Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare v Carlow

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:03 am

Saw on another forum a suggestion from a Laois man saying the Carlow backroom team and management treated Kildare abysmally after final whistle. Ring any bells? Maybe nothing, just wondering what he meant.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:07 am

DONTPULLOUT wrote:
Suppose we are known as soft touch footballers guesd now we no how soft.
Whos the last ."dirty" player we had?
Daryl Flynn?? He wouldve nailed a few of them carlow lads and probably the maor foirne aswell

Oh to have had Daryl in midfield last Sunday.
Back to top Go down
The Lillywhite
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:18 am

Snowwhite wrote:
The Lillywhite wrote:
Ogie I know a couple of Kerry players personally and he said Cian was solely an S&C / coach but made himself out to be a selector. One Mayo player who recently hung up his boots after 15 odd years playing gave a similar impression that Cian was very much about himself.

The main issue here is what ever way you look at it there is a lot of talent in this squad and it's down to management to bring that out. The other point to consider is that Cian has got rid of the majority of experience in the squad over the last three years with Padriag O'Neill, Bolton, McGrillen, Lyons, Lynch to name a few who would definitely add something to that squad

The Lillywhite - It is your choice to crucify O´Neill for the lack of performance of the Kildare team but the least you can do is get your facts right and in this case you are talking shite - Mikey Sheehy, Diarmuid Murphy and Cian O´Neill were selectors for the Kerry senior football team. O´Neill also trained them. FACT!  You may not like him but before you put pen to paper, know what you are talking about... Only my opinion of course, if I am allowed to voice it, that is......  

It's not that I like or dislike him I just dont think he is getting the best out of the players and nothing on here should be personally directed at a player or management member. Given that it was a kerry player that said he wasnt a selector I assumed it was fact.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:20 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
DONTPULLOUT wrote:
Daryl Flynn?? He wouldve nailed a few of them carlow lads and probably the maor foirne aswell

We'd have been down to 14 players fairly quickly I'd say! Sooner have Willie McCreery there, now that was an all round midfielder who was hugely effective.
Oh dear I'm harking back to the glory years again Sad
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:21 am

murof wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
DONTPULLOUT wrote:

We'd have been down to 14 players fairly quickly I'd say! Sooner have Willie McCreery there, now that was an all round midfielder who was hugely effective.
Oh dear I'm harking back to the glory years again Sad

We were down to 3 or 4 for most of the game anyway. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:31 am

I thought a large number of players were an absolute disgrace to the white jersey of Kildare last Sunday. I don't mind saying it. They didn't want to know and did everything half arsed if at all. Lazy tackling, lazy shooting, crying to the ref, allowing themselves to be bullied, hiding when they were needed most.

Usually people say you cant call out players on an internet forum. I will...Dan Flynn, Kevin Feely, Keith Cribben, Niall Kelly, and Paddy Brophy. Get your bloody act together. Talent to burn and yis all went hiding last sunday afraid of your bloody lives. That's not a personal attack on those lads ..thats simply a comment about those guys playing shite and not giving a toss in a hugely important game of football.

Say what you want about the manager and you cannot argue against results but to go out in championship match against Carlow with that jersey on your back and to "perform" like that....its a slap in the face to those that wore the jersey properly in the past and to those supporters who stick with them year after year.

The only way they can right this in 2018 is to win the bloody All-Ireland because I have never in 35 years of watching Kildare seen a surrender like that to a team like Carlow.

All credit to Carlow and I hope they enjoy their "rising". Shows what can be achieved when you have a bit of pride in your jersey and a bit of steel in your backbone.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:53 am

Carlow are a team I'd be proud to support.

I'm not exaggerating when I say if we were getting as much out of our resources as they are out of theirs, we'd win an All Ireland. Ditto Monaghan.

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:12 am

Not that simple. If Carlow win the semi-final, they'll be put back to square one in final. Dublin will literally undo all good work. Monaghan have chance of silverware, if they were being throttled for 15 years in their province by a team they know they can never beat such is the playing field, they'd be in same boat as us. Anyone would.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:16 am

Totally disagree – Monaghan beat Dublin in Croke this year. Donegal beat them in 2014. Mayo have pushed them to the brink several times in recent years. We are operating nowhere near full potential.

Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:18 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Not that simple. If Carlow win the semi-final, they'll be put back to square one in final. Dublin will literally undo all good work. Monaghan have chance of silverware, if they were being throttled for 15 years in their province by a team they know they can never beat such is the playing field, they'd be in same boat as us. Anyone would.

I think this is the key point that all these lazy analysts are missing in their rush to kick Kildare and Meath when we're down. That's not trying to excuse the debacle that was last Sunday but it is a huge factor. Kildare and Meath more than any other counties need the provincial championships to be scrapped.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:32 am

Incidentally, I do think Dublin operate with ridiculous advantages and need to be split. In fact, I think it's inevitable.

Meantime, though, please let's not try and make out losing to Carlow is down to that. Anyway, championship exit is imminent, so a new era next year hopefully.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:41 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Carlow are a team I'd be proud to support.

I'm not exaggerating when I say if we were getting as much out of our resources as they are out of theirs, we'd win an All Ireland. Ditto Monaghan.

Not if ye keep employing managers with little experience ye w'ont.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:52 am

Carlow by 7 points lads. Carlow.

For the love of f*ck... Carlow by 7 points. CARLOW

Embarrassing . It's definitely our most embarrassing defeat in the last 30 years. Kilkenny was the O Byrne Cup. And want in the "professional" era we're in now. Given our resources and underage success.

It's shocking as much as it is sad and embarrassing. A real tragic embarrassment
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:57 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Is it fair to say O'Neill divides opinion?

When he took over Kildare, I was just looking at his track record in Mayo, Tipp, Kerry and thinking, this looks good.

But Jesus, he really seems to rub some people up the wrong way.

Have to say last Saturday, when T O'Se questioned his ability to really inspire a dressing room, I thought that was very harsh.

But talk about vindication for Tomas on Sunday.

I think, as ever, results dictate. When he came in, his coaching record was impressive. He was articulate, and people who were exercised by Jason Ryan's interviews loved that. But of course that's all just window dressing, unimportant, and even what is being said publicly mightn't be related to what's said behind closed doors. Now, because of the terrible run, the interviews drive people mad. He is very well educated, made a career in sport and achieved highly (until now) and suddenly he's uppity. Ambitious people don't generally hide their achievements. But that's all grand when you're winning and they're not now. It's like anything Jason Ryan did at Wexford, bringing them to an All-Ireland semi-final, never actually happened because of his time in Kildare. Same players mind you.
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:34 pm

Ogie wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Is it fair to say O'Neill divides opinion?

When he took over Kildare, I was just looking at his track record in Mayo, Tipp, Kerry and thinking, this looks good.

But Jesus, he really seems to rub some people up the wrong way.

Have to say last Saturday, when T O'Se questioned his ability to really inspire a dressing room, I thought that was very harsh.

But talk about vindication for Tomas on Sunday.

I think, as ever, results dictate. When he came in, his coaching record was impressive. He was articulate, and people who were exercised by Jason Ryan's interviews loved that. But of course that's all just window dressing, unimportant, and even what is being said publicly mightn't be related to what's said behind closed doors. Now, because of the terrible run, the interviews drive people mad. He is very well educated, made a career in sport and achieved highly (until now) and suddenly he's uppity. Ambitious people don't generally hide their achievements. But that's all grand when you're winning and they're not now. It's like anything Jason Ryan did at Wexford, bringing them to an All-Ireland semi-final, never actually happened because of his time in Kildare. Same players mind you.

I agree Ogie, the bad run for Kildare needs a fall guy and that is O´Neill. Not sure he is 100% responsible as the players need to take some responsibility however I don't think O´Neill shies away from taking responsibility either. Sorry to disappoint the experts and critics on this Forum however I do not think that this will define his career. Those in the know (and there are many outside this Forum and county that support him) see it as a low period/and indeed maybe even a failure for his CV however I am 100% sure that he will go on and be successful in other counties, much to your disgust, no doubt... His apparent confidence, his education (he holds a PhD), his ability to talk annoys people and I get that but there is a lot more left in this guy than people give him credit for... Anyway, lets move on....
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:39 pm

Snowwhite people on this forum and Kildare supporters don't give a monkey's how successful CON is in the future when he departs. What they care about is the 12 match losing run and the defeat to Carlow which has which has seen us ridiculed nationwide. They care about the lack of basic skills particularly tackling.
A year ago we were flying high, now we are in freefall. If the manager is as good as you believe then obviously it will all change the next day and we can start looking forward to actually winning a few matches.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:09 pm

