Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare V Mayo

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:42 am

This could possibly galvanise this group of players. Newbridge this sat with or without Mayo and everyone chanting

"Newbridge or nowhere"

Gonna be great
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:14 am

Thoughts on the 15 for Saturday?

Nah me neither..
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:19 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
Thoughts on the 15 for Saturday?

Nah me neither..

Looks like "We Didn't Start The Fire" might get a start this week 365.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:56 am

Should send 15 middle-aged farmers dressed in jeans and wellies to Croker on Saturday to play Mayo. Live on Sky Sports across the world. Now that would be a PR disaster of epic proportions. Show it on a big screen in Conleth's.

Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:06 am

Taibi wrote:
Should send 15 middle-aged farmers dressed in jeans and wellies to Croker on Saturday to play Mayo. Live on Sky Sports across the world. Now that would be a PR disaster of epic proportions. Show it on a big screen in Conleth's.

15 of us while O'Neill and the panel are back in Newbridge doing a meet and greet with fans.

Interesting to see how many Mayo fans actually buy tickets for Saturday - the Cavan and Tyrone crowd would be lost on their own in Croke Park for the first game anyways.

As soon as the GAA announced that each team in the super 8 would get at least 1 home game this situation was on the cards, they'll also be under pressure when it comes to Dublin's neutral venue game.

It's about time 1 county took a stand and I'm delighted it's us. I've questioned the mentality of O'Neill and the players and their heart and passion in the past but if they hold firm on this I don't think it's fair to do that again.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:34 am

The amount of support from current and ex players of all counties on social media for Kildare's stance is staggering. The GPA statement is also most welcome.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:59 am

Just needs to be pointed out that the post on Mayo GAA blog about this is a load of nonsense - and quite insulting to Kildare GAA.

But analysing situations was never their strong suit - if it was they wouldn't have sent the same 15 guys to lose to Dublin continuously for past five years.

Kildare never beat the Dubs they say - FYI guys, neither do you.

Also: the post is a fairly transparent & lame attempt to counteract the fact they've been decimated in the media war.

Right, wasted quite enough time addressing that.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:30 pm

That's one guy, nothing to do with Mayo GAA, as Cian O'Neill said, when the draw was made, Mayo would have been getting ready to go to Newbridge. Mayo are a fine team, have been one of the rare romantic stories of the inter-county game. That has nothing to do with them, and doesn't reflect on them in any way.

I think Kildare 365 addressed him well; he has a comment left for me that I have yet to respond to. Probably because I dissed the great David Brady, who I hope is sorry for doing what he does best, playing the boyo and trying to get an oul laugh from the boys, but now realising that he misjudged the tone completely - as evidenced by the many negative replies he got. But that's his schtick. One-liner, guffaw, I'm a gas man.

For what it's worth, here's what I wrote last night for The Times. The biggest bullshit of all this is that the GAA say they want all the people that want to see the game to be able to do so, and then, it's going to be aired on a subscription channel. Where is that rolling eyes emoji?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/ireland/croke-park-executives-must-serve-grass-roots-9pkmdmf8r
Back to top Go down
intheback
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:37 pm

Why is the Tyrone match in Croke Park as well ? That is bloody stupid.

What will happen to people why have already bought tickets ?

Its a horrific mess all round.

Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:41 pm

There are works going on in Breffni - they don't have a ground. They played Down in Brewster Park Saturday. It was Manna from Heaven for HQ.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:46 pm

Was practically up on my feet cheering by the end of that Ogie, fair play to you.

Btw, have come up with our new anthem - AC / DC's Rock Or Bust reworked to Newbridge Or Bust.

Performance clip below with Tommy Keegan on vocals, Kildare365 on lead guitar and me on bass & backing vocals.

Chorus: "In Seamus Aldridge we trust / It's Newbridge or bust". Singalong!

https://youtu.be/IUYbxEjx9q0

Back to top Go down
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:01 pm

Firstly well done to the county board for not rolling over - this is a crazy situation and shows that the GAA has turned into a money making organisation and I would like to know the amount of full time paid staff in Croke Park now making big salaries and forgetting about the players and supporters that are the most important thing about the GAA.........

