
Cork
Clare
Meath
Armagh
Longford

If anyone thinks we’ll walk back to Div 1 think again.

Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:29 am

Much of a muchness but it wouldn’t surprise me if Tipp beat Cavan to the 2nd promotion place. Div2 will not be a walk in the park next year by any stretch of the imagination.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:38 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
If you want to resort to personal abuse Jim, you clearly don't have much of a point to make.

Sorry Tommy my smiley face never appeared, very much meant as a joke.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:22 am

Nk43 wrote:
I find it really difficult at times to read some of the posts on this forum. To pick out individuals and criticize them is not beneficial to anyone. No player who devotes their time and you could say their lives to Kildare GAA goes out with an intention not to play well. If I was a player and read these posts I would nail my boots to the wall . I would love to know how many people on this forum have played with their county and given the commitment these lads give . Even though this league hasn’t gone our way on the overall they performed quiet well with narrow margins of defeat . A player would want to be made of steel to read some of the comments without having some baring on his mental health . I don’t mean to wrap them in cotton wool  but there is limit.

Have to agree with 365 here, nothing personal has been said. If players can't take criticism then they have no business playing County football. Every County's supporters are the same and I reference Paudi O'Shea's "fucking animals" quote as regards Kerry fans. Hasn't done them any harm in fact it might toughen them up a bit by removing the cotton wool that surrounds them.

As for yesterday like Mayo you could write pages on it. They just seemed to have forgotten how to do the basics. What epitomiseed this league campaign was a 30 second segment in the first half where Kerry were attacking, we won the ball back, tried to work it out, dropped it, three Kildare players had the chance to go down and pick the ball up, they tried on two occasions but we're unable to do a skill they have done a thousand times the ball bounced off a toe back to Kerry forward who found a teammate where it was tapped over.
A simple act of picking the ball off the ground was beyond 3 of them. Funny thing the exact same thing happened last week where a Kildare player with all the time he wanted fell over trying to pick the ball up and Mayo countered and scored.

I like O'Neill a lot, but his decision to leave certain players in certain positions is baffling considering their poor form. Secondly, his unwillingness to try different players throughout the league. The same basic 17 players have been used and they have lost every game. He'll probably change it for Galway when it doesn't matter.
Lastly the lack of tackling technique and ability to stand a player up is beyond a joke now. We have no idea how to stop attacks. All this we new 2 years ago yet no one with know how has been brought in to sort this area out.

This team would improve 50% overnight if someone showed them how to tackle.

Where do we go from her is anyone's guess.

Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:49 am

I always felt division 2 will be tough, people thought we would waltz back up, think again, we ae where we belong, at the moment mid division 2. it's super eights or management team needs to consider their position, Feeley probably gone for early championship. 365 your views and match reports are consistently the most balanced on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:12 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
Report on tonight.   When will I get to write about a win again?

http://kildaregaa365.com/index.php/kerry-0-19-kildare-0-14-lilies-flunk-test-despite-flynn-masteclass/

Not too much to cheer about these days, but credit where credit due, Kildaregaa 365, I look forward to reading your reports, and I think your points and observations are bang on. An absolute must read for those who can not make matches, so refreshing from the normal newspaper reports.

Keep up the good work, and hopefully at some stage you will get to report on a win!!!
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:29 am

Just imagine if Daniel flynn played for kerry pat Spillane never gave him a mention he took the kerry full back to the cleaners in game if we tighten up at back and get enough ball inside at pace we will have a good summer

Last edited by moatesports on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:21 pm

That's fair enough Jim. Apologies. Pissed off with result. Taken out wrongly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Kerry
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next