Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare v Carlow

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Thu May 24, 2018 6:53 am

Come on Xavi, spill it....
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Thu May 24, 2018 7:09 am

As night follows day.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Thu May 24, 2018 7:39 am

It’s only Feely Daniel Niall and Eoin I’m sure - nothing to worry about
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Thu May 24, 2018 7:49 pm

Was going great taught the team was keeping a low profile and going to react to a poor winter but then I get hit with a Cian O'Neill interview, now don't get me wrong think unless we pay big money we wont get better, but omg this guy must bore the life out of the players!! half time must be great craic waking the lads up to get back in for the 2nd half!!!!
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Thu May 24, 2018 8:00 pm

micky murphy wrote:
Was going great taught the team was keeping a low profile and going to react to a poor winter but then I get hit with a Cian O'Neill interview, now don't get me wrong think unless we pay big money we wont get better, but omg this guy must bore the life out of the players!! half time must be great craic waking the lads up to get back in for the 2nd half!!!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Thu May 24, 2018 8:16 pm

micky murphy wrote:
if cian bore players turlough o Brien is as bad.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Thu May 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Jim Gavin interviews and Dublin 3 in a row? Discuss
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Thu May 24, 2018 8:48 pm

Highball wrote:
+ 1 to all of that Ogie

Not a peep out of the camp at the moment - Hoping that's an encouraging sign.

Is Brendan Murphy gone from the Carlow panel now to the US?

Yeah, I was talking about Sean - lightning quick and a bull.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Thu May 24, 2018 8:49 pm

Rex wrote:
Too much optimism in the last few posts. We need to bring it down a level.

Any injuries then?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri May 25, 2018 1:35 am

Jimmy Hyland will be ruled out for u20s if he plays Sunday . Not sure if he's an option or will be considered.

Neill Flynns has done his hamstring again
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri May 25, 2018 1:43 am

Xavi wrote:
Jimmy Hyland will be ruled out for u20s if he plays Sunday . Not sure if he's an option or will be considered.

Neill Flynns has done his hamstring again

Bloody hell, we love an auld hamstring injury.

Eanna O'Connor will need to start for free kicks. Feely can't do everything.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri May 25, 2018 1:50 am

Fucking Hell what is the craic with Neill and the hamstring injuries I know it's obvious but jaysus there is definitely an underlying issue there..
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Fri May 25, 2018 5:08 am

O Neill was talk about James Murray they have trying him in 5 or 6 position in games either in house or challenges games in Kildare now article . Tomorrow night named tomorrow night
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 26, 2018 12:19 am

Hamstring always have underlying issues, but then we don't seem to manage them well enough.

I am touching wood here as I type but Dan Flynn seems to have settled, but speed merchants always seem to suffer a bit more.

Giggs was cursed in soccer until the yoga helped him, surely there are other ways to help lads. FFS our serious knee injury level was a joke a few years ago too.

Anyway, who is naming a team here...
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 26, 2018 12:26 am

Flamingo wrote:
Hamstring always have underlying issues, but then we don't seem to manage them well enough.

I am touching wood here as I type but Dan Flynn seems to have settled, but speed merchants always seem to suffer a bit more.

Giggs was cursed in soccer until the yoga helped him, surely there are other ways to help lads. FFS our serious knee injury level was a joke a few years ago too.

Anyway, who is naming a team here...

I believe it will be Cian O’Neill.

Given his record I’m guessing:

Donnellan
Kelly
Hyland
O’Grady
Byrne
Doyle
Flynn K
Feely
Cribbin P
Conway
Cribbin K
Brophy
Kelly
Flynn D
O’Connor or N Flynn depending on injury

Back to top Go down
Shergar
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 26, 2018 2:11 am

Best of luck to all the lads on Sunday. Given the nature of the opposition, there's an argument for going with 7 forwards like Dublin did last year rather than 7 backs. Would have Moolick there because even without Brendan Murphy, Carlow have plenty of big men out there. In a sense who plays is less important than how they play Sunday as they absolutely have to push up on the keeper's kickouts and not get involved in a cagey game with both sides playing with sweepers as that's just asking for trouble (exhibit a: us against Wexford 2 years ago, exhibit b: Monaghan v Carlow last year).

