Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare v Kerry

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:52 pm

If it was after the match then its no problem as far as I am concerned. Its not as if abstinence has done much for their performances so far!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:18 pm

Even though the Galway match is a dead rubber.. it's a last chance to get a win in a competitive match before the championship.. hopefully Galway send a 2nd string, but I'm not so sure they will.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:56 pm

I would hope that the team all went on the Beer after the game on Saturday night they are amature sports men they have to live some sort of a life and if they went on the beer so be it it would do them good.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:02 am

steviegenius wrote:
I would hope that the team all went on the Beer after the game on Saturday night they are amature sports men they have to live some sort of a life and if they went on the beer so be it it would do them good.

Fully agree. They’re relegated anyway. May as well get some enjoyment out of it as they’re certainly not getting any on the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:07 am

Next week is the definition of a no win scenario. If we win it will because Galway sent a B team. If we lose well then the you will need a crash helmet on this forum Sunday evening.
To be honest I can't see our lads being in any way motivated to go all in. They had the chance in previous weeks and didn't, they will hardly bother this week. If they do it will be the most Kildare thing ever.

Cian would be better off trying the lads who didn't get game time. So if they did win at least you could say the back up lads are at a level required.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:18 am

If they cannot be motivated to win their first game in nearly a year, in their last game before championship, having been obliterated by many for their efforts, at home against a second string team, you can give up right now.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:22 am

Tommy they had the chance to be motivated in a much bigger game when something was at stake against Mayo and decided only the supporters needed to turn up. They have nothing to play for and the league is over for them. Losing streaks don't seem to bother them as this whole sorry league effort has demonstrated.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:35 am

Kildare 11/10. Galway 10/11.
Draw at 15/2 looks value.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:07 am

Sure their was 1 of them " sliding into division 2" a couple of weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:25 am

Remember winning is a habit but also losing is a habit!!!!!
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:41 pm

I see everyone has been tripping over each other to start the Galway game thread... Anyway....

Having had a few days to absorb this shocking campaign, how we might recover.... The ideal scenario is we "do a Roscommon", bounce back and have a strong championship. It's funny, Carlow for example I'm sure would LOVE a crack at us at this point.

Anyway, a good starting point would be a win on Sunday. After that, I'd like to see us really regroup and then bury everyone on our side of the draw in Leinster. Obviously a Leinster title is out of the question but if we can make the Super 8s and maybe a claim a scalp it would show this group actually have a pair.

For a myriad of reasons, a win Sun would at least sign off this dire spring in a decent fashion.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:46 pm

Another loss and you can imagine our side of the draw in Leinster being a bunch of teams doing their utmost not the reach final.

As bad as things are – and they are pretty bad at the moment – we are the only team in the province capable of giving Dubs a game. They'd annihilate the pick of the rest, no disrespect to them.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:51 am

It will be very interesting what team is selected. Surely he cant just pick the same team again when its an opportunity to let some players play rather than just train continually. Disappointing that more fringe players didn't get some game time considering how others continually underperformed and seemed to be automatic selections.
As much as I'd like to see them win a game I'd rather see some new faces and new ideas before the summer. It's still possible to have a good year and build on what was achieved last year.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:00 am

It's been mentioned here before but the lack of game time for new panel members is remarkable. O'Neill obviously set a lot of store in O'Byrne Cup games... Not sure if I agree with that but he seems to have settled on the same core bunch again.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:53 am

Surely the Moorefield trio should get a run.

I would agree we should experiment in this one. I expect Galway will.

I’d go with a mixed team something like:

O’Neill

P Kelly
L Flynn ( if he’s back on panel?)
M Dempsey

E Doyle

D Courtney
J Murray
K Flynn

F Dowling
T Moolick

P Cribbin
D Flynn
M Sherry

N Flynn
E O Connor

use M Hyland, J Hyland, C Healy, D Slattery, P Connell (still on panel?) & R O Giollain or E Powderley (fit?) off the bench
Bench
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:07 pm

Absolutely no problem with lads going for a drink but if it is against the managers wishes then surely its a sign that the manager has not got complete buy in by all players. Would really like to think that this team will stick with each other through this tough time or there is no hope of reaching the high standards they talk about.

Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:00 pm

shoutitout wrote:
Absolutely no problem with lads going for a drink but if it is against the managers wishes then surely its a sign that the manager has not got complete buy in by all players. Would really like to think that this team will stick with each other through this tough time or there is no hope of reaching the high standards they talk about.

they probably go back to clubs for next two weeks as from Sunday evening
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:24 pm

shoutitout wrote:

Maybe the players are the problem and not the manager.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:36 pm

If the players on the panel that have got no game time are not up to it, although the current management brought most in, then should they be replaced and others looked at ??.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:10 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
If the players on the panel that have got no game time are not up to it, although the current management brought most in, then should they be replaced and others looked at ??.

That doesn't make sense at all Seamus - or to me anyway - management can deem players the best available and also deem them not good enough. Otherwise you're saying there are 35 lads good enough to prosper in Division 1 football in Kildare. And maybe you think there are, you'd have a far better knowledge of the scene than me. But if there are, Kildare should be winning senior All-Irelands.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:30 am

Sorry Ogie, maybe my post was confusing.. it just looks like CON isn't keen on the rest outside the core of 18 - 20 he's settled on.. maybe they are not ready yet and hopefully will be in time.
Are there others good enough ?. . Not so sure tbh.. maybe the League will throw up a few Candidates.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:45 pm

We’ve used 27 players in six games lads, if anyone cares about what actually happened over what they think happened.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:10 pm

What you are saying is correct O2B, however despite the fact we have conceded on average 19 points a game only 7 defenders have started a game with the same goalkeeper and full back line starting every game.

We have also only started 3 midfielders, with Kevin Feely starting every game.

Yes up front we have chopped and changed quite a bit, only 2 of the forwards have started every game, Fergal Conway and Dan Flynn.

We have also picked I think 6 black cards this year along with the double yellow forEoin Doyle in Donegal so some of the changes made have been forced upon the management rather than them making changes to try and win a game.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:27 pm

Some fair criticisms there but I don’t think there’s a heap of better defenders out there being denied their shot. Maybe Dempsey or Murray are worth a look but they’ve only just joined the panel. I think the only back in the county not picked this year that would have provided a possible clear improvement on what’s there is Ollie Lyons.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:34 pm

Is any other midfielders worth looking at .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Kerry
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next