Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare v Galway

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
DONTPULLOUT
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:53 am

Said something similar earlier tomo im sure the other players would be thinking the same thing....
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:45 am

Haven't been to watch Kildare since that Armagh game last year. Haven't got the slightest interest in watching this pathetic group of lads that call themselves inter-county footballers.

On the betting remark, it wouldn't surprise me if that was true. It's not the first time I've heard about that.

CON is finished with Kildare and needs to resign for his own reputation.

From administrators to players, Kildare GAA is a farce.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:58 am

CON said they all went on the lash in Kilarney on the Saturday night.. and there were no disciplinary issues.
Back to top Go down
Yoyo
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:00 am

Chris Healy is still on panel , ben mac and Luke fylnn gone
Back to top Go down
Yoyo
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:07 am

Kevin fylnn defiantly a positive for Kildare something we need going forward .
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:31 pm

It's a piss take at this point.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:56 pm

Déjà Vu with the old “sack the manager” shite. Are we doomed to repeat this two/three year cycle forever, or will the onus ever be on players to take responsibility?
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:34 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Déjà Vu with the old “sack the manager” shite. Are we doomed to repeat this two/three year cycle forever, or will the onus ever be on players to take responsibility?

What do you suggest, giving that it seems by all observers that the management team seem to have lost the dressing room?

Maybe this is not the case but the optics aren't good. Results aren't good. Performances aren't good. Commitment is not something we've had issues with in Kildare traditionally.

So I'm open to any suggestion that may solve what's going on . Maybe being in another member to the backroom team? Jack O Connor? Jim McGuinness as an advisor? Anything before champ to freshen it up and renew the hunger which seems to be lacking
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:08 pm

With all due respect to the posters here, not one of us knows what is really going on and what went on..... We are not in the panel not the management team, we don't know what goes on behind closed doors so can we stop surmising situations that are not true or exaggerated? Apparently, O´Neill did not decline an interview, they were huge delays with the draws afterwards and time ran out. Disgraceful comments on social media about players and the management, why in Gods name would anyone want to be anywhere near Kildare GAA? I sincerely hope that they are not looking at the comments written by various keyboard warriors that have never been to a match nor played the game. Being a Kildare GAA fan does NOT give you the right to insult or abuse anyone linked to the team. They don´t put on a jersey to go out and make a fool of themselves despite what many here think... I honestly don't know what has gone wrong with this team, I have no idea if it is the lads themselves that are performing in training and then lose it on the pitch during a game, I don't know if it is the failings of the management however yes, the manager is responsible. I personally don't think that O´Neill shies away from that responsibility either... And you think changing him will matter, I doubt it. Sick of reading support from those with rose tinted glasses still living in the 90´s thinking that past "legends" will make a difference - Move on lads!
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:34 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
CON said they all went on the lash in Kilarney on the Saturday night.. and there were no disciplinary issues.
He didn't say that - read the article again. He said that as a team they went out for a couple of drinks - that does not count as going on ¨the lash"...
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:37 pm

Taibi wrote:
Haven't been to watch Kildare since that Armagh game last year. Haven't got the slightest interest in watching this pathetic group of lads that call themselves inter-county footballers.

On the betting remark, it wouldn't surprise me if that was true. It's not the first time I've heard about that.

If you haven't supported the team in that amount of time and they disgust you so much, I really di not see why are here commenting. Just to stir the sh*t?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:00 pm

Snowwhite wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
He didn't say that - read the article again. He said that as a team they went out for a couple of drinks - that does not count as going on ¨the lash"...  

Wish I could go for a couple of pints (only). lol!
anyway I've no issue with them having done so.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:21 am

Snowwhite wrote:
Taibi wrote:

If you haven't supported the team in that amount of time and they disgust you so much,  I really di not see why are here commenting.  Just to stir the sh*t?  

This is a discussion forum. The clue is in the name. Are we only allowed comment on the nice things?
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:58 am

Never mind the players having a few pints, there are lads smoking crack on this thing...

In the past two weeks, Luke Flynn has been in and out of the panel twice. That makes him a total bollox by the way...
Now Chris Healy is gone off the panel...
Ben McCormack seems to be actually left due to college commitments...

CON is a sack for not giving panel players a chance...he makes changes so lads are dropped...there were pints in Killarney which implies a session which MUST mean the bold boys were dropped...
Now there is a betting scandal...

All of this seems to have happened on this forum unless anyone can actually stand over anything.
It all seems a bit like the county lad in a pub having a mi wadi and by the time he wakes up the next morning he was seen falling out of the nightclub...

Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:05 am

Chris Healy was Match yesterday
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:44 pm

Flamingo wrote:
Never mind the players having a few pints, there are lads smoking crack on this thing...

In the past two weeks, Luke Flynn has been in and out of the panel twice. That makes him a total bollox by the way...
Now Chris Healy is gone off the panel...
Ben McCormack seems to be actually left due to college commitments...

