Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:13 am

Tbh, whatever way this plays out, we've won.

If it's played in Newbridge, it's a landmark. If - more likely - we're thrown out, it's a national sporting scandal and Kildare GAA is a cause celebre.

Other counties take note - this is what happens when you show some balls.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:15 am

Absolutely, its been a long time since I was as proud. The GAA have massively misjudged this. The reaction across the Country has been unanimously in favour of Kildare. We are in a no lose scenario. The GAA a no win scenario, it's like they walked straight into the trap and now find there is no way they save face. Massive moment in the recent GAA history and it's Kildare making it.

See you all in Newbridge Saturday for either a football game or a celebration of victory.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:15 am

Credit to the CB too. I think we all jumped the gun this morning thinking they rolled over. They've stood firm so credit to Donnelly and his team.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:17 am

Just to say as well - encouraging everyone to get behind U20s on Friday night in Tullamore. Winning that game and reaching a Leinster final would be another nice "f**k you" to the GAA hierarchy.
Back to top Go down
All down the line
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:19 am

Rumour that Christy Moore will play a gig in St Conleth's Saturday night if the game isn't on there
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:29 am

Taibi wrote:
Credit to the CB too. I think we all jumped the gun this morning thinking they rolled over. They've stood firm so credit to Donnelly and his team.

Indeed. I'm glad my text to him earlier was polite in urging him to hold firm and concede the walkover if needs be.

The national response and support for Kildare has been amazing too.

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Just to say as well - encouraging everyone to get behind U20s on Friday night in Tullamore. Winning that game and reaching a Leinster final would be another nice "f**k you" to the GAA hierarchy.

There's also the minors on Wednesday night in Newbridge.

Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:35 am

Yes minors too!
Back to top Go down
Cranky
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:53 am

I'm bloody proud of my county right now, this is so much more than about one match and always was. This is a landmark occasion where the REAL GAA people take back our game from the money men in HQ. Well done all.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:03 am

Just looking at other forums and there is overwhelming support for the stand Kildare are taking. Meath, Laois and Mayo fans all 100% behind us. A few grouchy Dublin supporters against us but nothing new there.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:14 am

Not surprised Dubs antsy as this all part of wider discussion about their financial doping, unfair advantages for elite counties and general mercenary approach of GAA HQ.

None of us want to go to games in Croke Park to subsidise the Dub squad's life coaches.

The GAA doesn't realise what a can of worms it's opened here - and I'm loving it!

Last edited by HauntedGraffiti on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Gazelle
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:15 am

I have to admire the balls shown by the team, the management and dare I say the cb which is to be commended. I am surprised how much this story has grown and the overwhelming support from other counties and commentators for standing up to scheming and greed. The support form outside Kildare is not for any love of Kildare but it's ordinary gaa people who are extremely p!$$ed off with the greed and constant scheeming (e.g. plotting against Wicklow in 18 and Laois in 17) The greedy gaa top dogs have let their mask slip so far it's embarrassing and it will get much worse in Saturday. I know that the gaa don't want to be seen to back down but I really think they have no idea of the uproar it will cause after Saturday not just in Kildare but the whole gaa community. If they don't sort this soon they will be shamed by the speculate Saturday night of a team kicked out of a competition for the gaa changing its own rules to do anything to keep the best 2 teams on course and I don't mean any bad luck to mayo who are fantastic and who I greatly admire. Come on greedy gaa sort this now before it gets to the levels of hysteria after Saturday.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:28 am

Never been more proud of my county!
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:34 am

All down the line wrote:
Rumour that Christy Moore will play a gig in St Conleth's Saturday night if the game isn't on there
He's onstage in Cork that night .... otherwise I gather he might well have been there
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:39 am

We should get a Newbridge or nowhere chant going on Wednesday. Only question is what "air" to put it to.
Back to top Go down
Cranky
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:42 am

Someone had to take a stand eventually to save our game. I genuinely don't enjoy it anymore and it's not because we don't win anything of importance. I've followed Kildare in the 80s and 90s and we won nothing then too but I enjoyed it and would greet each new season with a new sense of optimism and excitement. This money driven era has killed that unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:50 am

I LOVES ME COUNTY
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:52 am

Agree, Cranky. Leinster championship is dead. Handing Dublin two home games in the Super 8s beggars belief and I can see there being uproar once that comes to fruition later on. Used to love going to Croke Park growing up but absolutely detest the place and all it stands for now. Nothing but a money gouge, ads thrown at you from every direction and of course the atmosphere is horrible unless there's 60k there.

The romance of the GAA is gone and replaced by greed. Sepp Blatter has nothing on some of these guys in HQ.
Back to top Go down
Highball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:58 am

And what makes it all the more wonderful is the hardline stance taken by Hq earlier - they have backed themselves into a hole now - the whole GAA community is with Kildare on this one and its brilliant to see.. if this pans out the way it’s looking , it’s a potential reeling in the years moment this Saturday
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:03 am

Pat Nolan is even praising Kildare on Twitter. We officially have the support of everybody.
Back to top Go down
Fizzer
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:03 am

Looking at what’s happened today, I am extremely proud tonight to be a kildare man and support the team , management and county board to the hilt over the position they have taken.

The statement issued was lengthy, but informative and well written.

However I find it remarkable that the GAA were able to announce that Sky were covering the double header quicker than Kildare’s considered statement issued is perhaps the real story in this.

At what point today did Sky’s double header coverage become a consideration? This whole thing smells.

McGill suggested that there wouldn’t be health and safety concerns for any other county other than mayo visiting St Conleths. That’s obviously a rediculous statement as the health and safety issues must surely be the same for every counties supporters.

So what he really meant was st conleths lacks the capacity for a match of this size. Now that’s a different thing altogether and when you take into account the Sky double header coverage thrn it’s really just about the money. Nothing else, pure greed.

Shame on the GAA and shame on whoever this mickey mouse bully McGill is.

Kildare are right and I am proud to support them.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:08 am

Just to get to the crux of McGill's "argument", he said a major "worry" was the volume of people turning up without tickets.

Is this ACTUALLY for real? What is this - Millwall in the 80s?! When has there EVER been a public order problem at a GAA game...

And they actually think we'll swallow this tripe!!
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:09 am

Fizzer you are right - there is just something off about this whole situation...
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:17 am

We should get as many to attend Newbridge on Saturday as possible, we need to embarrass these mercenaries for what they are, this is a pivotal moment in Kildare and all GAA history!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:11 am

tomoneillandhissisteranne wrote:
All down the line wrote:
He's onstage in Cork that night .... otherwise I gather he might well have been there

Anyone sounded out Martin Lynch? Can belt out a tune
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:13 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:

Not to mention heading to Armagh. I suppose some "Kildare Says No"
banners might be a step too far?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   

Back to top Go down

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted
Page 5 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next