Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The future

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: The future   Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:31 am

To All ladies Football clubs,

Below is the agenda for the U10 & U12 Development Meeting on WED 30th MARCH at 7PM IN SARSFIELDS and attached are the proposals for discussion.
Also attached is a short development document for presentation & discussion.

Who should attend?
Every club should be represented at this meeting as this is where we will decide where the sport of ladies Football is going in Kildare for the coming years.
Every club development officer and person interested in underage girls football can attend and the more opinion we gather, the better we can begin to plan a strategy for the county.

Agenda
7.00pm - Short develoment presentation (where are we at in Kildare)
7.15pm - U10 proposal (see attached)
7.30pm - U12 proposal (see attached)
7.45pm - Summary and action points
8.00pm - County Board Meeting.

the meeting will only be for 1 hour sharp, so please try to attend on time.

Regards,

Des Henry
Development Officer
Back to top Go down
Lilylady11
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: The future   Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:09 am

Des is only repeating things from the past. We have been to numerous meetings over the years where everybody talks the talk and looks interested and caring. Only for an inept countyboard to either renege on the agreements made or to implode under financial irregularities again.

Bottom line is..................the clubs don't give shit.

As long as the status quo remains, the big clubs remain in power and the ship sails on nicely.
But if the big clubs are crossed then everybody may look out.

Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The future   Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:11 am

Positive as usual !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: The future   Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:45 am

I must say that I don't agree with anything Lilylady says. I have been attending the Ladies County Board meetings for the past 18 months and have found the executive to be most agreeable to whatever the clubs suggest.
Des Henry has put a lot of hard work into formulating a development plan which he has rolled out to the clubs, the next step is in the hands of the clubs. Des has only been in the job since the last county convention, a very short time in which to enact a plan which will take 5 years at least.

At each county board meeting every club has an equal voice, most of the time it gets expressed. I don't see any examples of big clubs ruling the roost. Every decision gets put to a vote, with Majority rule. The chairman Joe O'Donoghue is a real football man and a no nonsense chairman. Arthur Corrigan is also dead straight and to the point.

The executive has turned a dire financial situation around in the space of eighteen months and made a lot of cost savings, such as adopting the same crest as Kildare GAA and using the same website. These have resulted in numerous savings.

Kildare has the second highest number of ladies clubs in Leinster after Dublin, also the second highest number of competitions as follows;
Minor Championship (81 matches)
Under 16 Championship (90 Matches)
Under 15 Autumn league (90 Matches)
Under 14 Championship (90 Matches)
Under 14 Feile Tournament (equivalent of 20 full matches)
Under 13 Autumn league (90 Matches)
Under 12 Championship (90 Matches)
Under 11 Autumn League – Non Competitive (90 Matches)
Under 10 Go Games (90 Matches)
Under 9 Go Games (90 Matches)

TOTAL OF 1,054 GAMES PER SEASON
Why all the negativity, ok the set-ip is not perfect, however its a damn sight better than it was in the past.

I must also mention the new PRO, who is doing a fantastic job.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The future   Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:09 am

See the Stars

Well said. Jackie is bril and Des is totally committed. Joe is a trojan football person, played Hurling & Football for Club & Kildare and his girls are very good players but he lets thenm fnd their own way.Majella has been excellent club Sec He is an excellent Chairperson ( made me shut-up and that wasn't easy !!!!!!. )

County Board can only be as good as the Delegates the Clubs send and there are loads of great people. I wish you all the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The future   

Back to top Go down

The future
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1