Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Kildare v Carlow

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
moatesports
Senior
Senior


Posts : 296
Join date : 2012-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri May 18, 2018 9:18 pm

conway playing in half forward line is not working play him at 7 and put in a forward with pace and movement and more importantly can score
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 409
Join date : 2011-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri May 18, 2018 10:07 pm

Just a question, look at this as if you were managing Carlow to play Kildare, cud you come up with a game plan to beat Kildare after looking at the league games? Easy enuf in my opinion to get that plan together?
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2666
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri May 18, 2018 10:15 pm

micky murphy wrote:
Just a question, look at this as if you were managing Carlow to play Kildare, cud you come up with a game plan to beat Kildare after looking at the league games? Easy enuf in my opinion to get that plan together?  
other question are Carlow fitness levels same as Kildare . Tullamore is bigger pitch than portlaoise pitch
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 655
Join date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 19, 2018 12:26 am

If Kildare cant beat Carlow pulling up then we have serious problems with management and players in this county are we really worried going into the Carlow game as one of the lads said earlier this is I think as well the last chance saloon for a lot of the players. We should be thinking of the last 8 and the likes of Carlow come on lads they are Shite.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 578
Join date : 2011-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 19, 2018 3:27 am

I think we are going to win well and this has the same feeling as the Laois and Meath games last year.
You might ask what this is based on, but the fact is our lads, despite shooting themselves in the foot, lost narrowly a couple fo times this year.
Division 1 has to stand to them.

Talk of the Armagh game last year is not matching up as that was a loss on the sideline. Jamie Clarke is hardly an unknown and Flynn was left inside bottled up.

I think Conway and Doyle in the half backs anyway. Or, as I really want to see, Conway in the middle, but holding.
Both Cribbins as half forwards.
Brophy stays inside and the odd switch between N Kelly and Flynn as that would be interesting to see how teams deal with those two players rotating.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 2524
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 19, 2018 8:47 am

I don't want to see an extra defender playing against Carlow. Put six forwards on the pitch and let them worry about us. We should be putting up at least 20 points. If we concede more than that then pack up the tent and go home.

Murray must start.
No Conway at 10
A free taker must be on the pitch.

Kildare to win by 6


Last edited by Rex on Sat May 19, 2018 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior


Posts : 142
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 19, 2018 5:40 pm

So it's as simple as coming up with a game plan to beat Kildare. Al the plans in the world will only contain a team if one is significantly better than the other. The bookies have a 7 point hcap on the match and while I feel we won't beat that we will win. Carlow got there bellies tickled in the media for doing ok v Dublin last year but they never threatened them as they had 13 players back. If they do that next week we will struggle unless we get goals early.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 2022
Join date : 2013-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 19, 2018 10:34 pm

Smokey dead right – early goals are kryptonite to defensive teams. When Con O'Callaghan ripped the net out of it against Tyrone last year, it was effectively game over. Hopefully D Flynn or Brophy can bang in a couple early doors.

Brophy needs to rediscover a bit of form after league actually, he was pretty patchy. Not helped by spending so much time out the field, mind you. Hopefully they've been working on that in the interim.

Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2666
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sun May 20, 2018 1:49 am

Kildare have fully fit panel for carlow match also they Johnstown estate hotel in Enfield for training camp for weekend according to Leinster leader
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 3750
Join date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sun May 20, 2018 11:14 am

Probably not a major shock in Fermanagh beating Armaa.. but a surprise all the same.

I know we can't be complacent v Carlow, but if we can't win pulling up, then help us if we do meet the Dubs.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 2235
Join date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sun May 20, 2018 8:48 pm

I’d be happy with a win, pulling up or otherwise. In fact our inability to win close games is such an issue a part of me would love to see it level with 5 to go and we win by 1 or 2. There’s no real comparison with Fermanagh and Armagh who were 1st and 2nd in the same division this year.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 3750
Join date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sun May 20, 2018 9:28 pm

I wasn't making any comparison with the Armaa game, just an observation.

