Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

club league/ championship

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
headhoncho
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: club league/ championship   Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:54 am

I see the fixtures for the league season have been sent out.What teams are are in championship divisions, ie senior/intermediate
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club league/ championship   Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:14 am

Championship Draws not normally done until the April or May County Board and the Grading done at the same time.

The 2009 "rules" had both Finalists in Junior B, C & D promoted for 2010. Was 2010 the same or Winners only promoted, as in Junior A & Inter?

One Senior team was lost a "Relegation Play Off" in 2010 so they will be Inter for 2011.

The Inter teams played in the Senior for the last few years and as the Official Rule Book provides for this it could continue so Inter teams, Maynooth, Ballykelly (Junior A Winners) and Grange likely to be in Senior with the set up likely to be, IMO and I have no imput !!!!

Senior – Inter Winners Castlemitchell, Balyna, Eadestown Sarsfields Confey Leixlip +possibly Maynooth Grange & Ballykelly

Senior Relegation play-off was Grange v Sarsfields

2010 Intermediate Maynooth, Grange, Ballykelly

Junior A Clane, Naas, St Laurence’s, & Junior B winners Carbury

Junior B Kilcock (Runners Up so could be Junior A) Suncroft, Na Fianna, Athgarvan, Kilcullen & Junior C Winners Moorefield

Junior C Robert Emmett’s (Runners Up so could be Junior B) Sarsfields II, Prosperous Castledermot Ballymore Rathangan & Junior D Winners Celbridge

Junior D Round Towers (Runners Up so could be Junior C), Kill, Rheban, Kildangan/Nurney, Athy, Milltown, Monasterevin, + possible new teams, such as Castlemitchell 11, who are in the League, unless they are graded higher !!!

Its good to see a new, much younger, person in as Fixtures Secretary and she might want to get things sorted earlier than "normal"
Back to top Go down
Lilylady11
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: club league/ championship   Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:54 pm

I dont think a 'younger person' will make any improvement to the fixtures setup in this county. The only reason theres a young person doing the job is because nobody else wanted it and she happens to have a lot of time on her hands.

The fixtures calander has been a joke for a long long time in Kildare, dictated by either the county manager or the clubs - who pick and choose when they play.
The current incumbant will not have the ability or the respect of the clubs/county manager to change any of this.
It suits the big clubs to have the fixtures in a mess as it allows them to play when they feel like it or not, as is often the case.

Also, could somebody please tell me what genius decided to play club matches on a Tuesday night?
More importantly, why wasn't this discussed with and voted on by the clubs? With many girls away in college, clubs are obviously going to struggle to play games on a Tueday night.

Anybody who expects anything other than the usual abundance of walkovers, matches being played when clubs feel like it and 13 aside games - is fooling themselves. If girls arent willing to travel home for county senior training, the most definitely will not travel for club games. Pretty sad when you consider how many of them are only in Dublin. But thats the attitude in this county and it aint going to change anytime soon....

Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club league/ championship   Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:41 am

Lilylady11

I dont know who proposed the dates but assume they were approved BY THE CLUBS at a County Board meeting after being put forward from a Fixtures Meeting of which all Clubs were notified. Thus the Clubs approved them twice over.

I would agree with your point regarding all Tuesday games in the Senior League and expect many Clubs will play them the week-end prior, on Sat pm or Sunday am.

As for the overall dates here is an Invitation.

Next November when the National & Provincial Fixtures are done you can set out a Kildare Fixtures Calendar, get your Club to approve and put it to the County Board in November or December. You can be certain the Delegates will be delighted to accept and the Fixtures SEc will be thrilled not to have to spend a week or two pouring over it.

Back to top Go down
littleSam
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: club league/ championship   Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:31 pm

What ever happened to the Sunday morning games? I miss the 11 am matches. Mainly because I thought they suited clubs better.....
Perhaps we could take the same approach as our male counterparts....
Weekend games and clubs must play with or without county players for the league but don't have to play championship without them. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
okok
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: club league/ championship   Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:28 am

i know of one club who proposed a change of fixtures back to Sundays instead of this Tuesday fiasco and it was shot down at a county board meeting cause i was there. Inter county games was sited as the reason, that we could not play on Sundays. Club games have never been fixed for the same day of a county game, and as far as i am aware, there is usually a week or 10 days of a gap between a club and county game. Im open to correction on this!

Bring back the sunday games and give clubs a chance to field a team!
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club league/ championship   Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:33 am

okok

Good to hear somebody wanted Sunday games.

Which Sundays/ League Rounds were involved or was it just a general idea

Nobody has taken up the idea I put forward last Monday
Back to top Go down
Dual
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: club league/ championship   Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:22 pm

I understand in an effort to help dual players ladies football & camogie in Kildare came to an agreement that football would have tues, thurs & sat for their matches, camogie Mon, Wed & Sun. Clubs have been asked to stick to these days also, its only national fixtures where there might be a clash. Though its crazy that the 2 national bodies can’t get their act together if counties can.

Not sure if football had already decided on Tues for league before this was agreed but I think so.
Back to top Go down
Lilylady11
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: club league/ championship   Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:10 pm

So the majority of club footballers in Kildare have to suffer a badly organised league because of a very small minority of players on the county team?

Its not that long ago that clubs were invited to vote on how they would like the league and championship fixtures to be set out. Why wasn't this done this time around?

The senior panel is made up of players from something like 13 different clubs. 6 of these clubs are division 1 leaving the rest spread out between the smaller clubs. So why the hell do the majority of clubs - who the county team do not inflict any disruption on have to suffer?

Terrible organising and terrible planning. Again it proves that this county cares only for the so called 'stars' and shows little or no regard for the life blood of the game which incase the organisers forget are THE CLUB PLAYERS!

Back to top Go down
headhoncho
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: club league/ championship   Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:35 am

So anyone got some results from around the league tonight,
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club league/ championship   Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:11 am

Confey 4-11 2-9 Leixlip
Back to top Go down
Lilylady11
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: club league/ championship   Tue May 03, 2011 6:58 am

Would it be too much to expect the results and updated tables to be published on a weekly basis?? Is this not part of the fixtures sec role??
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club league/ championship   Thu May 12, 2011 1:51 am

presume it's the PRO's role... are they on the official website? I see some posted on facebook every now and then.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club league/ championship   Thu May 12, 2011 5:21 am

The "Kildare Ladies Football" Facebook page is the best source for info.

The Hogan Stand Website, both Kildare & Ladies Football sites have plenty coverage, Fixtures, Results & Reports.

Not much on the Kildare GAA or Ladies Gaelic sites & I'm not surprised re Ladiesa Gaelic as it has a poor record of using material supplied ( from me anyway !!!!!)

It would be nice to see League Tables and Div 1 resuts from Rounds 3 & 4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: club league/ championship   

Back to top Go down

club league/ championship
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1