Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare GAA Finances

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:28 pm

I'm going by the conversations being had at grassroots level.

On the Kerry golden years element to the debate – realistically, Kerry did not have the population, resources, finances and playing pick to sustain that over a longer period. Dublin most definitely do.

Btw, it's only right that we acknowledge that this is an awesome Dublin team with a superb manager. But if they win the All Ireland again this year, expect this whole debate to kick off again in a big way.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:46 am

I think it's incredibly unlikely that they'll ever split Dublin. Maybe if they also start dominating hurling it might happen.

Edit: I'd love to listen to the podcast but unfortunately there's some of sort of fuckwittery going on with the Today FM website where I get directed to download their mobile apps on their podcast page after briefly seeing the list of podcasts. No doubt this is because I refused their cookies so they can GTFO.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:16 am

Pity you can't get the podcast CilĺDara2000, it should be sent to every officer on the GAA council and every serious journalist with a shred of integrity.
I disagree with you on the potential split Haunted, It's never going to happen, you know how slow the GAA are to change, they are like the church in this country, there will be lesbian bishops before Dublin GAA is split.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:21 am

Dublin will continue to pull in huge money for the foreseeable future so if we want to complete we need to up our game, we are 17/18 for raising funds and we can and have to do much better
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:15 pm

KILL BILL wrote:
Pity you can't get the podcast CilĺDara2000, it should be sent to every officer on the GAA council and every serious journalist with a shred of integrity.      
I disagree with you on the potential split Haunted,  It's never going to happen, you know how slow the GAA are to change, they are like the church in this country, there will be lesbian bishops before Dublin GAA is split.

Shocked Razz affraid
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:16 pm

lillyboy wrote:
Dublin will continue to pull in huge money for the foreseeable future so if we want to complete we need to up our game, we are 17/18 for raising funds and we can and have to do much better

Amen. Dermot Reilly is telling us all he has a list as long as his arm and only has the interests of Kildare GAA at heart but won't get the money in unless he's in but he's not interested in being county chairman now or anything, even though he went for it and didn't get it...

Nevertheless, this is one of the most important jobs in a county board now. They have played with part-time commercial roles before - Glenn Ryan had it once upon a time. It's worth paying someone to do this, but it should be a priority. And Kildare have many more advantages than others. They really messed up during the Tiger and thus weren't insulated when it all went to pot at the same time as expenditure all over the country was going up due to rising professionalism of preparation.

But you need revenue for full-time coaches too, to get into the schools and clubs - particularly as teachers aren't doing the schools like they used to.

Anyway, they should still be doing better, even if they have to get their own ball because Dermot is taking his home.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:24 pm

lillyboy wrote:

That's it. We need to get our own shit sorted to the point where we are unquestionably the second best team in the province year in year out.
Now we shouldn't need help from outside to do that. Dublin are a monster that needs to be sorted out from a central GAA point of view and fair play Tommy for continuing to make that noise.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:43 pm

Just to say again why split is inevitable – we are talking about a situation where Real Madrid are competing against, not Premiership teams – but Championship teams. That's the sort of disparity we're talking about.

But the level of disinterest people feared has already happened. Last year's Leinster final had the feel of an event and the 70,000 crowd only stood out further for how rare it is now.

This year we're back to a situation where Laois know they haven't a prayer and are going to be humiliated. Supporters and increasingly administrators and media commentators know it's a charade and unsustainable. Hence, radical action is on the way.

Re our finances and promoting ourselves, it's dismal and we have no one to blame on that from but ourselves. Clubs in Kildare do a better job of promoting themselves than the county team. On Moorefield's website you can buy merch and game DVDs. Oh for similar imagination at county level.

Galway have made hay from commemorating 98 All Ireland win. We 100 percent should have commemorated Leinster final that year with an event - I suggested as much on here and was shot down. But that's exactly why we're not monetising the brand and legacy. I'm just explaining it to you – that's the way it is whether people want to hear it or not.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:47 pm

I go back to the point that the most interesting content around the county team is generated by the fans!! It's ridiculous.

Btw, Dermot Reilly is right in a lot of the points he makes. We aren't realising our potential as a county.

But here's an interesting point – even if we did, Dublin would still beat us 90 percent of the time anyway. That's how serious this situation is.

Mayo do realise their potential, and they haven't beaten Dublin since... Do you know, I literally can't remember the last time they beat them in league or championship! And they're their closest rivals. Says it all really.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Dublin are a monster who are not going away...but that is zero excuse for us.
And by the way in terms of content generation, this is no way a dig at Christine Murray who is a volunteer PRO who does her best as we have seen down the years with Moorefield.

I know #CarlowRising gets mocked but they really put themselves out there. all the players and manager are always on social media and they make noise given the chance.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:38 pm

Carlow Rising created a sense of a movement around the team and we saw how powerful it's been. Mayo always have that feeling too – 10,000 at a qualifier match in Limerick, incredible.

Us, not so much.

