Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare v Carlow

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri May 18, 2018 9:18 pm

conway playing in half forward line is not working play him at 7 and put in a forward with pace and movement and more importantly can score
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri May 18, 2018 10:07 pm

Just a question, look at this as if you were managing Carlow to play Kildare, cud you come up with a game plan to beat Kildare after looking at the league games? Easy enuf in my opinion to get that plan together?
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri May 18, 2018 10:15 pm

micky murphy wrote:
Just a question, look at this as if you were managing Carlow to play Kildare, cud you come up with a game plan to beat Kildare after looking at the league games? Easy enuf in my opinion to get that plan together?  
other question are Carlow fitness levels same as Kildare . Tullamore is bigger pitch than portlaoise pitch
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 19, 2018 12:26 am

If Kildare cant beat Carlow pulling up then we have serious problems with management and players in this county are we really worried going into the Carlow game as one of the lads said earlier this is I think as well the last chance saloon for a lot of the players. We should be thinking of the last 8 and the likes of Carlow come on lads they are Shite.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 19, 2018 3:27 am

I think we are going to win well and this has the same feeling as the Laois and Meath games last year.
You might ask what this is based on, but the fact is our lads, despite shooting themselves in the foot, lost narrowly a couple fo times this year.
Division 1 has to stand to them.

Talk of the Armagh game last year is not matching up as that was a loss on the sideline. Jamie Clarke is hardly an unknown and Flynn was left inside bottled up.

I think Conway and Doyle in the half backs anyway. Or, as I really want to see, Conway in the middle, but holding.
Both Cribbins as half forwards.
Brophy stays inside and the odd switch between N Kelly and Flynn as that would be interesting to see how teams deal with those two players rotating.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 19, 2018 8:47 am

I don't want to see an extra defender playing against Carlow. Put six forwards on the pitch and let them worry about us. We should be putting up at least 20 points. If we concede more than that then pack up the tent and go home.

Murray must start.
No Conway at 10
A free taker must be on the pitch.

Kildare to win by 6

Last edited by Rex on Sat May 19, 2018 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 19, 2018 5:40 pm

So it's as simple as coming up with a game plan to beat Kildare. Al the plans in the world will only contain a team if one is significantly better than the other. The bookies have a 7 point hcap on the match and while I feel we won't beat that we will win. Carlow got there bellies tickled in the media for doing ok v Dublin last year but they never threatened them as they had 13 players back. If they do that next week we will struggle unless we get goals early.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 19, 2018 10:34 pm

Smokey dead right – early goals are kryptonite to defensive teams. When Con O'Callaghan ripped the net out of it against Tyrone last year, it was effectively game over. Hopefully D Flynn or Brophy can bang in a couple early doors.

Brophy needs to rediscover a bit of form after league actually, he was pretty patchy. Not helped by spending so much time out the field, mind you. Hopefully they've been working on that in the interim.

Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Yesterday at 1:49 am

Kildare have fully fit panel for carlow match also they Johnstown estate hotel in Enfield for training camp for weekend according to Leinster leader
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Yesterday at 11:14 am

Probably not a major shock in Fermanagh beating Armaa.. but a surprise all the same.

I know we can't be complacent v Carlow, but if we can't win pulling up, then help us if we do meet the Dubs.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Yesterday at 8:48 pm

I’d be happy with a win, pulling up or otherwise. In fact our inability to win close games is such an issue a part of me would love to see it level with 5 to go and we win by 1 or 2. There’s no real comparison with Fermanagh and Armagh who were 1st and 2nd in the same division this year.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Yesterday at 9:28 pm

I wasn't making any comparison with the Armaa game, just an observation.

Good to hear we've a full fit and healthy Squad available.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Carlow
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2