Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare V Mayo

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:55 pm

It should be in Newbridge, full stop, but not on Saturday, the Derby is due off at 5.20 p.m. and traffic in and on all roads leading to and from Newbridge will be crazy.

Should be played on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:00 pm

If this does take place in Croke Park, if I were home I'd love to organise a section of Kildare supporters to dump about 10 cardboard boxes of fake banknotes onto the pitch just before throw in before all getting up and walking out.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:02 pm

LillieLad wrote:
Lads when did we last win a match in Croke Park, totally unrelated but was in that shite Wexford match?

On the game I think we have a chance we must resist it being moved out of Newbridge, either way I think we will cause them trouble. Seamus O'Shea and Tom Parsons being out are massive losses for them. Clark is a class Goal Keeper but doesn't have the best kick out in the world so if we push up on them we will make hay in the middle. Mayo like ourselves are very vulnerable when teams run at them so the Flynn's. the 2 Cribbin's etc will do a job here. Have massive respect for this Mayo team but I believe we will win. The last 2 results have given us a bit of momentum and Mayo could have lost against Tipp. Looking forward to this, all though was the one team I didn't want as I have a soft spot for them due to Grandad being from there and the moth...Fuck it I hope we hammer them:bounce:  

Yes it was Wexford
Back to top Go down
Highball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:05 pm

Not going - Shameful stuff yet again. It never even crossed my mind this wouldn't be a home game.

I agree with all the sentiment - Everything up to and including a full boycott of this fixture should be on the cards -
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:09 pm

Kildare s protest currently reported on Newstalk
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:10 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
If this does take place in Croke Park, if I were home I'd love to organise a section of Kildare supporters to dump about 10 cardboard boxes of fake banknotes onto the pitch just before throw in before all getting up and walking out.

Let's do it!
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:16 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:

Let's do it!

You have to pay in to do that. And they'd probably arrest you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:17 pm

If it comes to that, anybody know what the penalties are for giving a walkover in a championship match, other than obviously losing the game and being kicked out of the championship?
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:26 pm

I wonder what do cavan think havi g to play in croke Park as well its should be a venue of their choice as well
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:30 pm

moatesports wrote:
I wonder what do cavan think havi g to play in croke Park as well its should be a venue of their choice as well

Cavan had to play Down in Fermanagh at the weekend because Breffni Park is under construction.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:34 pm

Will anyone actually go to croker? I for one have absolutely no intention of travelling to it there and speaking to a few out and out diehards they won't either. Feel for players as they are the ones who will ultimately suffer but I just can't stomach it anymore
Back to top Go down
Sir Gazelle
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:41 pm

It beggars belief to think the gaa top table can steal home advantage and put the game in Mayo's second home. Not only do the gaa want Dublin at the top but they will do anything to ensure that they get their box office billing of Dublin and the second most supported county of Mayo. Croke Park really are money mad mercenaries.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:08 pm

Ah Lads this is a loblx .. bottom line is what's the point.. if we somehow made the last 8 we'll get no home game.
Not going. End off.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:12 pm

Where's Cian O'Neill? Eoin Doyle? Why are they not speaking out against this?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:16 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Ah Lads this is a loblx .. bottom line is what's the point.. if we somehow made the last 8 we'll get no home game.
Not going. End off.

Precisely the point.
Why bother?
And pay extra because it's a double header?
Nope - drawing the line.

Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:20 pm

Dinny Breen wrote:

I don't think they should have to say anything. Cian and Eoin should only have 1 focus, that is being ready to play the game if or when it goes ahead.

My issue with a boycott of the game is that this should only be taken if the players agree to it and it's incredibly unfair on this group of players to expect them to give up 9 months of training. They'd play the game on the moon at this stage.
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:24 pm

Mail gone to season ticket not going to renew next year and opt out used for this fixture if game goes anywhere out of Newbridge
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:25 pm

FearBan wrote:
Dinny Breen wrote:

I don't think they should have to say anything. Cian and Eoin should only have 1 focus, that is being ready to play the game if or when it goes ahead.

My issue with a boycott of the game is that this should only be taken if the players agree to it and it's incredibly unfair on this group of players to expect them to give up 9 months of training. They'd play the game on the moon at this stage.
Yes it's about the team and management but it's also about the core issue of honesty and fairness within the organisation. That is a much deeper and ultimately more important issue. Let's all turn up at Conleth's - team; supporters, the lot....the publicity will have more impact on the GAA than anything else we can do
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:27 pm

FearBan wrote:

If fans boycott the game then the only ones losing out are the players.

I'm all for a boycott though as it's the only effective way to make our feelings known.

If the players are linked to any charity or upcoming fundraisers I (and I'm sure lots of other fans), would happily donate the cost of Saturday's ticket to that instead.

If there's a crowd gathering at Conleth's just to make a stand on Saturday by not going to game then it'd be nice to have some sort of collection made among fans instead.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:29 pm

FearBan wrote:
Dinny Breen wrote:

I disagree Kevin McStay was quite vocal when it looked the Connacht final was going to be moved.

To me it looks like it's all already been agreed with the blessing of the Cian and the players.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:30 pm

smokey wrote:
Mail gone to season ticket not going to renew next year and opt out used for this fixture if game goes anywhere out of Newbridge

What's the email address? Will do likewise
Back to top Go down
Onechance
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:42 pm

Yeah put the email address up here. I don't have a season ticket but I'm going to email them to let them know I'll never buy one now if the game is moved Smile
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:13 pm

Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:44 pm

Are the GAA hierarchy to ashamed of Conleths park to have it paraded on Sky sports ?. Fck them.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:28 pm

If GAA don’t back down are we committing to giving Mayo a walkover. The person on six one never asked CON that question and it is not covered in the statement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   

Back to top Go down

Kildare V Mayo
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next