Good to hear we've a full fit and healthy Squad available.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 350
Join date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Tue May 22, 2018 3:30 am

7/1 Carlow is not a bad bet considering our form....if any div 1 team would lose to a div 4 team it's us
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1284
Join date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Tue May 22, 2018 5:15 am

No way could Carlow have run Tyrone or Monaghan to a point in the league. We have been playing at a far higher level than them this year.
A few early scores preferably goals will expose their limitations and it's a game we should win easily enough.
Apologies for the surprise outbreak of optimism on this forum, can someone confirm that it's still allowed
Back to top Go down
Twentyeight
Junior C
Junior C


Posts : 9
Join date : 2018-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Tue May 22, 2018 5:45 am

lomond wrote:
7/1 Carlow is not a bad bet considering our form....if any div 1 team would lose to a div 4 team it's us

I'm sick of reading this forum, I can't believe the level of negativity. Did you even watch the game yesterday between Monaghan and Tyrone? It was the highest standard of football played in Ulster in years and we we're only beaten by a point by both teams in the league, two games we probably should have won.

We were only beaten by two points away to Donegal after having had our captain sent off early, the same Donegal who have just hammered Cavan and will almost certainly be in an Ulster final.

We were beating Dublin at half time on a pitch that we never play well on and just faded a bit in the second half.

I remember sitting in Croke Park only two years ago on a miserable day watching Kildare beat Wexford 9-8 in the the worst game of football I have ever watched and then going on to lose to a division 4 Westmeath 3 weeks later. I couldn't have even have dream't of those performances against Tyrone, Monaghan, Donegal and Dublin.

The progress this group has made in two years has been nothing short of phenomenal, but I always question why they even bother when they are treated with this level of disrespect by so called supporters.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1131
Join date : 2010-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Tue May 22, 2018 11:23 am

Good post Twentyeight. We’ll get nothing handy on Sunday but here’s hoping we get over it and have a good summer. Up the Lilies.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 360
Join date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Tue May 22, 2018 6:38 pm

Twentyeight wrote:
lomond wrote:
7/1 Carlow is not a bad bet considering our form....if any div 1 team would lose to a div 4 team it's us

I'm sick of reading this forum, I can't believe the level of negativity. Did you even watch the game yesterday between Monaghan and Tyrone? It was the highest standard of football played in Ulster in years and we we're only beaten by a point by both teams in the league, two games we probably should have won.

We were only beaten by two points away to Donegal after having had our captain sent off early, the same Donegal who have just hammered Cavan and will almost certainly be in an Ulster final.

We were beating Dublin at half time on a pitch that we never play well on and just faded a bit in the second half.

I remember sitting in Croke Park only two years ago on a miserable day watching Kildare beat Wexford 9-8 in the the worst game of football I have ever watched and then going on to lose to a division 4 Westmeath 3 weeks later. I couldn't have even have dream't of those performances against Tyrone, Monaghan, Donegal and Dublin.

The progress this group has made in two years has been nothing short of phenomenal, but I always question why they even bother when they are treated with this level of disrespect by so called supporters.

Here's the thing. You don't have to read the forum.

You couldn't have dreamt of those performances against Tyrone etc. Dreaming of losing. Beating Dublin at half time? Whoop de fucking do. Therein lies our problem. Happy with moral victories.

The progress is phenomenal? Really? We just got relegated to Division 2.

Until Kildare football start showing the balls to win big games (some might say any game) then you will always have people who can't help but be negative.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 908
Join date : 2013-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Tue May 22, 2018 9:39 pm

Looking at the 1st round of the qualifiers and there is 3 teams from next years NFL Division 1 already in the hat. affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2666
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Tue May 22, 2018 10:03 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
Looking at the 1st round of the qualifiers and there is 3 teams from next years NFL Division 1 already in the hat. affraid affraid affraid
rules on qualifiers have changed again its now open Draw not split section A or B
Back to top Go down
Twentyeight
Junior C
Junior C


Posts : 9
Join date : 2018-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Tue May 22, 2018 10:20 pm

hawker wrote:
Twentyeight wrote:
lomond wrote:
7/1 Carlow is not a bad bet considering our form....if any div 1 team would lose to a div 4 team it's us

I'm sick of reading this forum, I can't believe the level of negativity. Did you even watch the game yesterday between Monaghan and Tyrone? It was the highest standard of football played in Ulster in years and we we're only beaten by a point by both teams in the league, two games we probably should have won.