Kildare were by bullied by Carlow
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:14 pm

I think the prob with CON is that when you are on the up and winning games people love listening to long interviews as it gives buy in, players will listen and follow etc. but when things start going wrong he is deemed a spoofer and players lose interest and belief which is exactly what happened on Sunday, essentially a bunch of talented unmotivated and uninspired players were beaten by a team of hungrier less talented players...........
Back to top Go down
Highball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:20 pm

And as we have said many times before on this forum , a lack of hunger and desire is something difficult/next to impossible to coach

This is why I would have a certain sympathy for CON. Granted we were a shambles on Sunday but lack of heart/desire leads to missed tackles etc and exposes other failings.

Our lack of free taker is actually ridiculous at this stage. Even with our close in ones there was a sense of unease about the potential for a blooper.

Such a morale sapping area of the game when you are missing frees. On the flip side when you are pointing them for fun a la Carlow, it does boost other areas of morale.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:27 pm

As well as the manager taking the blame the players really let them self's down badly letting Carlow beat them in a championship match how can they ever say that I played for Kildare. Its thats bad that Liverpool loosing on Saturday night i'm over that but not Kildare loosing to Carlow cant stop thinking about that game.

Just a bit that i heard I might as well say it management had the players very well prepared for Carlow how they were going to break down them etc and in training matches all was working great then on Sunday all plans went out the window. To me that is either the players dont give a shite and not playing for the management team or we are just shite.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:32 am

To be fair this is a few times in the last few years that the players need to take some blame and not all on the manager.
however also the manager picks the players and should have all the deadwood and pre Madonna's gone as he would be aware this kind of thing will happen with certain personalities....
again always ask yourself when you picking this kind of thing who in a battle would I want in the trench beside me..... and you need at least 5 ugly footballers aka philly McMahon to keep the mindset correct and the last 2 managers in Kildare won't pick them kind of players for the panel for some reason...............
Back to top Go down
grabber
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:17 am

Agree with your overall point Micky but which players spring to mind that fall into that category? I struggle to think of many
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:46 am

Eoin Doyle, James Murray anyone else?
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:46 am

On two occasions this year proves how soft Kildare are

In league with Dublin the handbags stiff before halftime came out after halftime fall apart
Carlow players threw few shoulders before match and Kildare fall apart
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:36 am

murof wrote:
Snowwhite people on this forum and Kildare supporters don't give a monkey's how successful CON is in the future when he departs. What they care about is the 12 match losing run and the defeat to Carlow which has which has seen us ridiculed nationwide. They care about the lack of basic skills particularly tackling.
A year ago we were flying high, now we are in freefall. If the manager is as good as you believe then obviously it will all change the next day and we can start looking forward to actually winning a few matches.

If you think that's how it works, you're in cloud cuckoo land murof. The world of sport is full of brilliant managers that have failures on their CV. And then there's the definition of success and failure. Was McGeeney a success or failure with Kildare? Most top managers in soccer have been sacked for example. It's what irritated me about the personal nature of the Jason Ryan stuff, and rubbing out his previous achievements for the benefit of lampooning - and that's in acknowledgement that Kildare wasn't a positive experience (as it wasn't in the end for McGeeney, with a lot of the same players, and O'Neill now, with a lot of the same players). It is said a lot of the players hadn't much time for Ryan - it is said now that a lot of the players don't have time for O'Neill. There's a thread there.

But, and he has said this himself, the buck stops with the manager. And he hasn't soft-soaped what happened against Carlow. Used very strong language. So if there is no improvement next day and until whenever it ends, it has been a bad year. I'm not hung up on the 12-match losing run, but last week was awful and on the back of that run, you're in trouble. And if you've lost the players, you're gone. That still won't make him a bad manager or a bad coach and he will definitely get work professionally and he will get work as an inter-county manager if he wants it. If I were him, I wouldn't bother though. Make a few bob with a club, have more time and put up with less shit.

Sorry, sounds like I'm his agent or something again. Trying to be measured. What happens in next few weeks crucial for his future you'd imagine with Kildare - a lot of ground to make up. But Kildare can't be the unluckiest county in the world in terms of managers - and a group of players can't be the unluckiest group in the world in terms of managers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Carlow
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next