Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Suggestions/Questions for Admin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:12 pm

Cilldara_2000 just to add to what admin3 said.

You sent me a private message the other day asking me why the Leixlip v Athy thread was locked also. Is there any particular reason you want 2 controversial threads left open for a free for all?

Not only was there personal abuse on both threads but the main reason both threads were locked is because there could be criminal investigations into both incidents. Not only that we do not libelous comments being posted on the forum about either incident.

You suggested to me in your private message that the possibility of a criminal investigation would have nothing to do with it being discussed openly on this forum couldn't be further from the truth.

Both incidents may be able to be discussed at a later date if either a GAA investigation and or a criminal investigation is complete (if either take place).

Until then we don't want to prejudge either incident or either of the 4 clubs being shown in a bad light. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty at the end of the day.

That is the end of the discussion.

Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Tue May 08, 2012 1:23 am

Why is it every time BelieveToAchieve goes on one of his mindless rants a thread is closed yet he is still allowed to abuse posters?
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Tue May 08, 2012 2:01 am

Have to agree with that. Everyone else was playing the ball. And it is a topical subject of interest to everyone.

I also note that the poster in question has tried to reignite the discussion previously dictated to have been ended (last line, two posts up) yet nothing has been done about that either. Double standards.

Just to add, I have no problem with BTA and where the discussion was heading. We're all adults and we can take these things on the chin in the fashion in they were intended. No need to come in with the over-zealous moderation, yet again.

But I suppose we'll end with another pronouncement of the end of the discussion from on high and we'll all be good little forumers and do what we're told and not discuss things that that the whole county is discussing elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Tue May 08, 2012 2:42 am

I locked the thread because there is already one on transfers and everything to do with Seanie Johnston. Why do you need three or four different threads to argue about the same thing. That thread is 38 pages long. It was never closed and everybody could have their say. Yet you are moaning that a thread going over the same things is closed. Act like the adult you say you are.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Sun May 13, 2012 9:09 pm

Admin, any chance of you unlocking the thread for "Rating Referee Performances". I would like to post some comments good and bad from some of the games i have attended in which referees had some very good games and not so good games........I would hope it would descend into a personal abuse of referees like before......... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Sun May 13, 2012 9:35 pm

A leinster championship or offaly pinned match thread?
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Mon May 14, 2012 1:56 am

Done
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Mon May 14, 2012 10:05 am

Admin, any news on my request to open the thread for rating of referees....
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Thu May 17, 2012 9:15 am

Maybe delete some stickys, theres too many.
Back to top Go down
butterfingers
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Wed May 23, 2012 12:48 am

Maybe a sticky for each of the kildare championships, senior, inter and junior and delete some of the old stickys....
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Wed May 23, 2012 12:59 am

Thanks for the suggestions. Three Stickies deleted, the Tyrone final game can be left for a while more.

I've sticky for the Club thread, might be better to leave as one thread as there are a lot of good posts already in that thread.
Back to top Go down
butterfingers
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Wed May 23, 2012 1:02 am

That seems fair, good stuff admin.
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:24 pm

How about a Twitter watch thread admin? A lot of very interesting comments on twitter these days.
Back to top Go down
le hit in
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:40 pm

How about a sticky to post links to different articles from around the web about Kildare gaa? Be it national media or local papers?
Back to top Go down
W .H. OAMI
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:12 am

Just a suggestion admin. I read journal.ie regularly  and beside every comment they have a "like or"dislike" button so you can agree or disagree with comments posted. Would it be possible to add that to this forum  so that the view of the silent majority who read  regularly but don't post comments can be seen.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:06 pm

Would it be possible to remove the photograph of Kieran McGeeney, who is currently a member of the Armagh backroom team, from the home page of this Kildare Gaa site.
It is time to move on and leave the past behind, therefore I suggest a photograph of Jason Ryan
would show our united support for the new manager.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:40 am

Almost two years later, and we still have the previous manager's photograph on the home page. Like, seriously, what does this say about the admin on here!

Let it go lads, okay, McGeeney was treated badly, and certainly deserved more respect from the powers that be.

But it is time to move on, and put a photo of Jason and the current team on the home page.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:06 pm

I don't think Admin is around the site too much these days as a few comments / suggested have not been answered. I guess we all have our own lives and admin's may be too busy to deal with the site. I do think the site could do with some moderation including warnings to people posting personal abuse.

@admin if it would help to run/enhance the site I'm sure there's one or two on here who would be willing / have some time to help administer things. Particularly now we're back in the big time and the visitor numbers may increase !!
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:03 am

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   

Back to top Go down

Suggestions/Questions for Admin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top