Like - even something as simple as a Kildare GAA podcast, there isn't one! We're a long way behind.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:05 am

What role, if any, has the Kildare Gaa Head of Operations is relation to finances within Kildare Gaa.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:28 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
I go back to the point that the most interesting content around the county team is generated by the fans!! It's ridiculous.

Btw, Dermot Reilly is right in a lot of the points he makes. We aren't realising our potential as a county.

But here's an interesting point – even if we did, Dublin would still beat us 90 percent of the time anyway. That's how serious this situation is.

Mayo do realise their potential, and they haven't beaten Dublin since... Do you know, I literally can't remember the last time they beat them in league or championship! And they're their closest rivals. Says it all really.

I'm agreeing entirely with this, from a commercial perspective. And that is one of the major requirements. A lot of the rest feeds from this. Facilities, coaches, support from bottom up. Needs to be paid for.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:53 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:

Galway have made hay from commemorating 98 All Ireland win. We 100 percent should have commemorated Leinster final that year with an event - I suggested as much on here and was shot down. But that's exactly why we're not monetising the brand and legacy. I'm just explaining it to you – that's the way it is whether people want to hear it or not.

That would have been a superb idea. Off top of my head. Replay game on big screen in Conleths. Nice summers day. BBQ. meet and greet the players of the day. Stalls and attractions for kids making it a real family event. Could have had a few go games against Meath teams maybe. Pulling that together wouldn't cost much.

Charge €10 a head. Kids free. I'd be all over something like that anyway if only for the nostalgia factor.

Commission some limited edition '98 t-shirts/ jerseys. Sell on the day.

You cannot underestimate what that did for the county back in 1998. It will never be replicated.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:03 am

What are club Kildare doing help things
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:42 am

Sam1928 wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

That would have been a superb idea. Off top of my head. Replay game on big screen in Conleths. Nice summers day. BBQ. meet and greet the players of the day. Stalls and attractions for kids making it a real family event. Could have had a few go games against Meath teams maybe. Pulling that together wouldn't cost much.

Charge €10 a head. Kids free. I'd be all over something like that anyway if only for the nostalgia factor.

Commission some limited edition '98 t-shirts/ jerseys. Sell on the day.

You cannot underestimate what that did for the county back in 1998. It will never be replicated.

Galway have made an absolute fortune out of commemorating the All Ireland win. Unfortunately we've totally missed the boat on this one. Asleep at the wheel as usual.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:54 am

both Kildare and Galway teams from 1998 had gathering before the Kildare v Galway league match this year in Newbridge town hall
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:22 am

Are we for real... Thought about this for a while in hope of remaining calm but that isn't happening with time. I more than most bemoan Dublin's finances, but they don't even have to ask and we more than anyone else are trousers off, and bent over, ready to take it. That's Grange, Clane and now these spoofers in Kilcullen. I get the sense that if the Liffey flowed the other way they'd be down sniffing the water. It's pathetic and we might as well give up when our GAA is filled with these losers who know neither shame nor pride. If anyone knows people in the club feel free to pass on my sentiments. A disgrace.

Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:45 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Are we for real... Thought about this for a while in hope of remaining calm but that isn't happening with time. I more than most bemoan Dublin's finances, but they don't even have to ask and we more than anyone else are trousers off, and bent over, ready to take it. That's Grange, Clane and now these spoofers in Kilcullen. I get the sense that if the Liffey flowed the other way they'd be down sniffing the water. It's pathetic and we might as well give up when our GAA is filled with these losers who know neither shame nor pride. If anyone knows people in the club feel free to pass on my sentiments. A disgrace.

Kildare and Kilcullen jersey was also auction off on night as well
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:39 am

So what?
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:49 am

This Dub love-in amongst certain lads in Kildare clubs is pathetic... Talk about embarrassing yourself! Seriously look at yr man beside Brogan in the photo... Jesus Christ what a gobshite!!

Kilcullen social media manager as well - spectacular fail.
Back to top Go down
Highball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:57 am

This is a complete and utter joke - thanks for highlighting Tommy. Embarrassing
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:58 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
So what?
this on all time only this year this a cllub had member from Dublin Ladies team down to give out medals to their Ladies team . Jackie Tyrell and Tomas o se was part of Newbridge parish race meeting on cuuagh last week and kids get photos Liam McCarthy and sam maguire cups
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:02 am

You do realise that our county is literally being pummeled into decimation by Dublin, whose brand is taking over the GAA, while more and more second generation Dublin kids are in our midst. So what do we do? Sell their brand for them as if they need help, sell their identity, their successes, their heroes, their image, meaning all that gets stronger and all these kids idolise the only team they'll ever want to play for. Maybe Kilcullen could go play in their championship, organise a bus through the town when they win Leinster 64 on the trot, put up blue bunting come August...
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:15 am

Jesus does Tommy really have to explain it to people... Don't be so dim FFS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Finances   

Back to top Go down

Kildare GAA Finances
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next