Worth remembering the number of people not involved for one reason or another tomorrow: Ben McCormack, Eoin Powderly, Mick Kelly, Shea Ryan, Con Kavanagh, Conor Hartley, Ryan Houlihan, Adam Tyrrell, Rory Feely, Eoghan Flats, Liam Healy, Eddie Heavey, Sean Hurley, Shane McNamara. There were rumours of a few more asked in at the beginning of the year who turned down the invitation. If we make the Super 8s with that amount of talent not even on the panel then we're going well. A lot of the players not involved, not necessarily the manager's fault. But when you go outside the top 6 counties, the relative success or failure of counties is usually tied into who has most of the best footballers in the county available to them at that time. If we're serious about making the top 8 league and championship in the next few years we need most of the best players committed to the county because when you are dependent on the same group of 19-20 players you end up being predictable and easily picked off by the top teams.

Expecting 55 minutes of torment before we eventually open up a tiring Carlow team.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 26, 2018 2:21 am

Good look to the lads on Sunday, we need to play our own game and not get dragged into playing their game and play to 120% ability and commitment this is Championship Football everything else that has gone on this year will be forgot about.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 26, 2018 3:39 am

Interesting to see PP have Laois as slight favourites to beat WM.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 26, 2018 4:18 am

Shergar wrote:
Best of luck to all the lads on Sunday. Given the nature of the opposition, there's an argument for going with 7 forwards like Dublin did last year rather than 7 backs. Would have Moolick there because even without Brendan Murphy, Carlow have plenty of big men out there. In a sense who plays is less important than how they play Sunday as they absolutely have to push up on the keeper's kickouts and not get involved in a cagey game with both sides playing with sweepers as that's just asking for trouble (exhibit a: us against Wexford 2 years ago, exhibit b: Monaghan v Carlow last year).

Worth remembering the number of people not involved for one reason or another tomorrow: Ben McCormack, Eoin Powderly, Mick Kelly, Shea Ryan, Con Kavanagh, Conor Hartley, Ryan Houlihan, Adam Tyrrell, Rory Feely, Eoghan Flats, Liam Healy, Eddie Heavey, Sean Hurley, Shane McNamara. There were rumours of a few more asked in at the beginning of the year who turned down the invitation. If we make the Super 8s with that amount of talent not even on the panel then we're going well. A lot of the players not involved, not necessarily the manager's fault. But when you go outside the top 6 counties, the relative success or failure of counties is usually tied into who has most of the best footballers in the county available to them at that time. If we're serious about making the top 8 league and championship in the next few years we need most of the best players committed to the county because when you are dependent on the same group of 19-20 players you end up being predictable and easily picked off by the top teams.

Expecting 55 minutes of torment before we eventually open up a tiring Carlow team.

You could add Ollie Lyons and Emmet Bolton to that list too.

You'd have to ask why such a large amount of players didn't make themselves available. But that's for another day .

I'd expect and 8+ point victory for us Sunday. Anything else in my eyes would not be acceptable
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 26, 2018 4:22 am

A lot of those lads simply weren’t picked (and in many cases wouldn’t improve the panel). Some of them were in earlier in the year. A lot are traveling or have other commitments. That’s fine by me and not necessarily a reflection on management if that’s what’s implied here. Look at any county other than the top 3 or 4 and it’s the same.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 26, 2018 4:50 am

Shergar wrote:

good few of those players are gone travelling this year.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 26, 2018 5:59 am

I was talking to two people involved in the Carlow set up today. One of them said the odds "are an insult to Carlow" but the second made an interesting point: "If ever we needed motivation for Sunday, and we don't, then we have it in the odds."
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 26, 2018 6:37 am

The odds are the odds - nothing to do with Kildare. I’m sure Carlow have motivation enough without that. They’ve never seemed lacking in that characteristic.

This game is all about us though and our mental/ physical state. Probably more the former than the latter.

Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 26, 2018 7:09 am

Team picked is exactly as I predicted above.

Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   Sat May 26, 2018 7:20 am

Cathal mc nally has hamstring injury out for Sunday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Carlow   

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Carlow
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next