Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Four Kildare players selected for Leinster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Four Kildare players selected for Leinster   Wed May 18, 2011 12:10 am

Well done to Ais Holton, Brianne Leahy, Noelle Earley and Donna Berry who have been selected to play for Leinster in this week-ends Interprovincials

Leinster
1. Clíodhna O’Connor – Dublin (Captain)

2. Sinead Goldrick – Dublin

3. Sharon Treacy – Longford

4. Aisling Quigley – Laois

5. Aisling Holton – Kildare

6. Sorcha Furlong – Dublin

7. Siobhán McGrath – Dublin

8. Brianne Leahy – Kildare

9. Tracey Lawlor – Laois

10. Noelle Earley – Kildare

11. Elaine Kelly – Dublin

12. Katie O’Brien – Meath

13. Lyndsey Davey – Dublin

14. Sinead Aherne – Dublin

15. Gráinne Nulty – Meath

16. Irene Munnelly – Meath

17. Donna Berry – Kildare

18. Angela Casey – Laois

19. Gemma Fay – Dublin

20. Noirín Kirwan – Laois

21. Laura Walsh – Westmeath

22. Sharon Kehoe – Wexford

23. Niamh Carroll – Wicklow

24. Fiona Mahon – Meath

25. Mary Nevin – Dublin

26. Ger Doherty – Meath

27. Lyndsey Peat – Dublin

28. Colleen Barrett – Dublin

29. Mary Sheridan – Meath

30. Amy McGuinness – Dublin

Manager: Gerry McGill

Selectors: Bill Daly Dublin

Sean McMullin Longford

Physio: Niall Ó Connachtáin

Back to top Go down
Lilylady11
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Four Kildare players selected for Leinster   Fri May 20, 2011 10:05 pm

Of the four named, only Holton and Noelle are there on merit.
Brianne is there because of her name, performances in recent times have been sloppy enough. And Donna, well she's been turning up at Leinster trials since she was 16 without ever doing anything to merit same.

I really admire the way managers like McGeeney pick their teams. It never matters to them what you've done in a match last year or the year before. To him, you are only as good as your last game or even training session. If this were to be applied to the ladies football world and this Leinster team in particlular, there would only be 2 Kildare players and probably a handfull of others not selected!
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Four Kildare players selected for Leinster   Sat May 21, 2011 12:24 am

Proof of small minded attitude, again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will disagree with you and say all 4 are there very much on merit and at least 2 or 3 more Kildare players could easily have made the squad also, as did Deirdre Gately, Aine Gately, Maria Moolick, Aisling Jennings, Kate Leahy,Tracy Noone, Anto Mooney and Therese Martin over recent years.

Lets see what the Team of the League will bringwhen its annonced next week !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Four Kildare players selected for Leinster   Thu May 26, 2011 3:03 am

jaysus that team of the league was named ages ago, definitely by the time you typed that comment kelf. It did support your argument mind you.

Having said that, there have been Kildare players nominated for All Stars and they weren't even the best Kildare players that year. I haven't seen anything this year so I can't comment (one game is all) but certainly in the past, the selection of these things was iffy. But then, ladies football is hardly the only sport where that happens.

It's obvious that at least one of those Kildare players would not, in a month of Sundays, be amongst the best players in Leinster (let's face it, Munster have been picking Cork substitutes for years!! it's the interpros! And the judges of the team of the league probably just saw the final and if more, not much more).

But rather than knock the quartet on the interpros and the three on the league team, I'd prefer to congratulate them. It's not a big thing but it's nice to get.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Four Kildare players selected for Leinster   Thu May 26, 2011 5:00 am

Just to clarify: THe judges of the League team were the Referees of each game and most notably the opposition managers
Back to top Go down
Lilylady11
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Four Kildare players selected for Leinster   Thu May 26, 2011 9:00 pm

Very amusing how you accuse me of being small minded purely because I dared to argue with your opinions. There's a lot of football people in the county who would argue that your small mindedness was the cause of untold problems for this county over the years. But we won't go there......

Basically, if you're going to try and tell me that thos eplayers are the very best that Leinster has to offer - your lying. I wont get into naming names, but there is no way in hell that those are the best players in the league either. Whilst the GAA may court controversy with their awards - they haven't ever been anywhere as rediculous and blin as the ladies organisation.

From what Ive seen of Kildare (at a distance) and the other counties in the province, Dublin (who I have seen at very close quarters) are in line to blow away the opposition again. I believe their closest rivals will be Laois.

Time will tell...

Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Four Kildare players selected for Leinster   Thu May 26, 2011 9:17 pm

Lilylady11

It was the opinion of the Leinster selectors you were strongly disputing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had merely offered a "well done" to the 3 Ladies on their selection and notice you did not !!!!

In my reply to you I then offered an opinion !!!!! Just to get the facts straight.

Now we all have our opinions but how they can be deemed truth or lies is a logical difficulty unless somebody is trying to do a bit of mud slinging by using the "L" word !!!!

And I agree with you that the Dubs are strong favourites for Leinster with Laois second favourites.

Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Four Kildare players selected for Leinster   Fri May 27, 2011 5:12 am

that certainly gives the league team more standing kelf without doubt... the interpro is a laugh but sure that's what it is as a competition, a bit of fun... as you say, all you were doing was congratulating girls and once again, I'll add my name to that.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Four Kildare players selected for Leinster   Fri May 27, 2011 9:32 pm

id also like to offer my congradulations well deserved in my opinion i also thought 1 or 2 others would have been close having been outstanding in there positions aswell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four Kildare players selected for Leinster   

Back to top Go down

Four Kildare players selected for Leinster
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1