Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Kildare Development Squads

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
ballyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:37 am

Dublin usually have 3-4 teams at u14 level, they don't start coming together till u16
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:58 pm

White Bridge

Thanks for your post. I heard recently that Dublin clubs had won the Feile for the last three to four years so that was the reason for my question. I am sure that there are a few from my club with this current set up.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:24 pm

Yeah seems to be a lot going on at underage. Although if that report on Dublin getting most of the development funds from Croke Park is correct how can we compete? WE need to win a u-16,u-18 or minor title.
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:29 pm

Is their anything to win at U16? Seems completely unfair that more funds can go towards one county for development, and not by just a couple of quid either!!

Saw some of the U15 blitz on Saturday, impressive stuff!! fairplay to the mentors involved. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:38 pm

The u/16 teams of 2010 and 2011 came out on top in Leinster both times defeating Dublin in the final
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:00 am

I must admit I only keep an eye on minor and under 21 results and do not know much bout the u-16 level. Greatto hear that lillyboy and hopefully we can hold on to a lot of those players. They will hvae no fear competing aginst the bigger teams as they areused to it.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: what happened from 2010 to 2012 minors to turn that arounfd so dramatically??   Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:03 am

lillyboy wrote:
The u/16 teams of 2010 and 2011 came out on top in Leinster both times defeating Dublin in the final
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:06 am

Sorry lillyboy, not a very clear question. My point was the u16s beat Dublin, so how was there such a shift in the results?
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:54 am

Ah a very good ? Unfortunately I don't have the answer, I don't know how many of the players from the game @ u/16 were involved this year for example. Maybe this years match was 1 of those days, like who at half time on Sunday could see what was coming when the previous 3 and a half championship matches left a point it 2 between the teams .Kildare have certain advantages @ dev squad level due to numbers in the county and Dublin splitting their teams so it can distort things slightly. However if year on year top Kildare continue to produce the goods the breakthrough @ minor level will surely follow
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:18 am

Underage success doesn't always carry through to senior inter county, just look at Laois.

Kerry are hardly raking in u21 and minor All Irelands either.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:52 am

Taibi wrote:
Underage success doesn't always carry through to senior inter county, just look at Laois.

Kerry are hardly raking in u21 and minor All Irelands either.

You're correct in that underage success is no a guarantee of senior success. The problem a lot of counties have is that they fail to keep lads grounded after success at underage level and it goes to their heads. I think this is what happened with a lot of the Laois players who won minor All Irelands and I feel the Limerick hurlers who won three u21s in a row suffered a similar fate.

It's much easier for counties like Kerry to do without underage success. Realistically only three or four of most minor teams will become senior regulars unless they're an exceptional crop. I'd imagine it's way easier for three or four young players to integrate themselves into the Kerry football or Kilkenny hurling set up. A young lad introduced onto the Kerry panel is surrounded by lads with bags of experience, All Stars and medals. The pressure is off the young lads to a certain extent coming into such a winning environment. Compare that to say the Roscommon minors who won an All Ireland a few years ago. They're expected to come into a much weaker senior set up with no track record of success. There's a lot more expected of them within a county like Roscommon because they were All Ireland winners as minors. A lad who was a good minor or u21 in Kerry is just another in a long line.

Underage success is not a prerequisite for senior success but for a county like Kildare we need to foster a winning attitude from a young age. Intercounty football is as much to do with the mentality of players as it it their skill or fitness levels. Kildare have had players over the last twenty years who could hold their own with anyone else in the country in terms of skill and fitness. Even though we had a poor year this year I wouldn't say the current Kildare players are vastly inferior to any of the four teams left. What seperates us from the top teams is that inner belief and bit of composure on the big day. It is something held us back for as long as I've been following Kildare teams and the only way you can address it is by fostering that belief into lads at a young age. If players are competing with the best around when they're minors and u21s then there's a far greater chance that they'll believe they can beat them when they get to senior level.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:03 am

Good post there KK, all very true imo what your saying, i feel there was alot of changes to minor panel this year, i.e. young players who had come through the various levels of development squads over the previous years were dropped this year for other players that were preferred by the management, some of who had not been on any development squads......i know a few who were dropped and seen the players that replaced them on minor panel its hard to see the reason why they were replaced....also i feel whoever is involved as mentors in this years u-15/u-16 and u-17 development squads should be allowed to stay with there squad until minor level, especially with the reports coming back that these mentors are doing such good work with these young lads....
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:48 pm

The U15 development team, play Laois this evening @5:30 in Ballykelly.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:05 am

good performance today by the 15s with a weakened squad beat laois 4-21 to 1-08
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:58 am

This squad must have been short a fair few players with all the U-16 finals on over the weekend, they seemed to be ticking along nicely........this particulor squad by all accounts seem to be very strong and may be one for the future all going well.......keep up the good work lads......
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:02 am

Any word on the proposed u 17 trip to Kerry tournament ?
Back to top Go down
umpireonditch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:18 am

[quote="SeamusMurphy"]Any word on the proposed u 17 trip to Kerry tournament ?[/quote]

Hardly the best timing for a trip to Kerry with the minor A champ quarters oun tuesday??
Back to top Go down
ballyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:26 am

Kildare were invited, they accepted being fully aware that it would be likely that some players would be tied up with their clubs, that's why the panel's are big
Back to top Go down
Kildare Castle
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:37 am

overthebar wrote:
This squad must have been short a fair few players with all the U-16 finals on over the weekend, they seemed to be ticking along nicely........this particulor squad by all accounts seem to be very strong and may be one for the future all going well.......keep up the good work lads......

Its a very good squad overthe bar the Laois result really shows the strength of it as i know Sarsfields ,Rheban and Athy have 3 players each on the Kildare panel that would have been in action at the u16s finals and prob didnt play,takes a fair squad to lose 9 players and still win 4-21 to 1-08,well done to all involved.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:36 pm

I heard this morning that the 17' s trip to Kerry had to be cancelled, understandable I suspose with so much going on with the clubs at the moment
Back to top Go down
ballyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:37 pm

Understandable it may be but, but pulling out at the 11th hour hardly reflects well on Kildare. Me thinks very little joined up thinking goes on in our county
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:37 am

I heard that the U-15 development squad are out in the final blitz on bank holiday monday next in Dunganny in meath. They are fixed to play all the other blitz winners through out the year and there first game is against Dublin 2 in a semi final, they other semi final game is Dublin 1 V Meath and the winners and losers play one another in next game. This should be a real test for this talented squad, not sure what time it starts but best of luck to all involved......i'm sure your support would be welcome if your looking for somewhere to go on monday........Cill Dara Abu'
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:16 am

How are the u 17 Squad doing ?, Has anything happened since the non event of the Kerry trip. I suppose it wont be to long till there will be progression to Minor Trials.
Thanks for the updates Lads.
Back to top Go down
ballyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:54 am

Under 17's are finished up due to unavailability of players, any U17 worth his salt would be playing with their U21 team
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:30 am

Update from today's action..........

In Hawkfield the two U14 teams had 4 wins out of 4 against Carlow and Wexford.

In Newbridge the U16s beat Meath 1-9 to 0-10

Any word from the U15s?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    

Back to top Go down

Kildare Development Squads
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next