Reminds me of the FAI years ago with the Executives up front in Business Class on planes and the players back in economy!!!
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:07 pm

Sean Kelly suggesting significant 'compensation ' in the way of a 20,000 stadium. ......
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:09 pm

Croke Park named David Gough as referee for match
Back to top Go down
Highball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:10 pm

Iraqi information minister comes to mind Fone....
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:13 pm

Everyone: go onto YouTube & and Google Off The Ball AM from this morning. The performance from CCCC chairman Ned Quinn is shockingly inept - confirmation as it were needed that we have been completely shafted. DISGRACEFUL.

I'm telling you we've blown this shit wide open... He also intimates that for counties like Kildare, home advantage against the top teams was never a genuine prospect - which apparently we should have all been aware of (?!) - and will not be so in the future should we again draw a top team or play in Super 8s.

I'd add more but I'm actually kind of speechless... This honestly gets worse by the hour for the GAA.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:18 pm

Staggering in its buffoonery. They made sure not to mention that when selling the S8. And them to suggest the savages would turn on people that had tickets... Christ.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:29 pm

So the Super 8s plan of one home, one away and one in Croker (match) is bs. for any County that haven't a 15k plus capacity.. shur what's the point in that.
Back to top Go down
Highball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:33 pm

I am revelling in all of this - Didn't think I would be as energised about a Kildare performance in years. Smile If any county board official, team member or anyone involved reads this forum I think the message is clear.

Stand firm - We are with you all the way on this one.

Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:38 pm

Then Sean Kelly comes on saying the GAA should just buy us off!!

Aside from our own issue, it's genuinely worrying what this whole saga tells us about the GAA upper echelons.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:40 pm

The point Seamus is that it's all about making as much money as possible. The S8 is looking more and more like a money making racket tilted in favour of the top 4 teams. And to illustrate it more the best funded and most successful team get 2 home games. Jesus even FIFA wouldn't try that
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:06 pm

I'd say con has bought himself another year at the helm of kildare with his stand on this one and united the county big time its up to the team now to drive on with all kildare backing them to the hilt

Last edited by moatesports on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:09 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Everyone: go onto YouTube & and Google Off The Ball AM from this morning. The performance from CCCC chairman Ned Quinn is shockingly inept - confirmation as it were needed that we have been completely shafted. DISGRACEFUL.

I'm telling you we've blown this shit wide open... He also intimates that for counties like Kildare, home advantage against the top teams was never a genuine prospect - which apparently we should have all been aware of (?!) - and will not be so in the future should we again draw a top team or play in Super 8s.

I'd add more but I'm actually kind of speechless... This honestly gets worse by the hour for the GAA.

If the above is the case then why weren't we asked at the beginning of the year to nominate the venue we would use in the event of reaching the Super8s or having to play a county such as Mayo in the qualifiers. That is at best complete lack of foresight on the GAA's behalf or at worst complete BS and slibhínism!
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:16 pm

What's worse is the Health & Safety BS they've pulled out of their arses... Quinn paints a scene of some dystopian, Mad Max-style nightmare outside beforehand (actually not too far off what Newbridge is like but usually after closing time).

This idea of fans rioting for tickets – I go back to to my original point: what is this, Millwall in the 80s?! When has there EVER been public order offences at GAA games.

Also, need to further explain this to some Mayo fans as they're a bit slow on the uptake: fixing the game - fixing being the operative word - is in CCCC remit, but if the grounds on which they move it are wrong (which they glaringly are in this instance), we have a major problem.

Hence this issue burning the internet to the ground.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:25 pm

I honestly can't even be bothered picking holes in this anymore... The GAA have dug themselves a hole so deep at this stage they're practically in Australia.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/gaa-fear-crowd-animosity-if-match-goes-ahead-in-newbridge-1.3544189
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   

Back to top Go down

Kildare V Mayo
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next