CON is a sack for not giving panel players a chance...he makes changes so lads are dropped...there were pints in Killarney which implies a session which MUST mean the bold boys were dropped...
Now there is a betting scandal...

All of this seems to have happened on this forum unless anyone can actually stand over anything.
It all seems a bit like the county lad in a pub having a mi wadi and by the time he wakes up the next morning he was seen falling out of the nightclub...

The only fact I know is that it's nearly a year since we won a game. That fact is worse than any rumours true or false.
Back to top Go down
kildareking
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:43 pm

Kildare football (county level) atm is in a bad way. I dont understand how people cant recognise that this year cian oneil has been doing a poor job with his team. Cian O'Neil has done great work in kildare no doubt, but this year its been poor to say the least. He clearly isnt instilling the right mentality in the players, we have players dropping off, leaving, disciplinary issues ect. A manager needs to make every player hungry and make players feel like they are there for something. There doesnt seem to be that passion from players that they get to wear the white jersey. I'm not slating cian oneil before the pro cian oneil crew go crazy at me, in my experience anyway the manager needs to be the driver of the bus, who leads, its clearly not happening. He strikes me as an intelligent and astute football man, but i dont see it as a manager, when we have been really up against it in big matches, we never produce..dont bother saying we do cause we dont. Managers need to be able to get that extra something out of players. Look at the majority of our top players the havent really improved as players individually nevermind the results. Players need to stand up aswell and take nearly majority of blame for poor results, (decsion making, unforced errors, mé féiners) ...i dont think ive been harsh on what ive said.... i dont think you could give oneil anything more than 4/10 this year so far.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:48 pm

kildareking wrote:
Kildare football (county level) atm is in a bad way. I dont understand how people cant recognise that this year cian oneil has been doing a poor job with his team. Cian O'Neil has done great work in kildare no doubt, but this year its been poor to say the least. He clearly isnt instilling the right mentality in the players, we have players dropping off, leaving, disciplinary issues ect. A manager needs to make every player hungry and make players feel like they are there for something. There doesnt seem to be that passion from players that they get to wear the white jersey. I'm not slating cian oneil before the pro cian oneil crew go crazy at me, in my experience anyway the manager needs to be the driver of the bus, who leads, its clearly not happening. He strikes me as an intelligent and astute football man, but i dont see it as a manager, when we have been really up against it in big matches, we never produce..dont bother saying we do cause we dont. Managers need to be able to get that extra something out of players.  Look at the majority of our  top players the havent really improved as players individually nevermind the results. Players need to stand up aswell and take nearly majority of blame for poor results, (decsion making, unforced errors, mé féiners) ...i dont think ive been harsh on what ive said.... i dont think you could give oneil anything more than 4/10 this year so far.
so what manager would get best of these players
Back to top Go down
kildareking
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:57 pm

I mean no disrespect to cian oneil, but we have to analyse and comment thats what we are here for..... tbh i think ross glavin and frank haniffy have shown everyone in kildare what a team of commited players and great management can achieve.... id love to see those two boys instil some of that tigerish mentality back into kildare...
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:24 pm

kildareking wrote:
I mean no disrespect to cian oneil, but we have to analyse and comment thats what we are here for..... tbh i think ross glavin and frank haniffy have shown everyone in kildare what a team of commited players and great management can achieve.... id love to see those two boys instil some of that tigerish mentality back into kildare...
Fair enough however do you really think that managing at Club level is comparable to managing at Inter-county level. Much the same as the argument of being a good footballer (or legend as I keep on seeing) making a good manager? And more so as some of them already had a go at this and did not succeed.... So realistically, who do we have that could do this if everyone seems to be failing?
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:48 pm

What is the argument against Glen Ryan??
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:01 pm

parcel wrote:
Would ryan want it in current state.
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:03 pm

parcel wrote:
I don´t have anything against Glen I just don't see the argument FOR Glen. Did I miss something with Longford when he was managing them? I didn't see any fantastic success they had with all his greatness? What can he instil in Kildare that others have not managed? He was a brilliant footballer and????? This doesn't make him a good manager either.....
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:06 pm

How many players of current panel have been involed in Kildare last three relegation . I say at least 10
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:41 pm

Snowwhite wrote:
parcel wrote:
I don´t have anything against Glen I just don't see the argument FOR Glen. Did I miss something with Longford when he was managing them? I didn't see any fantastic success they had with all his greatness? What can he instil in Kildare that others have not managed?   He was a brilliant footballer and?????  This doesn't make him a good manager either.....

Yes you did miss something during his time with Longford. He led them to back to back promotions getting them into Div2. He also oversaw a victory over Mayo. The vast majority of tha Mayo team have reached an All Ireland semi final or better every year since.

He did one year with Kildare 21s and reached an All Ireland final of that team only Alan Smith and Eoghan O Flaherty really established themselves as nailed on senior players so he wasn’t dealing with a team of superstars.

At club level he led Towers to the intermediate championship and also the quarter final of the senior last year.

Glen may not have the answers but to say he hasn’t done much as a manager is simply false.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Galway
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next