We were only beaten by two points away to Donegal after having had our captain sent off early, the same Donegal who have just hammered Cavan and will almost certainly be in an Ulster final.

We were beating Dublin at half time on a pitch that we never play well on and just faded a bit in the second half.

I remember sitting in Croke Park only two years ago on a miserable day watching Kildare beat Wexford 9-8 in the the worst game of football I have ever watched and then going on to lose to a division 4 Westmeath 3 weeks later. I couldn't have even have dream't of those performances against Tyrone, Monaghan, Donegal and Dublin.

The progress this group has made in two years has been nothing short of phenomenal, but I always question why they even bother when they are treated with this level of disrespect by so called supporters.

Here's the thing. You don't have to read the forum.

You couldn't have dreamt of those performances against Tyrone etc. Dreaming of losing. Beating Dublin at half time? Whoop de fucking do. Therein lies our problem. Happy with moral victories.

The progress is phenomenal? Really? We just got relegated to Division 2.

Until Kildare football start showing the balls to win big games (some might say any game) then you will always have people who can't help but be negative.

What do you expect? For us to go from losing to division 4 teams to beating the 3 in a row All Ireland champions in the space of 2 years?

The difference between us and most of the division 1 teams this year was a decent free taker. If we had just scored all of the score-able frees the final table would have looked a lot different. We would now be talking about challenging Dublin for a Leinster instead there is talk on here of losing to Carlow.

The level of delusion on here is ridiculous. Either were winning All Irelands or were a team of bottlers and underachievers because we lost by a few points to the best teams in the country. There's no middle ground. I'd expect that level of arrogance from supporters in certain counties but I didn't expect to hear it in Kildare. I guess I was wrong...
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 2235
Join date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Tue May 22, 2018 10:30 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
Looking at the 1st round of the qualifiers and there is 3 teams from next years NFL Division 1 already in the hat. affraid affraid affraid

True but because of the draw there was always going to be at least two.

And the third (Cavan) were playing a team from this year’s Division One.


Last edited by kildaregaa365 on Tue May 22, 2018 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 360
Join date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Tue May 22, 2018 10:33 pm

Twentyeight wrote:
hawker wrote:
Twentyeight wrote:
lomond wrote:
7/1 Carlow is not a bad bet considering our form....if any div 1 team would lose to a div 4 team it's us

I'm sick of reading this forum, I can't believe the level of negativity. Did you even watch the game yesterday between Monaghan and Tyrone? It was the highest standard of football played in Ulster in years and we we're only beaten by a point by both teams in the league, two games we probably should have won.

We were only beaten by two points away to Donegal after having had our captain sent off early, the same Donegal who have just hammered Cavan and will almost certainly be in an Ulster final.

We were beating Dublin at half time on a pitch that we never play well on and just faded a bit in the second half.

I remember sitting in Croke Park only two years ago on a miserable day watching Kildare beat Wexford 9-8 in the the worst game of football I have ever watched and then going on to lose to a division 4 Westmeath 3 weeks later. I couldn't have even have dream't of those performances against Tyrone, Monaghan, Donegal and Dublin.

The progress this group has made in two years has been nothing short of phenomenal, but I always question why they even bother when they are treated with this level of disrespect by so called supporters.

Here's the thing. You don't have to read the forum.

You couldn't have dreamt of those performances against Tyrone etc. Dreaming of losing. Beating Dublin at half time? Whoop de fucking do. Therein lies our problem. Happy with moral victories.

The progress is phenomenal? Really? We just got relegated to Division 2.

Until Kildare football start showing the balls to win big games (some might say any game) then you will always have people who can't help but be negative.

What do you expect? For us to go from losing to division 4 teams to beating the 3 in a row All Ireland champions in the space of 2 years?

The difference between us and most of the division 1 teams this year was a decent free taker. If we had just scored all of the score-able frees the final table would have looked a lot different. We would now be talking about challenging Dublin for a Leinster instead there is talk on here of losing to Carlow.

The level of delusion on here is ridiculous. Either were winning All Irelands or were a team of bottlers and underachievers because we lost by a few points to the best teams in the country. There's no middle ground. I'd expect that level of arrogance from supporters in certain counties but I didn't expect to hear it in Kildare. I guess I was wrong...

The difference is a free taker? Delusion is right.

Head in sand stuff.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 2235
Join date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Tue May 22, 2018 10:36 pm

Cian O’Neill’s motto for the year: “Time to Shit or Get Off The Pot”... he knows, the players hopefully know, and anyone who knows Kildare football knows that this team has rightly acquired a certain reputation. Only one way to lose it - win when expected to and pull off a few crunch victories when the chips are down (preferably in Croke Park). Super 8’s or bust.


Back to top Go down
Twentyeight
Junior C
Junior C


Posts : 9
Join date : 2018-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Tue May 22, 2018 10:36 pm

hawker wrote:
Twentyeight wrote:
hawker wrote:
Twentyeight wrote:
lomond wrote:
7/1 Carlow is not a bad bet considering our form....if any div 1 team would lose to a div 4 team it's us

I'm sick of reading this forum, I can't believe the level of negativity. Did you even watch the game yesterday between Monaghan and Tyrone? It was the highest standard of football played in Ulster in years and we we're only beaten by a point by both teams in the league, two games we probably should have won.

We were only beaten by two points away to Donegal after having had our captain sent off early, the same Donegal who have just hammered Cavan and will almost certainly be in an Ulster final.

We were beating Dublin at half time on a pitch that we never play well on and just faded a bit in the second half.

I remember sitting in Croke Park only two years ago on a miserable day watching Kildare beat Wexford 9-8 in the the worst game of football I have ever watched and then going on to lose to a division 4 Westmeath 3 weeks later. I couldn't have even have dream't of those performances against Tyrone, Monaghan, Donegal and Dublin.

The progress this group has made in two years has been nothing short of phenomenal, but I always question why they even bother when they are treated with this level of disrespect by so called supporters.

Here's the thing. You don't have to read the forum.

You couldn't have dreamt of those performances against Tyrone etc. Dreaming of losing. Beating Dublin at half time? Whoop de fucking do. Therein lies our problem. Happy with moral victories.

The progress is phenomenal? Really? We just got relegated to Division 2.

Until Kildare football start showing the balls to win big games (some might say any game) then you will always have people who can't help but be negative.

What do you expect? For us to go from losing to division 4 teams to beating the 3 in a row All Ireland champions in the space of 2 years?

The difference between us and most of the division 1 teams this year was a decent free taker. If we had just scored all of the score-able frees the final table would have looked a lot different. We would now be talking about challenging Dublin for a Leinster instead there is talk on here of losing to Carlow.

The level of delusion on here is ridiculous. Either were winning All Irelands or were a team of bottlers and underachievers because we lost by a few points to the best teams in the country. There's no middle ground. I'd expect that level of arrogance from supporters in certain counties but I didn't expect to hear it in Kildare. I guess I was wrong...

The difference is a free taker? Delusion is right.

Head in sand stuff.

So you're saying we didn't miss at least 2 kick-able frees against Monaghan, Tyrone and Donegal? We're you even at the matches because I can remember missing about 5 against Monaghan alone.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1284
Join date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Tue May 22, 2018 10:43 pm

Don't underestimate the value of a reliable free taker to a successful team. How many frees does Dean Rock miss? We missed at least 5 in one of the matches we lost by a point.
If Neil Flynn is missing then we need to O'Connor on from the start. Teams adapt very quickly to poor free taking by fouling out the field as often as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   

Back to top Go down
 
Kildare v Carlow
Back to top 
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
 Similar topics
-
» IRELAND'S MISSING WOMEN
» Martin Doyle
» Man gets six years for stabbing girlfriend
» Larry Murphy RAPIST free to roam wherever he may please
» Michael Doyle or Michael Lyons

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: